Awwright, just installed 7.15 on my Tour. Running beautifully. I even got GPS Nav working (the Bell app). And there's no more lag when I'm typing out texts *knock on wood*

Question: is there any advantage to installing the .191 radio?

If you're running Sprint let us know if ur getting provisional pop ups...
    01-03-10 07:47 PM
    Awwright, just installed 7.15 on my Tour. Running beautifully. I even got GPS Nav working (the Bell app). And there's no more lag when I'm typing out texts *knock on wood*

Question: is there any advantage to installing the .191 radio?
    Seems like it is dependent on location, but most users report that .191 gives them a more stable signal, yet sometimes not as strong.
    01-03-10 07:55 PM
    Seems like it is dependent on location, but most users report that .191 gives them a more stable signal, yet sometimes not as strong.
    i tried switching to the .191 radio but everytime i tried it bricked my phone (reset loop).
    I was doing it the "foolproof" way (copying and pasting the folder) and i finally gave up (after 3 tries).
    If it aint broke dont fix it- or it will become broke
    The difference in signal quality (if there even is one) is not worth the bother IMHO
    01-03-10 08:13 PM
    .191 wouldnt go onto my girlfriends tour at all. I bricked it a few times and gave up. Some just won't take .191
    01-03-10 10:14 PM
    I haven't tried the .230 radio, but the .191 radio is a definite improvement over what I had when OS 4.7 was on my phone.
    01-03-10 10:27 PM
    I don't know if this has been discussed before but when i go to my contacts and click to SMS someone the SMS screen will pop up but i cant type anything i would have to exit out of it and enter through the SMS icon and open up that person chat window then i could type

am i making any since ?

just wanna know if anyone is having the same issue ?
    01-04-10 03:07 AM
    Keep in mind this is a simplistic explanation, but I figured that'd be better than getting too technical.

When you are running just the .230 OS, all of the RIM cod's (modules) are of the .230 variety. Since you are running the 7.15 hybrid, you have many other modules mixed in replacing the .230 ones. The majority of them should be .428, but you might see older ones from .4xx and .3xx leaks. These modules are typically NOT device specific and hence they can be taken from other leaks and put into a hybrid "creation" and used on other devices other than the one it was leaked for.

By utilizing the best files from multiple leaks, the hybrid creator hopes to make a faster, smoother user experience while sometimes adding additional functionality that may not be available otherwise. For example, sometimes themes and fonts change.

Unfortunately the radio files ARE device specific hence why us 9630 users are stuck with the .230, .191, etc radios.

Hope this helps.
    Perfect. Thanks for the info.

A.
    01-04-10 03:22 AM
    I don't know if this has been discussed before but when i go to my contacts and click to SMS someone the SMS screen will pop up but i cant type anything i would have to exit out of it and enter through the SMS icon and open up that person chat window then i could type

am i making any since ?

just wanna know if anyone is having the same issue ?
    yea thats a known bug that still exist...i have the same thing happen to me time to time.
    01-04-10 03:45 AM
    If you're running Sprint let us know if ur getting provisional pop ups...
    I am still getting the provisioning popups and I am running Sprint. I didnt restore the service books and I still get them. Any solutions that I have overlooked?
    01-04-10 07:44 AM
    I have been running 7.14 for a couple of weeks now. Can 7.15 just install overtop or do I have to wipe the phone first?

I have just tried to install over top and I t is giving me an error that I don't have enough room for my selections!!! I really don't have many apps so what is happening, am i doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    01-04-10 09:30 AM
    didnt know this thread existed .. moving another one of my posts here

i have been running .230 with hybrid 7.15 and it is pretty solid but def has its bugs

things i noticed:
    *Sometimes after a call u get the message of updating PRL .. and it just keeps saying that.. if u click cancel .. it never cancels and locks up your phone ... u have to perform a battery pull ... i am not sure if this follows to other hybrids but i was thinking of trying 7.14 .. is anyone having better luck with another hybrid or is trying another radio the way to go??
    * when playing music .. after the first song.. the 2nd song plays but there is no sound... u have to pause then play it and then it will run smooth for the next songs
    * SMS as a whole is buggy ... issues are intermittent
    Sometimes the new SMS icon doesnt go away .... being that u didnt sit on a message long enough for it to go away. SO trying to search for that message is impossible. Hitting U doesnt help.
    Cannot launch a SMS from contacts ... go to address book,pick contact .. menu buttons .. send sms .. brings u to a window that has no area to type
    * Recently when i turn on phone i get message :USB charging current is not suffiecient... etc ...
    I can press back to remove and it goes away ... but there is no charger connected to device... i will have to stick charger in and out a few times and battery pull ...
    * sometimes the phone freezes for a few secs even when the data arrors are not moving...

Those are detailed things i have noticed on my tour with 5.0.0.230 7.15
    Might have to try 7.14 with .230

The official will def be great when that gets released but i dont see that coming until the tour 2 is launched first

Just makes the tour2 look more attractive ... new OS 5.0, WiFI and trackpad ...
    01-04-10 10:38 AM
    Okay installed 7.15 over .230 with the .191 radio and got a white screen with my "owner information". she would not navigate anywhere, any ideas?
    A

BTW I am on Sprint and noticed the Shrink-A-OS has VZ stuff on it, no Sprint, is there a different version?
    01-04-10 12:40 PM
    since i went to 7.15 from 7.14 the red led doesn't blink when i get emails (from rim's push service).
    I keep it on "vibrate only" but when i got emails it never vibrated, just blinked the led
    EDIT: Never mind, it started working again, weird
    Last edited by ztide; 01-04-10 at 03:42 PM.
    01-04-10 01:27 PM
    I'm not sure which hybrid had this bug but when I first installed 7.15 over 7.14 I had a lot of phantom text messages pop up in my sms folder. it would give a number but not contain a message when I clicked on it. I went to upgrade to .419 earlier tonight and when I restored the data to my phone I noticed that the backup didn't pick up all of my messages. All of the messages I received weren't there, only the ones I had sent. I had to go back to a backup I had when I had 7.12 installed on my tour. I'm not too happy about this, but I'll live. either way, I'm on .419 now and will try out and see if sms acts goofy or not.
    01-04-10 11:57 PM
164 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD