Did I miss the new Hybrid post? The forum is so dead for the 8830 now it is sad.
    11-21-09 09:10 AM
    work for 8330m?
    11-21-09 07:43 PM
    work for 8330m?
    Read the thread.
    11-21-09 08:04 PM
    i'm running skunkd's hybrid on my 8830 w/o any issues. browser is def faster as well as media functions. just uploaded the 8330's themes from the 1 posts and are working flawlessly. thanks for the franknstine OS and good look on the themes. keep m coming.
    11-22-09 08:55 PM
    Well I've been having constant freezing issues with my phone so it was recommended that I check out this thread on how to download the hybrid BUT either I'm completely lost or I don't have the files that I'm supposed to replace. If I go into the Research In Motion I don't have a Java folder, where might I find it?

The files I do have are:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion
    AppLoader
    BBBI Drivers
    BBWebSLLauncher
    Modem Drivers
    RIMDeviceManager
    USB Drivers

I currently have blackberry 8830
    4.5.0.127 (platform 3.4.0.20)

Can someone please steer me on the right path, I'm so freaking tired of the constant freezing, even after doing the memory clean, I have 6mb free.
    11-26-09 01:55 PM
    Well I've been having constant freezing issues with my phone so it was recommended that I check out this thread on how to download the hybrid BUT either I'm completely lost or I don't have the files that I'm supposed to replace. If I go into the Research In Motion I don't have a Java folder, where might I find it?

The files I do have are:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion
    AppLoader
    BBBI Drivers
    BBWebSLLauncher
    Modem Drivers
    RIMDeviceManager
    USB Drivers

I currently have blackberry 8830
    4.5.0.127 (platform 3.4.0.20)

Can someone please steer me on the right path, I'm so freaking tired of the constant freezing, even after doing the memory clean, I have 6mb free.
    Goto your Start menu, then select run, then copy and paste whichever one applies with your Windows OS. For most users, it's in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\
    For 64-bit users, it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

Hope that works for ya!
    11-26-09 02:06 PM
    Hey, I installed everything for the 8830 Hybrid OS 5.0 with BBM 5.0!! like it said in the post, but when i went to put it on my phone my DM coudlnt find the update. same thing when i tried to go through APP LOADER i deleted the vendor.xml file as well but nothing is happening it just says there is no update for my phone
    Last edited by Punian; 11-27-09 at 11:37 PM. Reason: added more information
    11-27-09 11:30 PM
    Back up your phone, than 3rd party apps. Wipe the phone w/ JL_Cdmer, do a factory reset. Than use apploader to inst the new hybrid O.S. You can google to find JL_Cdmer and install to your desktop. Than search Cberry to find out how to back up 3rd party apps. Hope this helps.
    11-29-09 02:18 PM
    Has anyone got the new hybrid with .175 working? This hybrid lights this phone up, I just dream of threaded sms!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 05:17 AM
    Noobie here. I was wondering the same thing about .175, since the instructions in the last hybrid that Skunkd posted advised to use the latest os available, and noted that it was currently .169.

By the way, I see that the last poster and some others still use the .160 hybrid and have not moved to the .169. Any reason for this? I have purchased a cheap refurb Verizon 8830 (to hold me over for the 14 months until my next NE2, after wasting the last one on an LG Touch - ugh!) and will definitely install one of Skunkd's hybrids but am not sure which is best. Thanks in advance for any advice!
    12-03-09 10:52 AM
    Wait so where is the .175 hybrid? People are talking as if they've installed it and I've yet to see links posted.
    12-03-09 10:59 AM
    I just dl the "new" (can us 8830 get some love VZW) os from sprint 175. Took Skunked hybrid and applied it to the os 175. I played gunipig w/ my 8830 and everything is working fine(i'm a vzw cust). Here's what I did:

1) removed my org os from my pc (common/rim/shared/loader)
    2) dl 175 from sprint/bb
    3) removed the vendor file
    4) copy skunked's java files from his hybrid
    5) pasted those files into the .175 java files
    6) backed up my phone
    7) used apploader to inst new hybrid os (dm dosen't allow me to dl new os)
    8) reloaded my back up
    9) *228/opt1, went to host routing tables and reg'd, than a batt pull (fyi, for those not in the know you can press alt/right cap/delete to do a reboot instead of pulling the batt)

Everything has been running well since 10pm 12/03 w/o any issues. If I do have any, I will report. If anyone want's to fine tune what I did, feel free and let me know what you did. Thanks.
    12-04-09 10:43 PM
    Interesting. I thought I followed those steps and I kept getting an error on the OS installation. Used jl_commander for the wipe and apploader.

I will try again!

12-06-09 02:28 AM
    What is you error message?
    12-06-09 07:53 AM
    Having trouble installing this on my 8830 WE on the Sprint network. Even after a wipe it's only giving me the option to install the .175 OS. AppLoader doesn't find an OS to install.
    01-08-10 03:11 PM
    Hi skunkd,

im trying to do my own Hybrid.. possible to provide only the os5.0 files as I tried to find out which but unable to do so.. =(
    01-12-10 12:52 AM
    So, when you load this OS does it LOOK like the 5.0 software on the curve 2 or does it just add some of the 5.0 functionality? For instance, does it have the blue icon highlights and the scroll wheel for changing the time and alarm?

02-18-10 01:48 PM
    when you install this, i've included a 4.6+ precision theme along with it that will make it look just like 4.6 and higher. 5.0 started the blue highlights which is not possible as of now.

basically you get a speedier browser from 5.0 and bit more memory to work with off the bat.

speedier os in general.

its worth a shot if your using the 8830 still i wouldnt be running one without this.
    02-18-10 08:43 PM
    does this give threaded sms?
    03-04-10 01:40 AM
    does this give threaded sms?
    Is the search button broken again?
    03-04-10 09:32 AM
    why i can't install the themes ? i already upgrade and following at 1st page

and of course i have the original themes
    03-23-10 09:08 AM
    how come you can update a hybrid on mac but not an OS??
    Confused.
    06-08-10 07:17 PM
    i cant install the theme... Help
    08-12-10 09:44 PM
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

guys new hybrid

install 4.5.0.169 official bb os to your pc

this hybrid includes 4.6.1.305/5.0.0.230

just copy and paste within the java folder and delete your vendor.xml and run loader.exe

as always backup your phone before upgrading!

Make a backup, including third party apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

1) Go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and uninstall any OS installed on your computer.

2) Download and install the .169 OS on your computer (currently the highest OS available for the 83XX series of BB, use what is highest). Move the .169 OS folder from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files to another location like your desktop.

3) Go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the .169 OS from your computer.

4) Download and install the highest OS available for your device on your computer.

5) Open up the Java folder in the OS that you downloaded at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\OS Folder\Java

6) Open another file explorer window and open the Java folder from the .169 OS folder that you moved from step #1. Highlight all the files in the Java folder and copy them to the Java folder in step #4 (the OS folder for your device).

7) Download the latest hybrid files to your computer and extract the files/folders.

8) Copy the hybrid files in the Java folder from the downloaded files/folders into the Java folder from step #5.

9) Optional: Shrink or use CrackMem to remove any unwanted stuff from your OS before loading on your BB.

10) Connect your BB to the USB port on your PC. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Apploader. Delete the vendor.xml file if it is there. Then double-click on loader.exe to load the hybrid on your BB.

*thanks to xliderider & justinadams
    what do you mean by hybrid files in step 7
    09-09-10 10:46 PM
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

guys new hybrid

install 4.5.0.169 official bb os to your pc

this hybrid includes 4.6.1.305/5.0.0.230

just copy and paste within the java folder and delete your vendor.xml and run loader.exe

as always backup your phone before upgrading!

Make a backup, including third party apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

1) Go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and uninstall any OS installed on your computer.

2) Download and install the .169 OS on your computer (currently the highest OS available for the 83XX series of BB, use what is highest). Move the .169 OS folder from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files to another location like your desktop.

3) Go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the .169 OS from your computer.

4) Download and install the highest OS available for your device on your computer.

5) Open up the Java folder in the OS that you downloaded at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\OS Folder\Java

6) Open another file explorer window and open the Java folder from the .169 OS folder that you moved from step #1. Highlight all the files in the Java folder and copy them to the Java folder in step #4 (the OS folder for your device).

7) Download the latest hybrid files to your computer and extract the files/folders.

8) Copy the hybrid files in the Java folder from the downloaded files/folders into the Java folder from step #5.

9) Optional: Shrink or use CrackMem to remove any unwanted stuff from your OS before loading on your BB.

10) Connect your BB to the USB port on your PC. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Apploader. Delete the vendor.xml file if it is there. Then double-click on loader.exe to load the hybrid on your BB.

*thanks to xliderider & justinadams
    I don't know how many people still pay attention to this thread (or this ancient phone) but I do have a question about something that I am having trouble with.
    I followed the above instructions and added skunkd's java files to the newest .189 (from memory, IIRC) and loaded to the Blackberry using DM while disconnected from the internet. Everything in the advanced options-> modules is showing the correct version.
    After doing this process I can not find the icon for BBM. I have tried options->show all and don't see it. I have tried changing themes and can not find it. I look in applications in advanced options and it shows that I am running BBM 5 and will even allow me to download from BB App world but no matter how I do it, I can not use the program.
    Another issue I'm having is getting the new "themes" listed in the original post to show up on the blackberry. Everytime I go to load them to the bb it gives me an error message of some kind whether I use AppLoader or DM.

Any help is appreciated!!! I really am at a dead end with this. I have tried pulling the battery, re-loading the phone with DM, etc, etc....
    10-24-10 10:39 AM
380 ... 13141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD