Can this be installed over 7.12? I tried and I don't think it updated anything
    I couldn't install it over v.12. I did a full wipe first too, but after installing v.14, then launching the loader from shrinkmyOS, the loader doesn't recognize anything different so no changes are made.

EDIT: Nevermind, I am an *****. I needed to reinstall DM after adding BES, and I mistakently removed OS 5.0 instead of DM 5.0. Talk about stupid! lol

Edit again...wow, I am blocked from calling myself an i d i o t?
    Last edited by anthromatt; 12-15-09 at 06:39 PM.
    12-15-09 06:30 PM
    Thank you for this!! I have been looking for awhile and most of the links have been taken down, except this one!
    12-15-09 06:49 PM
    Thank you for this!! I have been looking for awhile and most of the links have been taken down, except this one!
    yeah man most of the links ppl have on the forums be down but if you go to sites like bbleaks.com and bbhyrbids.net, you can most likely always find a good link!
    12-15-09 07:40 PM
    Anyone having blue tooth issues with the new Hybrid .14, I am unable to use my Moto S9 set to make calls or talk while I am on the phone, I can use it to listen to music and that is it. I was wondering if it is a OS 5.0 issue, or a .14 issue, I did not try it with .12 when I had it on my Blackberry for a week or so. If there is a fix please let me know.
    Did you leave your bluetooth profile when you did the upgrade? I had similar issues and could not even delete the profiles in 5.0 I had to downgrade to 4.7 delete the profile then reload 5.0 and 7.12 then add back my bluetooth devices. Hope this helps
    12-15-09 07:42 PM
    FYI I had problems sending text messages today. Full bars capital 1XEV I could surf the net, make and recieve calls and send and recieve emails but text messaging was DOA. Took three battery pulls to get it to sort out. Happened during a time when I needed to get a message to my son when he was in class and I could not call him . Very frustrating, if it happens again I will reluctantly go back to 4.7
    12-15-09 07:47 PM
    Did you leave your bluetooth profile when you did the upgrade? I had similar issues and could not even delete the profiles in 5.0 I had to downgrade to 4.7 delete the profile then reload 5.0 and 7.12 then add back my bluetooth devices. Hope this helps

As stoneworrier notes, its best to delete all your bluetooth profiles before upgrading to any of the 5.x operating systems the first time. That said, there is a trick to get rid of the bluetooth profiles that remained, and are now inoperative. Highlight the offending profile, and then press the Berry key repeatedly. It may take some time, but eventually the menu will come up, and you can then delete the profile.

Immediately do a reboot. I found that sometimes you can delete one of these 4.x bluetooth profiles, and it reappears! Once you do a reboot, its gone for good. Then re-pair the devices and you're good to go.
    12-15-09 08:09 PM
    Anyone got a working link for Tour v5.0.0.191? The Megaupload and Rapidshare links appear to be removed. Actually all I need is the radio files, not the whole thing, but will take it either way.
    12-15-09 08:54 PM
    12-15-09 09:03 PM
    help!

Everytime i get an incoming call on my Tour, talk on the phone, hang up, IT UPDATES THE PREFERRED LIST AND FREEZES THE PHONE.

this happens everytime i receive a call.

anyone have the same thing happen to them? or know a fix?
    12-15-09 09:51 PM
    i know i'm late to the party, but i finally had a chance to install 7.14 and it is soo much faster/smoother than 7.12. although 7.11 was good too - i think 7.12-7.13 were just bad builds.
    12-16-09 02:25 AM
    help!

Everytime i get an incoming call on my Tour, talk on the phone, hang up, IT UPDATES THE PREFERRED LIST AND FREEZES THE PHONE.

this happens everytime i receive a call.

anyone have the same thing happen to them? or know a fix?
    I'm not on Sprint, so I can't confirm, but I believe a workaround to this issue is that when you first boot the phone up you need to manually update the PRL yourself. This should stop the phone from trying to do it every time you end a call. You need to do this every time you boot up.
    12-16-09 07:18 AM
    Thanks everyone for the help. I think I am now running 7.14...Alth-Shift-H shows 5.0.0.405(645). Is this right? is this 7.14?

Still gotta checkout all the services. Did 2 battery pulls so far doing 1 more right now.

FW
    12-16-09 08:50 AM
    Thanks everyone for the help. I think I am now running 7.14...Alth-Shift-H shows 5.0.0.405(645). Is this right? is this 7.14?

Still gotta checkout all the services. Did 2 battery pulls so far doing 1 more right now.

FW
    Congrats FW, you installed successfully!
    12-16-09 08:58 AM
    Woo hoo!!!!
    12-16-09 09:00 AM
    Oops, I don't have a browser... what did I do wrong?
    12-16-09 09:27 AM
    thats pretty good battery life, I can make it through a day but i can not dare try to make it through 2 days!
    I actually don't talk too much on my phone. it's all mostly bbm, txt msg's, facebook, emails, weather and crackberry. it'd be strange if I got more than 2 calls on any weekday. so maybe that's why I can get so much out of my battery?
    12-16-09 09:33 AM
    Oops, I don't have a browser... what did I do wrong?
    If you go to Options-->Advanced Options-->Host routing table-->Menu-->register now it should bring your browser Icon back.

Also could come back on a battery pull.
    12-16-09 09:36 AM
    If you go to Options-->Advanced Options-->Host routing table-->Menu-->register now it should bring your browser Icon back.

Also could come back on a battery pull.
    You got it, thanks!
    12-16-09 09:56 AM
    7.14 has been running like a dream on my Tour.

just one thing, how the HECK do you get rid of/avoid that stupid Provisioning status screen? It never completes, and when you hit Cancel, it doesn't fully cancel. I always have to do a battery pull.

Any ideas?
    12-16-09 10:32 AM
    I actually don't talk too much on my phone. it's all mostly bbm, txt msg's, facebook, emails, weather and crackberry. it'd be strange if I got more than 2 calls on any weekday. so maybe that's why I can get so much out of my battery?
    lollll so true, how sad is that. Nobody calls anybody anymore. I get calls from my mom only for the most part
    12-16-09 10:34 AM
    7.14 has been running like a dream on my Tour.

just one thing, how the HECK do you get rid of/avoid that stupid Provisioning status screen? It never completes, and when you hit Cancel, it doesn't fully cancel. I always have to do a battery pull.

Any ideas?
    Can't confirm this because I'm not on Sprint but if you manually force a PRL update every time you boot your phone up then I believe it will not try to automatically. Give it a try. Some other Sprint user told me this fixed it for him.
    12-16-09 10:43 AM
    ima try that out.
    12-16-09 12:11 PM
    lollll so true, how sad is that. Nobody calls anybody anymore. I get calls from my mom only for the most part
    ditto 10char
    12-16-09 01:24 PM
    I never had an issue with the .230 radio either. I just installed 7.14 and switched to the .191 radio. Quickly reinstalled the .230 radio because its much more stable than 191 for my tour. So far .714 is quicker and more stable than .712. I will update on battery life later. So far I'm happy with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    do u use your tour in GSM or CDMA ?
    12-16-09 07:50 PM
    The same thing that improved from 7.10 to 7.11 and 7.11 to 7.12 etc etc.... Newer modules from the other leaks. It doesn't necessarily "fix" anything but it gives you a taste of what some of the other devices are experiencing with the higher leaks. More than likely it adds some speed and stability because thats what the higher builds are aimed at doing. You may not notice anything other than a different text here or an added option to a menu there. I would be willing to bet that many of the changes are "under the skin" of the OS and not directly measurable or noticeable.

Cheers.
    i upgraded to v7.13 the other day from v7.12 and for some reason i felt like the newer version was actually more unstable and had more fluctuations with the radio. did that happen with other people too or was it just me? i installed v7.13 over v7.12 without doing a wipe.
    12-16-09 09:11 PM
123 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD