12-30-12 08:44 AM
380 ... 678910 ...
tools
    That's really strange. Have you tried using BBSAK yet?

Which version of DM are you using?
    08-21-09 10:23 AM

Yea it is strange..what is BBSAK? and I'm using v5.0 of DM. But when I use it, I'm not connected to the Internet.
    08-21-09 12:13 PM
    Yea it is strange..what is BBSAK? and I'm using v5.0 of DM. But when I use it, I'm not connected to the Internet.
    other things to try
    1. wipe your BB
    2. install from a different computer or make sure cache is cleared
    3. install using crackmem...
    08-21-09 02:00 PM

I got the latest version off BBSAK and installed it..but can't get it to detect my phone or connect to it. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with all this stuff...
    08-21-09 10:03 PM
    I haven't tried DM 5.0. I do know that it works with DM 4.5 and 4.6. Very odd that BBSAK doesn't detect your phone... Sounds like there is more going on with your computer than with the phone itself.
    08-21-09 10:25 PM
    I haven't tried DM 5.0. I do know that it works with DM 4.5 and 4.6. Very odd that BBSAK doesn't detect your phone... Sounds like there is more going on with your computer than with the phone itself.
    I tried using DM 4.5 and still nothing..and I have googled the BBSAK issue and it seems that there are problems out there with ppl not being able to connect their devices. I am pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with my computer..everything installs correctly and runs fine. The problems arise when I'm trying to do something on the phone...it seems like there's something on the phone that is not accepting the .160 update..I don't know if i has to do with the .135 OS that's on there..but I feel that if it wasn't the phone then i wouldn't be getting the "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded," message when I try to load it manually. Something has to be on the phone, either that Sprint put in or that's in the .135 OS..I don't know...
    08-22-09 11:01 AM
    It could depend on the theme you are using (or not using). You might want to try a different theme setting.
    Good call! Switched up the theme and now I can see the text fine in BB messenger 5.0.
    08-24-09 09:45 PM
    Is the OP working on updating the hybrid with more 5.0 files, etc?
    08-25-09 02:04 PM
    yeah is there any way they can include new 5.0 files such as the threaded sms and other new functions? that would be awsome!!!!
    08-26-09 01:46 AM
    yeah is there any way they can include new 5.0 files such as the threaded sms and other new functions? that would be awsome!!!!
    I'm going to attempt it right now. Will post it up if it works.
    08-26-09 04:18 AM
    any luck 312?
    08-26-09 12:21 PM
    I am currently running OS 4.5.0.135 under Verizon...I followed all the instructions to a tee, and for some reason my desktop manager and loader.exe don't recognize that there is an update...I deleted the vendor.xml file, I copied everything over the way you said to do so, and I even disconnected from the internet, but nothing works...I am using Desktop Manager v4.5 can someone help me??????
    08-26-09 02:13 PM
    I am currently running OS 4.5.0.135 under Verizon...I followed all the instructions to a tee, and for some reason my desktop manager and loader.exe don't recognize that there is an update...I deleted the vendor.xml file, I copied everything over the way you said to do so, and I even disconnected from the internet, but nothing works...I am using Desktop Manager v4.5 can someone help me??????
    The first thing I'd do, is update to DM 5.0.

any luck 312?
    HA. NO! Bricked my phone like 3 times. I think I'm just going to leave this up to people who know what they're doing.
    08-26-09 04:45 PM
    I have been experiencing the sound problems that others have (stinks when I was using gps navigation and missed a couple turns before I realized it had stopped speaking... Doh!). . I also had the squeek during a phone conversation... And my phone requires fairly routine battery pulls - more than normal. Although, even with all that, the hybrid seems to be generally worth it. Improved memory and browser speeds, not to mention BBM 5.0. How are the hybrid updates coming along?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 10:06 AM
    no dice its like everytime i try this part "If you have any problems with DM not detecting the hybrid then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run the Loader.exe." nothing happens like it doesnt detect an update and i have dm5.0 and still nothing
    08-28-09 12:09 PM
    It may not look like an update to dm but when you run it or the loader just do a wipe and check the files that will be installed you should notice the files for the browser and messenger and stuff as .160 not .135 like the other files.

08-28-09 06:23 PM
    OK, now I have tried this as well but no joy.

In all honesty, I followed instructions to the letter. It just wont work, whether I overwrite the entire folder or do it one by one (after failure, started experimenting)

Now, of course I unplugged the CAT5 as per instructions, but i THINK the DS is grabbing the latest version of the device OS from somewhere. I dont know where.

i deleted the vendor file, copied everything over and left the themes etc OUT of the Java foler, etc etc. but it runs through the entire updating OS procedure and i'm right back to where i started. No 5.0 files and no themes, etc.

I am using Windows 7, DM 5.0.

Just cant figure it out.

Pete
    08-28-09 07:55 PM
    Did you try uninstaling everything blackberry and RIM out of the program files and common files. I also run win 7 64bit DM5

08-28-09 11:09 PM
    Did you try uninstaling everything blackberry and RIM out of the program files and common files. I also run win 7 64bit DM5

No, i have not, but thats a reasonable idea.

I remember the first time i tried it the DM asked for a location to update from and I pointed it towards the shared folder. The following tries it never asked.

I will keep plugging away because it obviously works for others and even though I am "sure" I'm doing everything correctly, I may not be ;-)

Pete
    08-29-09 07:58 AM
    Anyone else having issues with the keypad lock taking approximately 2 min to unlock when using custom themes on this hybrid os?

I used the bottom dock theme in the first post, and had purchased an HTC Hero theme for 8830 as well. Both themes had same effect.

Switching back to default themes on the phone did not remove the issue, the custom themes had to actually be deleted from the phone in order for the keypad lock to go back to unlocking immediately.

Seems like there might be an issue with the plazmic applications? Are those from .160 or 5.0?
    08-29-09 09:02 AM
    I had the exact same problem when I upgraded to .160 without any custom themes installed, except I use the stand-by/mute button. It stopped for awhile with 5.0 hybrid install, then comes back intermittently.
    08-29-09 08:14 PM
    I just started experiencing the delay fade-in of the screen, particularly out of standby, but any time the screen times out, too.

08-30-09 01:49 AM
    Thanks for that!!!!! Now I feel that I can make the upgrade to a hybrid os.

08-31-09 09:48 PM
    Can the OP update the rar file with the latest OS update (4.5.0.169) that just came out from U.S Cellular? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B290280&step=4
    09-08-09 12:46 PM
    I spoke to the OP about updating using the latest 5.0 files. He doesn't have an 8830 to test anymore. I will work on this for everyone.
    09-08-09 12:48 PM
380 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD