03-03-10 11:53 AM
770 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    ya - i guess i don't care so much about the wallpapers. I want the punctuality of the themes. I just use my pictures as my background - so im not a big wallpaper guy. But if you were never able to use those wallpapers before - thats awesome and hopefully its a sign to come for a future hybrid
    06-12-09 07:15 PM
    I just downloaded a wallpaper from the 8900 section on Crackberry, and it displays fine as a wallpaper. It doesn't look cropped at all.

Probably doesn't prove anything though, except that we can now use wallpapers meant for the 8900 now.
    We've been able to do that. right?

I just tried a bold one and it looks fine except there were gaps on the top and bottom.
    06-12-09 07:20 PM
    We've been able to do that. right?
    I don't know, I've never tried before.

I suppose as long as the aspect ratio (length to height) is proportionate, the image looks o.k.
    06-12-09 07:22 PM
    upgrade to this hybrid, but cannot get back bbmesenger or browser, try reloading from DM but find it.
    06-12-09 07:24 PM
    upgrade to this hybrid, but cannot get back bbmesenger or browser, try reloading from DM but find it.
    Reregister your Host Routing Table to get your Browser back. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table, Enter > Menu > Register Now.

You may need to connect to DM and application loader to get BBM back.
    06-12-09 07:28 PM
    how do i get back bbm and browser plz help.
    06-12-09 07:29 PM
    how do i get back bbm and browser plz help.
    See post #205. Calm down.
    06-12-09 07:31 PM
    thanks ill try it.
    06-12-09 07:33 PM
    Anyone else having a problem changing the MMS ringtone options under the Normal Profile? I go to click on MMS, and nothing happens. I can change the ringtone options without issue under every other profile, but I can't get to the MMS options screen when trying to access through the advanced options of the Normal Profile.
    Not a huge deal; just something I'd like to rectify, if possible.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    I am not having this issue.

To add some more observations...I still think this OS runs faster than anything else I've had and I'm happy with browsing speeds. Signal is steady and no complaints. I'm still not sure about the battery, and I am concerned. I had dropped 10% in about an hour, facebook, internet (surfing HERE of course), bbm. That seemed like a lot, but admittedly I don't remember checking it before starting. Would love to hear some others' take on battery.

Sometimes upon trying to wake I get the screen delay when pressing the trackball, but very intermittently. I wish I understood the cause of that...my friend's bb has it every single time he tries to wake his using trackball. I also seem to have menu delay sometimes when pressing the bb key (I have Dimension L theme so use that to get to all the icons). But again, not all the time. Neither of these delays is happening enough to change my mind about this OS. I'm still very happy. I have so many third party apps it's crazy, so I'm willing to chalk some of the hiccups to that (I also have Viigo, though that's the only one I ever let run in the background...Facebook gets shut down as soon as I'm done with what I'm doing).

several people are posting being happy (or unhappy for those having issues...and those seem to be specific things), but for those of you that are pleased, what observations are you making? What do you think improved? Did anything change to the negative, even though it might not be a deal breaker?
    Last edited by French; 06-12-09 at 08:37 PM.
    06-12-09 08:29 PM
    Works good here been playing for about a hour and it is faster, and I have the video prob but not a deal breaker. I will post back on the batt useage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 08:49 PM
    So I decided to experiment - I installed the .138 8330m software. Then copied the CDMA folder somewhere else, extracted the 8330 hybrid into the .138 8330m software. THen reloaded CDMA file from .138 8330m software. Wiped and reloaded blackberry - Now operating system says 4.6.0.267. I'm not sure what this got me, or even if it makes anything better - but its legit to see 4.6 on my 8330m.
    Did you load the 8330 or 8330m hybrid files from the first post ???
    06-12-09 08:56 PM
    i cant for the life of me get this to load...
    im sure im just overlooking something stupid.

Installed OS
    downloaded, extracted and replaced files as shown in tutorial, turned off modem, (DM 4.7) and tried to install using apploader

so, am I actually re-installing .160 with different files?

forgive me, its been a beta blonde day
    06-12-09 09:02 PM
    I finally got this working ~! ty
    06-12-09 10:28 PM
    oh im really liking this
    06-12-09 10:36 PM
    Did you load the 8330 or 8330m hybrid files from the first post ???
    I added the 8330 files from the first post.
    06-12-09 11:38 PM
    I cannot get this damn thing to work

06-12-09 11:40 PM
    I cannot get this damn thing to work

whats the problem?
    06-12-09 11:40 PM
    I have .160 os on my phone. Dled the hyb rid files. Copied over to the .160 folders. Updated and nothin happened. And I use dm 4.7 not connected to internet

06-12-09 11:42 PM
    I have .160 os on my phone. Dled the hyb rid files. Copied over to the .160 folders. Updated and nothin happened. And I use dm 4.7 not connected to internet

have you deleted the vendor file?

If so and it's still not working, then wipe with jl cmder.

I always wipe before upgrading anyway.
    06-12-09 11:47 PM
    I deleted vendor. Ill try the jl cmdr when I get home

06-12-09 11:49 PM
    have you deleted the vendor file?

If so and it's still not working, then wipe with jl cmder.

I always wipe before upgrading anyway.

how do you wipe the jl cmdr?
    06-13-09 01:27 AM
    how do you wipe the jl cmdr?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...light=jl+cmder
    06-13-09 01:30 AM
    Is there anything else I can do? I want to try more 4.6/4.7/5.0 files. but im unsure how to start.

Any ideas? I'm so bored tonight and want to fiddle with my phone.
    06-13-09 01:44 AM
    i'm trying to get it working... for some reason i got an error about the input system so i battery pulled it.... gonna keep trying... didn't get any sleep last night fighting with DM and my bb... f***in big red
    06-13-09 04:47 AM
    I added the 8330 files from the first post.
    Thanks for the reply. I thought I tried this the other night, but maybe it was .131 that I loaded the 8330 hybrid files into. Gonna give it another shot. Thanks for trying this on your 8330m !!
    06-13-09 08:14 AM
770 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD