12-30-12 08:44 AM
380 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I installed the hybird this morning because I got tired of doing battery pulls to get media playback working. I have stripped out some things I don't need (ptt and some themes) and I installed the precision bottom dock theme, but it does not show up in my themes list. Anyone know what the problem is here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 11:35 AM
    U need the factory themes for aftermarket ones to work. Try installing it with all original themes in place and report back

06-25-09 11:47 AM
    I have the zen theme. Do I need the L theme, the today theme, and the sprint theme (my carrier theme)?

06-25-09 11:50 AM
    For the most compatibility with aftermarket themes, its best to leave them all installed. Some themes use resources from original themes even if its zen, it may use an L resource or a today resource.

I wish this weren't the case cause it would be nice to have the extra mem but I just leave them all so I won't have issues with any themes

06-25-09 11:53 AM
    The device media processor busy bug is still present in this hybird.

06-25-09 11:59 AM
    For the most compatibility with aftermarket themes, its best to leave them all installed. Some themes use resources from original themes even if its zen, it may use an L resource or a today resource.

I wish this weren't the case cause it would be nice to have the extra mem but I just leave them all so I won't have issues with any themes

Good to know. Extra memory is more important to me than cool themes.

06-25-09 12:23 PM
    I was just wondering if you've updated they hybrid at all from the original posting. Just want to make sure I haven't missed any updates. Also have you thought about encorporating any 4.6 and 4.7 files into the hybrid?
    06-25-09 03:12 PM
    So, is it a big job to make a hybrid with BB Maps 4.5 instead? No, I don't have to have them, but nice to have everything working..............

R...

Hmm I don't use maps so I never really tested it, but my suggestion would be to uninstall maps and use google maps which is a lot better anyway

if you really dont like that suggestion, then i will make one with the 4.5 bb maps for you

06-25-09 11:29 PM
    I already made it I'm in the process of testing it.

06-26-09 08:17 AM
    I have verified that my install did work, at least partially becaise I see the 5.0 files in the modules. But I don't see any 5.0 modules that relate to the media player and I'm still having the issue with the player media processor. Any ideas?

06-26-09 10:21 AM
    Will this work on verizon? The telus throws me off a bit..
    06-26-09 12:04 PM
    Yea it will

06-26-09 12:37 PM
    I have verified that my install did work, at least partially becaise I see the 5.0 files in the modules. But I don't see any 5.0 modules that relate to the media player and I'm still having the issue with the player media processor. Any ideas?

I am having this problem too. I am going to try and load the media player from .135 to fix this in a few days. I'll post an update here and let everyone know how it goes when I am done.

06-26-09 12:50 PM
    Wow. Just completed the OS upgrade (my first upgrade on my 8830) and am so impressed and appreciative.

Thank you so very much for the great themes as well.
    06-26-09 02:03 PM
    I've been running this OS for about 3 days now and so far no real problems. My free file memory shot up from about 9mb with Sprint's 4.5 to around 16mb after a batt pull. I'm getting a pretty big leak somewhere though, as by the middle of the day my FF will dip to 8mb. I have a bit.lify program constantly running and ‹berTwitter so they might be the cause.

Thanks for the work, keep it up.

06-27-09 05:35 PM
    works good so far...
    06-28-09 04:23 AM
    So far so good! Thanks a lot. This'll make the wait for the Tour slightly less painful. Maybe.
    06-28-09 01:17 PM
    I already made it I'm in the process of testing it.

What's the status of the BBmaps inclusion in this hybrid?
    06-30-09 07:37 AM
    I am having this problem too. I am going to try and load the media player from .135 to fix this in a few days. I'll post an update here and let everyone know how it goes when I am done.

Using the media player from .135 didn't fix it. There must be something else involved in generating that error.
    06-30-09 08:59 AM
    I went back to 4.5 BB Maps and all seems well. I'm going to try reloading 5.0 and see what happens. It may just have been a glitch............... I'll let you know.

R...

What's the status of the BBmaps inclusion in this hybrid?
    06-30-09 07:10 PM
    RE: the media playback problem. Maybe loading the browser from .135 will fix it. I seem to recall youtube still working after everything else stops playing audio. No idea though.
    06-30-09 07:41 PM
    I just installed this hybrid, and wanted to say thanks! Everything works perfectly, and is much snappier than .160.

06-30-09 11:21 PM
    hey newb question but wouldnt this be able to work on a regular 8330...so does the .100 files give an edge or is it whatever?..what about the bb messager?is it the new one or old one?
    07-06-09 01:17 AM
    I just installed, and awesome, thanks, my memory is much more stable now.
    07-06-09 12:39 PM
    Skunkd.......... Check your PMs
    07-07-09 08:05 PM
380 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD