I installed this last night, and it's great so far. Thanks for the hard work on this.

I did notice that a few apps were missing afterward (tasks, memo). Is that the way it should be, or did I bork something up?
    02-17-10 08:38 AM
    Has anyone ever done a hex comparison of the 8330 and 8330m radios from .175 to see just what the differences were?
    02-17-10 03:05 PM
    i was thinking of trying this, but what do you guys mean by "NO RADIO" ?
    02-18-10 09:26 PM
    i was thinking of trying this, but what do you guys mean by "NO RADIO" ?
    hAHA
    we meant we dont have a 5.0 radio

the 4.5 radio will be used and it works fine.
    it will be better so dont worry
    hah a
    02-19-10 11:33 AM
    Just chiming in again. Thanks for the OS, it's still working flawlessly.
    My device did restart on it's own one time while just sitting on my desk, but besides that, I have no issues to report after a few weeks of usage. =)
    02-21-10 05:33 PM
    i installed the os, but i think i royally screwed it over. i dont see klondike on my phone, and i didnt check it on Shrink-A-OS so im not quite sure what happened, or why klondike didnt show up, but also, S/MIME didnt show up either. im really not quite sure what happened. if i was supposed to click 'add 5.0 files' in Shrink-A-OS i disnt know that, so if anyone knows, plz inform me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 11:44 PM
    This hybrid isn't 5.0, if that's what you're thinking.

@sickboy, you might've shrunk them out.
    02-22-10 10:11 AM
    Any one with a metro pcs 8330m or an 8330m running o/S 4.50.127 before upgrading to this. Did you have streaming functions available while running 4.5 .0.127 ? If no did this o/s fix the problem?
    02-22-10 01:41 PM
    This hybrid isn't 5.0, if that's what you're thinking.

@sickboy, you might've shrunk them out.
    Nah, I forgot to check them off in the loader.
    Loaded it again and it works great.
    02-22-10 03:13 PM
    Any one with a metro pcs 8330m or an 8330m running o/S 4.50.127 before upgrading to this. Did you have streaming functions available while running 4.5 .0.127 ? If no did this o/s fix the problem?
    My girlfriend has metro and yes I had streaming problems, and no this hybnrid did not fix the problem. but it really did help overall smoothness and speed of the os, device functions, and browser speeds.
    02-23-10 12:40 AM
    Thanks for the info

02-23-10 07:32 AM
    I've been running the hybrid for a week and a half. I've seen overall improvement in everything except it randomly reset the other day when I went to pick up a call. It also has a memory leak before this hybrid I would stay in 45 mem now with this I have seen it dip to even 36 mem. Overall good update except for the memory leak I get now.

02-23-10 06:31 PM
    so i replaced all files in the java folder after "un-raring" them.... and went to app loader in the RIM folder... i browsed to where my java folder was and it said it couln't find anything. my bb bricked up and i restored it back to 4.5.... but i'm still tryin to upload this, i just can't seem to figure it out.

and i looked through the 3 links that were posted at the top. I couldn't find anyone to compare.
    02-23-10 09:01 PM
    just kiddin. i figure out what i was doing wrong. I had deleted my ENTIRE old OS system I see the change in my modules, but not reallt any change on my phone....

Another question... when i download themes and apps, can i download a different type now or still just 8330 4.5 themes?
    02-24-10 12:57 PM
    In Shrink-A-OS, if I clicked "Add 5.0 Files" what exactly would happen? Would I get sudoku and klondike and whatnot?

02-25-10 03:29 PM
    In Shrink-A-OS, if I clicked "Add 5.0 Files" what exactly would happen? Would I get sudoku and klondike and whatnot?

No you will just brick your berry.
    02-26-10 07:31 AM
    No you will just brick your berry.
    Would you be able to work on a new hybrid with the new base that came out from Sprint?
    02-26-10 07:38 AM
    Would you be able to work on a new hybrid with the new base that came out from Sprint?
    I will do that this weekend and I will update to the latest 5.0 files. Sorry I haven't been around much to answer questions or update I am really busy at work lately.
    02-26-10 08:23 PM
    I will do that this weekend and I will update to the latest 5.0 files. Sorry I haven't been around much to answer questions or update I am really busy at work lately.
    awesome
    lets see how this one goes!
    03-04-10 04:14 PM
    Sweetness!!
    03-08-10 09:23 AM
    Some good news regarding the updated hybrid; I will be doing final testing this evening after work and should everythnig go smooth I will release it tonight.
    03-09-10 05:06 AM
    Sweet! I just got a 8330m as a replacement from Sprint and was wishing it was a 8330 so I could put 5.0 on it. 5.0 on the M is great news indeed!
    03-09-10 12:59 PM
    Here is the latest release! Again usual caveats apply; I can only test the hybrid on my phone and I don't use all the options/programs on the phone so some things may be broken and I will do my best to fix those issues if found.

8330mV1.1.1.rar

To install:
    Download the latest OS for your phone

Copy over the files contained in the .rar to your Java folder

*See main post for a more detailed guide*
    Last edited by SFL772; 03-10-10 at 04:45 PM.
    03-09-10 07:53 PM
    If any one has luck with this hybrid referring to streaming functions up and running smooth please post it. I used to be into computer programing back in the days. And am a little familiar with it and am pretty sure that the basics still apply. Meaning if you could find the string responsible for enabling the streaming features it should work if properly incorperated into the old o/s. If my eyes where familiar with the programing used on bb o/s's I would look for the basic format of both o/s's and see the similarities and differences in the programing language. The newer o/s with extra added strings should be what is causing the difference in the way the bb operates. I wish I understood bb programing I think I could tackle this.

03-09-10 08:17 PM
    Thanks for releasing this. Everything went smoothly just like the original hybrid. i do have an issue. BBM does not show up as an icon i can run it as. It is installed according to the applications list and bbworld. i tried deleting it - i got more mb free - and reinstalling it - mb went down, restarted, reprovisioned, and it just does not show up. I also tried "show all" to see all the icons i've previously hid and it's not there.
    Problem resolved thanks to SFL722
    Last edited by nodrogkam; 03-10-10 at 05:22 PM.
    03-10-10 12:57 AM
211 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD