The music over BT has been a known issue and I am unaware if there is a fix or not (I don't think so)

However, there was an issue with MMS from the early versions..but, a .cod-switch fixed that right up.

Birdman would know..if there is in fact a problem, was the mms fix not included in the v5 batch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 10:42 AM
    tried to upgrade my gfs phone but application loader wizard is telling me :"the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device softwarefor the device that you have connected to the computer. contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"
    desktop manager doesnt detect the phone but bbsak did when i wiped it and now i cant load any os on it (4.5 or 5.0)
    someone please tell me how to fix this pin me 30e19e29 or email me at [email protected]
    Somehow I came across this as well..go into your control panel..uninstall any version of BB device software that you may have on the comp..restart the computer..then, reinstall the 5.0.0.230 to the comp..then, follow standard procedure for installing the hybrid files, etc.

That should work, but try to post back and let me know if that did it for you.

Last edited by RHP23; 11-09-09 at 10:52 AM.
    11-09-09 10:47 AM
    Yes BT has always been an issue, I have been back and forth between 4.5 and 5.0 everytime there is a new build I give it a try.

I also thought the mms was fixed, although I didn't try it on v4. I guess I will mess with it a little more when I get home. If I can get mms to work I may live with no BT for the time being

I have been using the reverieW theme and do not have the issue with slowness when changing ringtones. Also when you updated did you restore your entire backup? I have noticed that os 5 doesn't like 4.5 backups, I will usually only restore my contacts

11-09-09 10:57 AM
    This thread is getting very long so I am not sure you will notice this small one but:

Running 5.0.0.344 V5 from Nathanix on Curve 8330.
    Alt-Shift-H shows 344.

This is my third download and install of 5.0.0.344 v5 - each worked fine but then I found something else I wanted to do.

On the last install, the browser shows only the white screen. BOLT works fine and any application that uses the built in browser seems to be OK. BUT when you start it up from an icon, all you get is white. The Blackberry logo shows up. If you hit the menu button, all the options are there. If you do a go to..., the screen is white. The browser has worked fine until this last install.

I read some posts and have reloaded, including (I think) the default fonts. No change.

Have done a device reset also.

Any help?

Thanks
    11-09-09 11:47 AM
    For those with MMS issues, look back to posts earlier in the thread..there's an mms-fix where you have to roll back a specific .cod - can't hurt to try it.

(Although I highly doubt birdman wouldve put this out with the faulty .cod in there)

11-09-09 12:27 PM
    my mms works great...
    11-09-09 01:04 PM
    my mms works fine too. I believe the mms problem is specific to us cellular.
    11-09-09 01:37 PM
    Im crazy excited to install this OS...I will be going from 4.5.077(101) so this is going to be a huge change. First OS install as well, but Im not too worried about it..The amount information in these threads lends me to believe i'll be able to conquer any of the problems I may or may not see....

thanks for all the work guys..you make it easy for people like me
    11-09-09 01:45 PM
    Must be an issue with uscellular. I don't have any signs of mms messages, there is no menu option for it and is not even in the options list. I has someone send me one but never received it. I will try a little more tonight, but imagine I will be switching back to 4.5 yet again. It is a shame becuase I absolutely love everything about 5.0 other than the two issues I have

11-09-09 01:46 PM
    This thread is getting very long so I am not sure you will notice this small one but:

Alt-Shift-H shows 344.

This is my third download and install of 5.0.0.344 v5 - each worked fine but then I found something else I wanted to do.

On the last install, the browser shows only the white screen. BOLT works fine and any application that uses the built in browser seems to be OK. BUT when you start it up from an icon, all you get is white. The Blackberry logo shows up. If you hit the menu button, all the options are there. If you do a go to..., the screen is white. The browser has worked fine until this last install.

I read some posts and have reloaded, including (I think) the default fonts. No change.

Any help?

Thanks
    That might be enough to get me to stick with v3 and not go to v5
    11-09-09 02:01 PM
    my mms works great...
    Hey can I download the DM and the new OS to my thumb driver to download on my computer being that I'm not on mine? I thought about it and I think its possible but don't know exactly..... Any info would be helpful!!!!!!!!!

11-09-09 02:14 PM

Alt-Shift-H shows 344.

Any help?

Thanks
    make sure the latin font cod is on your blackberry

that controls encoding with the browser - sadly its a 1.9 mb file that we cant get rid of
    11-09-09 02:22 PM
    my mms works great...
    i figured as much, lol.
    11-09-09 02:24 PM
    Hey can I download the DM and the new OS to my thumb driver to download on my computer being that I'm not on mine? I thought about it and I think its possible but don't know exactly..... Any info would be helpful!!!!!!!!!

You sure can, I do it all the time since my work connection is faster than my home. Just drop the thumb drive back into your home PC and copy the file.
    11-09-09 02:27 PM
    my mms works great...
    MMS works great and no browser issues as well.
    11-09-09 02:28 PM
    You sure can, I do it all the time since my work connection is faster than my home. Just drop the thumb drive back into your home PC and copy the file.
    Hey thanks for the info thumper !!!!!! Got get busy and load the files for later!!!!!!! Again thanks

11-09-09 02:32 PM
    Must be an issue with uscellular. I don't have any signs of mms messages, there is no menu option for it and is not even in the options list. I has someone send me one but never received it. I will try a little more tonight, but imagine I will be switching back to 4.5 yet again. It is a shame becuase I absolutely love everything about 5.0 other than the two issues I have

The problem is that USSC doesn't have service books for mms for OS 5.0.
    11-09-09 03:16 PM
    just loaded v5..restoring everything..then ill resend service books, re-register HRT, etc..will probably post back in a few hours (fingers crossed for now).
    11-09-09 03:35 PM
    That's more or less what I figured... Oh well. I never sent too many MMS messages anyway, so it's no big loss since I can still email pics.
    11-09-09 03:39 PM
    stupidity..

i am dl'ing the .230 os now..i am familiar with backups and installing new OS's onto the 8330..however, when i dl'ed the link in the original post - i ended up with a .rar file..what exactly am i to do with that?
    Winrar is a free app that will unzip the files for you the files for you. rar is just another form of file comprerssion

You can google the program i could not place the link here for you do to my low post rate
    11-09-09 03:47 PM
    I know that we have established that 5.0 doesn't like 4.5 settings; however, if I've been running 5.0 (v3 -> v4 -> v5), would it be ok to restore settings upon loading v5 or is it best to play it safe and re-do bookmarks, settings, etc?
    11-09-09 03:53 PM
    Winrar is a free app that will unzip the files for you the files for you. rar is just another form of file comprerssion

You can google the program i could not place the link here for you do to my low post rate
    thanks..but since that post, ive gotten far past that haha..i had a mild case of 'post before i take two seconds to look' and lost my mind for a minute, lol.
    11-09-09 04:02 PM
    Ok. Bit of a problem here. Maybe you guys can help. Whenever I start my media player and have my headphones plugged in, the player plays the first song, and I can hear it, but then when that one ends and it goes to the next, all I get is silence. The scroll still ticks away, showing that the song is playing but no sound. If I skip back twice the audio seems to work again, but it will never play a whole playlist with the headphones in. Without the headphones it works fine, but I need the phones!!! Anyone else have a similar problem?
    11-09-09 06:03 PM
    and probably won't (at least, not for the 8330 5.0 os). just talked to uscc's data & tech services and the lady i got made it sound like uscc likely wasn't going to pursue an official 5.0 os for the 8330. now my only decision is to upgrade to the tour now or wait until the 8530 drops...
    11-09-09 06:17 PM
    hey guyz i had updated to 3.1 a bit back, and ju noticed today that I do not have bbmaps, or my notes, is there anyway to get this back please and thanx !
    11-09-09 06:38 PM
1,219 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD