Ahh. But when you are in a classroom, proofreading what you typed on your phone while you were staring at the teacher is generally not suggested.

And I love teeling people stuff.
    Don't you??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i'll teel you like it is...
    I was going to suggest two things to solve the proofreading issue...but instead i'll say this:
    i don't know how much or if you pay for school, but i sure began to pay more attention and picked interesting classes to attend once i figured out how much each individual class actually costs. =)

If you're still in class this week...then i wish you a happy spring break next week...if you have spring break now, then party it up!

To be more on topic...this hybrid is still great!
    03-24-10 07:16 PM
    i'll teel you like it is...
    I was going to suggest two things to solve the proofreading issue...but instead i'll say this:
    i don't know how much or if you pay for school, but i sure began to pay more attention and picked interesting classes to attend once i figured out how much each individual class actually costs. =)

If you're still in class this week...then i wish you a happy spring break next week...if you have spring break now, then party it up!

To be more on topic...this hybrid is still great!
    Haha
    Public school..?
    I'm in highschool
    :P

And yes i love this hybrid
    my phone is flying out of reboots
    03-25-10 07:41 AM
    Haha
    Public school..?
    I'm in highschool
    :P

And yes i love this hybrid
    my phone is flying out of reboots
    I see our public schools have failed yet another student (no fault of your own of course)
    03-25-10 10:48 AM
    Anyone having an issue with getting #HELP* to work? Anyone know if that also works on 5.0? Thanks.
    03-30-10 03:36 AM
    Maybe someone can help me out here. My phone is updated to 186 and it's a 8330m from Sprint. I can not find the shared folder anywhere. Even googled the file name of one of the files in the rar file and nothing came up. Where can this folder be and how can I fix this problem? Thank you!
    03-30-10 05:19 AM
    Maybe someone can help me out here. My phone is updated to 186 and it's a 8330m from Sprint. I can not find the shared folder anywhere. Even googled the file name of one of the files in the rar file and nothing came up. Where can this folder be and how can I fix this problem? Thank you!
    Assuming you're doing this on a windows pc or mac running windows, you must first download and install the latest OS from Sprint/Blackberry. You can find the file to download either off of your personal Sprint webpage (look for the link to update device software - or something along those lines) or search for it on Blackberry.com.
    After downloading and installing the software you will be able to find all the folders on your computer by following the instructions on the first page of this post.

To make it easier I just found the link on my own "My Sprint" page. I hope this works for you. Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - BlackBerry� Curve� 8330

You only need to download the first .186 OS.
    You should download Desktop Manager too if you haven't already.

Original poster also made this note on the first page (which is entirely true):
    "*NOTE: if you are running a 64bit OS all the folder locations are under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\*"
    Last edited by nodrogkam; 03-30-10 at 10:23 AM.
    03-30-10 10:20 AM
    I tried to load this OS, using all the latest files (I think ha). When I went to load it using apploader it said that it couldn't continue because I was missing some email setup wizard files. I believe I copied all the hybid files, 55 total I believe. Anyone have a clue as to what I messed up? I want to take another run at loading this today. Thanks.

03-31-10 01:15 PM
    I tried to load this OS, using all the latest files (I think ha). When I went to load it using apploader it said that it couldn't continue because I was missing some email setup wizard files. I believe I copied all the hybid files, 55 total I believe. Anyone have a clue as to what I messed up? I want to take another run at loading this today. Thanks.

Do you have an 8330 and not an 8330m?
    03-31-10 03:21 PM
    Do you have an 8330 and not an 8330m?
    It's an 8330m for sure. Somehow I missed copying some of the hybrid files to the .186 OS. I have it loaded now and that's what happened....I missed 3 files when I tried last time.
    Last edited by FatSajak; 03-31-10 at 06:36 PM.
    03-31-10 03:29 PM
    Can anyone verify that this hybrid has the spell check feature in it? I updated my girlfriend's phone with a different hybrid a few months back...and she lost her spell check. She would really like it back and this looks to be a great hybrid - just need the spell check.

Thanks!
    04-01-10 11:38 PM
    Yes your about screen will always show the base OS but you do alt + shift + h it will show 4.6.305.

my screen shows 4.6.1.305 when I click alt + shift + h. Did I install correctly?
    04-02-10 11:10 AM
    What changes exactly should I see?
    04-02-10 11:12 AM
    Im trying to download everything I need to update my moms 8330m to the hybrid when I go visit. Can someone provide the most updated hybrid link or tell me what page of this thread its found on? Thanks
    Last edited by sweetlittlehugs; 04-04-10 at 04:15 PM.
    04-04-10 04:05 PM
    Can n e one tell me if the hybrid o.s. Will work on my 8330m with us cellular carrier? And could u help with some instructions and a link to download please? Thank you!!
    04-05-10 08:12 AM
    Just installed it; anyone else have MAJOR hourglass time for the first couple days?
    Memory seems same as before and stable, battery seems to last less long than usual, but I've only had it a few hours.

04-07-10 06:39 PM
    Makes it so you can't open music files or run jads/jars with file manager pro.

04-07-10 09:22 PM
    Can anyone verify that this hybrid has the spell check feature in it? I updated my girlfriend's phone with a different hybrid a few months back...and she lost her spell check. She would really like it back and this looks to be a great hybrid - just need the spell check.

Thanks!
    Yes it does.

Can n e one tell me if the hybrid o.s. Will work on my 8330m with us cellular carrier? And could u help with some instructions and a link to download please? Thank you!!
    Yes it works. Go to the first post. There is an overview there.

04-13-10 06:51 AM
    Thought i would bring this thread back to front and ask if anyone still running this Hybrid and having any problems? i wanna give it a shot see if i can get better performance from what i'm running now, chime away please, i've dloaded all the stuff just wanna see some feedbacks from others are saying if still running this before i give it shot.
    04-21-10 11:59 PM
    Thought i would bring this thread back to front and ask if anyone still running this Hybrid and having any problems? i wanna give it a shot see if i can get better performance from what i'm running now, chime away please, i've dloaded all the stuff just wanna see some feedbacks from others are saying if still running this before i give it shot.
    i ran it for awhile, then flashed to the original os because i had shrunk this os too much...haha.

anyways i'm back on it now. i haven't had any major issues with this os. the normal memory leak issues still apply, but being able to shrink the OS and have a slightly faster browser is worth it.
    04-22-10 11:07 AM
    Ok just installed this,

ALT-Shift-H gives me this info,

App Version 4.6.1.305
    free file 56973768bytes

under about v4.5.0.186

Does it seem right? i'll post later on see how it runs...

Reporting back, my Yahoo email icon wont change to the little yellow smiley face and the Y just uses the same icon for the theme im running, so i have 2 same icons for 2 different accounts, any suggestions? pulled batter 3 times, deleted yahoo account from BIS then re added it..
    Last edited by BerryCoolGuy; 04-22-10 at 10:04 PM.
    04-22-10 07:43 PM
    yup. those are right.
    not sure about your email.
    04-23-10 02:10 AM
    Does anyone know where I can download the hybrid files the link is not working.
    04-27-10 01:46 PM
    So i was finally able to download the files, but i decided i did not like it. I attempted to use BBSAK to wipe the device and reinstall the original OS. When i attempted to use BBSAK it informed me there was no device connected and i know the device is connected because i can access the memory card.
    04-28-10 12:06 AM
    i'm having issues getting this update..i think i'm too dumb to get this.
    05-04-10 09:25 PM
    i can't get this install on my phone.. i don't know what im doing wrong..
    05-06-10 11:32 PM
211 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD