what am i doing wrong ? i downloaded the .436 os. i clicked on computer / program files / common files / rim / apploader / loader. then the start up wizard pops up and i click next / next / this puts me on the device aapplication selection. well if i click on details then modules it has the installed and available versions. well the .436 isn't there only the .428. this is the exact steps i took to go from .320 to .428 and it worked fine. oh yeah i had to unplug the internet too. somebody help a rookie out PLEASE
    You need to to delete Vendor.xml
    01-05-10 09:41 AM
    anyone put these JAVA files on a 9550 yet?
    01-05-10 09:45 AM
    Haha! Sorry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 09:55 AM
    Installing it right now on my Vodafone 9520. Not sure if earlier version had this but there seems to be a LOT of games with this version. I see Monopoly and Sims 3 as well as the usual bunch. Were they there before as well?
    01-05-10 10:19 AM
    Games are demo versions.
    01-05-10 10:21 AM
    As ever, this thread is getting confusing, and half the time people are talking about a different phone, or the 9550 instead of the 9520. Can we please stick to discussing the 5.0.0.436 leak for the 9520, so that people can make an informed decision as to whether to install it or not?

Thanks to all those that have given feedback, but I'm still none the wiser as to whether to upgrade my Storm 9520.
    Last edited by Sii; 01-05-10 at 10:43 AM.
    01-05-10 10:28 AM
    well I have decided to give it ago. Having Vodamoan I couldn't try the last update (stupid no drm). I will be happy to report any findings. So far (15mins) I have noticed the whole thing being faster or snappier but it could be ye old placebo effect.

Have noticed my red button issue has now gone. Worth updating for that in my case.
    I wonder if the 'snappiness' is simply because a new OS has been installed, and a lot of cr@p has been cleared out in the process? Not disputing you, just an observation, as it happens when you reinstall a computer OS, then it starts to slow down again after a while.
    01-05-10 10:45 AM
    Does anyone who has installed this on the 9520 have BBLight, and does it work now?
    01-05-10 10:46 AM
    The battery life on this is better for me. On older OS my battery drain was 10% per hour. The hour drive to work my battery would drain to 90% and u wouldn't even use it.

I would have to charge it at midday as it was so bad.

On this OS So far my battery is down to 51% after a day of heavy usage.

Far better for me so far.

Still not noticed any visual or option changes.

I still think its under the hood changes.

01-05-10 11:21 AM
    I wonder if the 'snappiness' is simply because a new OS has been installed, and a lot of cr@p has been cleared out in the process? Not disputing you, just an observation, as it happens when you reinstall a computer OS, then it starts to slow down again after a while.
    Completely agree with you and I ain't kidding about the placebo effect either. The browser does 'seem' quicker too tho. I am a bit bias as this release has sorted my unresponsive red button issue so am going like this release. I will keep playing and report anything i find
    01-05-10 11:21 AM
    I've noticed some KB bugs. Sometimes when a keyboard should be pulled up, the screen moves up, but no keyboard , you can see the previous screens "shadow" there. Sometimes. it's only happened about once. There is also a lag between pressing the symb and 123 buttons. That's kind of annoying. :s anyone else notice these?
    01-05-10 11:42 AM
    I've noticed some KB bugs. Sometimes when a keyboard should be pulled up, the screen moves up, but no keyboard , you can see the previous screens "shadow" there. Sometimes. it's only happened about once. There is also a lag between pressing the symb and 123 buttons. That's kind of annoying. :s anyone else notice these?
    Doesn't sound good. I have tried to give my keyboard a good workout but not happened to me YET. How you finding the browser?
    01-05-10 11:47 AM
    My boot time was actually halved even when I restored all my clutter.

Amazing.
    01-05-10 12:33 PM
    Doesn't sound good. I have tried to give my keyboard a good workout but not happened to me YET. How you finding the browser?
    It's OK. I don't really like this build TOO much. Battery life STINKS. I've never killed this battery before, but in 8 hours it went from 100 --> 22%. that's not even in 3g. So I'm downgrading. The MOST stable OS has been 306 for me. decent battery life, and solid OS. I do like some things found in 436 though.

I'm going to downgrade tonight after my battery hits 50% (charging it right now).
    01-05-10 01:20 PM
    Am going to stick out for a week and make a decision. I agree with 306 being the best but I loved the key indicators in 402. Never know voda might release an official update soon.
    01-05-10 01:24 PM
    I'm going to downgrade tonight after my battery hits 50% (charging it right now).
    Just curious, but assuming it's connected via USB, and therefore charging, is there any reason to wait for a 50% battery charge before swapping OSs?
    01-05-10 02:53 PM
    what am i doing wrong ? i downloaded the .436 os. i clicked on computer / program files / common files / rim / apploader / loader. then the start up wizard pops up and i click next / next / this puts me on the device aapplication selection. well if i click on details then modules it has the installed and available versions. well the .436 isn't there only the .428. this is the exact steps i took to go from .320 to .428 and it worked fine. oh yeah i had to unplug the internet too. somebody help a rookie out PLEASE
    this update is for 9520 (GSM) according to your profile u have 9550 not 9520
    01-05-10 02:58 PM
    Just curious, but assuming it's connected via USB, and therefore charging, is there any reason to wait for a 50% battery charge before swapping OSs?
    It's always good to keep at least 50% battery in your device while writing to the firmware memory. It really depends on the device. Some ports / hubs don't supply enough power to the device while transfering. So it uses the devices battery. An excellent example would be the iphone. While on USB and using the device (screen on), many people complain at least, that it actually dies while charging via USB And using it. So, while updating roms, keep 50% just in case :P.
    01-05-10 03:10 PM
    I've now installed it. I came from 341.
    1. The bottom buttons are much improved- but still a problem on a flat surface.
    2. speed is better
    3. The screen seems more responsive- typing is less of a chore
    4. Haven't noticed the popup letters?

I'll run it for a few days and watch the battery life
    01-05-10 03:19 PM
    It's always good to keep at least 50% battery in your device while writing to the firmware memory. It really depends on the device. Some ports / hubs don't supply enough power to the device while transfering. So it uses the devices battery. An excellent example would be the iphone. While on USB and using the device (screen on), many people complain at least, that it actually dies while charging via USB And using it. So, while updating roms, keep 50% just in case :P.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    01-05-10 03:22 PM
    Did the spacing between the options within the menus change? Like previously in .230 there would be some space between items, now they almost look like they are on top of one another. Is it .419 related or 5.0v8 .419/.423 hybrid related? Thanks
    01-05-10 04:36 PM
    Just finished updating. First boot I had a freeze then had to bat pull. Next one was fine. Did not notice anything new in this build but the keyboard here is great. No lags at all.
    Have noticed what seems to be a bug: while dialing on quickdial the red led blinks quite weak but in a dark room you can notice the light.
    One correction over 402 is that the 123 square is not showing anymore in the right upper corner of the screen when the keyboard is NOT active. That was happening all the time even in the home screen.
    To soon to talk about bat life. So far I'm sticking to it. I was very happy with 402 anyway.

01-05-10 04:38 PM
    By the way, shouldn't this thread be under the Storm2 forum? I guess this is what is causing lots of other devices to report findings here and also the almost completely absence of storm2 owners. Mods?

01-05-10 04:41 PM
    1. Noticed some small changes to menus- Home Screen preferences has been prettied up.
    2. I had a seperate folder for email and sms plus a messages folder. After this update the email folder has gone but as I have only one email account, the messages folder works fine. I still have the seperate sms/mms folder.
    3. The problem on a flat surface with the four buttons remains
    4. Browser - small improvement- smh mobile loads faster. We still need a decent browser
    5. I lost all my settings for 3rd party apps- had to re register and setup where's my phone,quickpull,taskmanager, vnc+ and simpleweather.
    6. Reboot is slightly quicker than 341
    7. OS is quicker
    8. So far battery life is slightly better
    9. Typing is quicker but no popup characters that others have mentioned
    10. No problems with Camera. There have been some reports of camera issues with 402 and this but I can't duplicate them
    01-05-10 05:37 PM
    9. Typing is quicker but no popup characters that others have mentioned
    Of course you need to enable this feature in Options-Screen/Keyboard.
    01-05-10 06:17 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD