What are the differences from v3 to v5?!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 04:13 PM
    I get rid of them by removing them from the java folder.
    is there anyway to remove them after it is installed?
    11-08-09 04:47 PM
    is there anyway to remove them after it is installed?
    You would have to use BBSAK to remove the .cod files.

11-08-09 04:55 PM
    You would have to use BBSAK to remove the .cod files.

Thank you!
    11-08-09 05:29 PM
    For some dumb reason, every time I used BBSAK to remove those themes, even if I selected all of them, it would only remove one. So I had to reboot like 4 times just to get the themes off...
    11-08-09 05:34 PM
    Yeah one at a time is all you can do… the newer version was supposed to correct that but mine does not work...
    11-08-09 05:56 PM
    just installed v5. got the long *** loading bar now. will update once i have it running for a while.
    11-08-09 06:56 PM
    Can someone just post the group barcode please? I have been trying to get back in for two days now with no luck.
    11-08-09 07:37 PM
    Hey,
    I just wanted to say thanks to Johnathan (sorry I lost you Thursday night), Birdman, Justin and everyone else. V4 was smooth, but my speaker went (something to do with gravity and concrete). One thing led to another and I got my Storm (1) on Friday. So, no more 8330 hybrids for me. You guys are all really great though.

BTW, if anyone wants a quiet but functioning VZW 8330 w/ some accessories for a good price, let me know.
    PIN 30C554EE

FP (Rob)
    11-08-09 07:59 PM
    You don't have to wipe, it will work either way but just might work smoother if you wipe. I tried just replacing the files lastnight and somehow bricked my phone so it ended up taking way longer than I wanted, so I would just go ahead and wipe and do everything the right way.
    Apploader asks a question about backing everything up and reloading if I'm wiping which choice do I select (yes I want apploader to or no ill do it manually) or does it not even give me this option?

11-08-09 09:45 PM
    Apploader asks a question about backing everything up and reloading if I'm wiping which choice do I select (yes I want apploader to or no ill do it manually) or does it not even give me this option?

You should do your own back up using desktop manager just to be safe before hand but then just let apploader do the backup and restore. If apploader has issues you can just use the backup you created with DM to fix the problem. Its just nice to have your own backup just in case.
    11-08-09 10:50 PM
    just loaded .344....insane! i had issues with v4 as the media player had a problem playing songs in a row, i needed to select each one...annoying. you guys are dangerous to blackberry!!! you are gonna get this ****!
    11-08-09 11:39 PM
    oh yea...that post meant that there are no more issues with the media player... never again 4.5
    11-08-09 11:39 PM
    tried to upgrade my gfs phone but application loader wizard is telling me :"the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device softwarefor the device that you have connected to the computer. contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"
    desktop manager doesnt detect the phone but bbsak did when i wiped it and now i cant load any os on it (4.5 or 5.0)
    someone please tell me how to fix this pin me 30e19e29 or email me at [email protected]
    11-09-09 01:44 AM
    just loaded .344....insane! i had issues with v4 as the media player had a problem playing songs in a row, i needed to select each one...annoying. you guys are dangerous to blackberry!!! you are gonna get this ****!
    oh yea...that post meant that there are no more issues with the media player... never again 4.5
    This is too funny!!
    11-09-09 05:34 AM
    v5 is going smooth. as mentioned above, the media player issue is gone which is amazing. i was about to just whip out my zune and use it but not now.
    11-09-09 06:27 AM
    Is there a way to get the current synopsis of this os version? My eyes hurt from going through all the posts..lol. And between what was working, and what is working, it gets a bit bogged down.

Anyway of getting where this is in total? What works? What doesn't work? Memory Leak problems, etc? Thanks, I appreciate it, and would be a great to get a run down like this as each build and fix comes out.

This is awesome, you guys are great!
    11-09-09 08:08 AM
    Working great very fast browser no more 4.5 here either. Thanks for all the hard work.

11-09-09 08:13 AM
    Working great very fast browser no more 4.5 here either. Thanks for all the hard work.

Had .230 on my Tour, now im back to the 8330, and I missed 5.0. Great op system. Worked and looked terrific.

Do i have to have 8330 5.0 themes if i upgrade to this, or can i use any 8330 theme. Also, i read something about using SOME 8530 themes?

Thanks
    11-09-09 08:18 AM
    V5 is running great and is as fast as ever. I only have two issues, first is I am unable to send mms messages and next bluetooth does not work with music.

11-09-09 09:25 AM
    I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I installed this hybrid (as well as others previously) and when I go to set my ringtones for phone, sms, email etc.....trying to scroll through the ringtones under profiles is like pulling teeth. Suppppper slow, and skips around. It isn't the trackball or sensitivity as it is only this slow when scrolling through ringtones. Is this a known issue? Any fixes? Thanks in advance!!
    11-09-09 09:38 AM
    I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I installed this hybrid (as well as others previously) and when I go to set my ringtones for phone, sms, email etc.....trying to scroll through the ringtones under profiles is like pulling teeth. Suppppper slow, and skips around. It isn't the trackball or sensitivity as it is only this slow when scrolling through ringtones. Is this a known issue? Any fixes? Thanks in advance!!
    I've had that problem since installing the original .230 build. It only is in the ringtones that I've noticed it.
    11-09-09 10:05 AM
    I noticed a few VZW users havaing the chirp issue with V4. Have any of you noticed this fixed in V5? I am planning on installing this evening. Thanks!
    11-09-09 10:17 AM
    I do not have this issue, have you tried other themes?

11-09-09 10:26 AM
    Hi,
    I tried it with a default theme when I originally installed .230, and had the same problem It bugged me, so I went back to 4.5.170. I installed the hybrid 5.0, used a default them (different than the first install) and am still having the problems. Like the previous post said, you only see the lag when setting ringtones in your profile. Thanks for the input!!

Erik
    11-09-09 10:39 AM
1,219 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD