I am sorry to say it but I released this OS missing some files and I didn't realize it until late last night. The missing files fixed a couple bugs I started having after downgrading from the .182 and may have caused the .182 issues. I am going to have to cut down on my midnight project work.

Anyway here is a .rar that contains the missing files and a copy of BBSAK so can just load them manually without reloading the entire OS.

MissingCOD.rar

Just install BBSAK
    Plug in your phone and then start BBSAK
    Go to the modify CODs pane and select install
    Locate the unrar'ed .cod's and install them
    Wait for phone to reboot then unplug and enjoy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for us to get the 5.0 features such as threaded SMS we need an 8330m radio file which hasn't been leaked yet. Each phone has it's own unique radio file that ties in to the majority of the OS and is attached to things like the threaded SMS.

@Josheph Mother - I don't recall seeing a memory area in the options. I believe slanidracula is right that and you may have confused it with the media or status optinos.
    12-30-09 09:59 AM
    @ Josheph Mother

Did you look under Options > Status, File Free? I have never seen a Memory screen on my 8330m, just the File Free stat and the Media Card stats.
    Okay, my fault. Didn't compare it to the original for the m, the 8330 5.0 has options/memory, so I figured it was on this as well.
    12-30-09 11:05 AM
    so which is the correct download? also does it work with bbm 5.0.0.57? i had a hybrid before and everytime i tried to download the update for bbm, it wouldnt work. do we lose anything with this hybrid?
    12-30-09 08:30 PM
    The first post has the correct link and reports are BBM .57 doesn't work on this hybrid.
    12-30-09 08:31 PM
    great hybrid, runs real good, the help appplication doesnt work, but i dont use it so i dont care, just letting you know
    12-31-09 11:56 AM
    also there is no spell check when using the hybrid
    12-31-09 11:57 AM
    No love for .57 BBM? Thanks for the info...
    12-31-09 02:58 PM
    Nope not yet I haven't had a lot of time to nail it down yet hopefully in the new year I will have a little more time.
    12-31-09 07:51 PM
    I have found a fix for BBM and the spell check, if you have installed my hybrid please download the following .rar. All you need to do is install BBSAK if you don't have it already then plug in your phone (BBSAK is included in the .rar). Go to the modify CODs pane and select install then choose the four files in the BBMfix folder.

BBMfix.rar

That should fix all of the previous problems if you run into anything else just leave me a note.
    Last edited by SFL772; 01-01-10 at 11:04 AM.
    01-01-10 10:31 AM
    SFL, did you update the hybrid download in the first post with the new files....

You should also assign version numbers, so we identify which version has the bugs.
    01-01-10 01:56 PM
    Yes I updated the main post with a fixed release, I label them with the date but in the future I will add numbered release names.
    01-01-10 02:27 PM
    I'm about to load this up right now.
    I'll be following this thread.
    Hooray for a 8330m hybrid.

My "About" doesn't work anymore.
    What gives?
    Last edited by Gelladuga69; 01-01-10 at 08:07 PM.
    01-01-10 04:51 PM
    So i've been with blackberry over a year and only just found out about this hybrid stuff. Someone that could do this could you send me a pm or a link detailed how to do this as i am not good with computers, i tried to do a back up and kept getting error's. So i will not try till i can do that. And i looked and do not a shared file under the research in motion under program files. So i stopped at that point any info would be appreciated. Thank you for your time, and sorry for noob stuff but me and computer's sux.

andy
    01-01-10 08:11 PM
    I'm about to load this up right now.
    I'll be following this thread.
    Hooray for a 8330m hybrid.

My "About" doesn't work anymore.
    What gives?
    Umm it works on mine no problem did you by chance remove the voice activated dialing (VAD) with the shrink-a-os?
    01-01-10 09:59 PM
    Umm it works on mine no problem did you by chance remove the voice activated dialing (VAD) with the shrink-a-os?
    Yeah, I did.
    Does that make it not work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 11:22 AM
    yeah my phone is sitting here...
    doing nothing
    for 10 minutes....
    is that normal?
    01-02-10 11:27 PM
    @Gelladuga69 - Yes removing the VAD feature also removes the about screen you can instead press Alt + L shift + H to see similar info.

@Deathcommand - Yes it can take a while for your phone to reinitialize after an OS installation.
    01-02-10 11:50 PM
    About how much free space is left after the install? This is sounding pretty promising.

01-03-10 01:11 AM
    About how much free space is left after the install? This is sounding pretty promising.

Well it depends on how much you remove when you shrink the OS but I usually have about 49mb of free file space after that I then quickly fill with themes and apps.
    01-03-10 08:02 AM
    Done.
    But I see no difference in the home screen. BUT I am getting Java MUCH faster.
    Or it's just me being overly excited about having a 5.0 hybrid.
    What's is the About Screen supposed to show?
    01-03-10 08:08 AM
    Oh. And I'm going to be testing battery length and responsivness over the next few days.
    I'm usually kill my battery every day.
    I'm just new to hybrids XP
    01-03-10 08:12 AM
    After reading the post I just found something.
    The 27th one is bugged? Which post has the new one and what is messed up about the 27th?
    01-03-10 08:22 AM
    so i found the shared folder i delete everything in there from the original os then un-zip the .rar and paste all that into the original os java folder? then run shrink os and load from that? how do you do a bbsak?
    01-03-10 05:55 PM
    @Deathcommand - Yes the one from the 27th was missing a few files and fixes that could cause instability or missing features please down load and install the these links.

MissingCOD.rar - missing cods

BBMfix.rar - BBM/Spell check fix

You just need to install BBSAK (included in the .rar's) then plug in your phone and choose modify CODs then choose the install option and load all the .cods.

@2nazt - You don't need to delete everything in your OS folder under shared just extract the files from the .rar and copy it over to your java folder and overwrite.

You just need to install BBSAK and choose "wipe device" then use the 'app launcher' or shrink-a-os to load your new OS once the your phone reboots after the wipe.

REMEMBER to use desktop manager to back up your phone.
    01-03-10 06:56 PM
    this hybrid is the only reason i can run BBM 5.0.0.57, so for that i thank you. Seems a bit laggier in terms of browser speed comparative to other hybrids i've used, but overall i see a major difference as far as moving between apps. Definite improvement in camera loading time as well. very stable. low batt drain. no noticeable memory leakage. Great build man! Gives me faith that there will be some foreseeable future for the "m" folk
    01-04-10 02:24 PM
211 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD