04-07-12 09:22 AM
105 1234 ...
tools
    Right - RIM doesn't want people installing leaks because a lot of leaks don't get published because of bugs. RIM doesn't want to deal with people saying "my BlackBerry battery only lasts 3 hours!" when the reason it's only lasting 3 hours is that they're running an early leak of OS7.1.
    Also, my understanding of the VIP hybrid sites is that leakers would give them access to .cods because you can't identify the leaker solely based on .cods (and let's face it, who would want to lose a job beta testing RIM's OSes and phones?).
    Leaks would be pretty hard to trace back to.

Remember, carriers need to test the new os before they release them. So a leak can come from a myriad of carriers from around the world.
    03-10-12 09:46 PM
    You wonder why RIM would want to plug beta leaks. I think we make the greatest free beta testers around. We are an plethora of feedback...

+ 1 ... absolutely ...
    03-11-12 03:27 PM
    You wonder why RIM would want to plug beta leaks. I think we make the greatest free beta testers around. We are an plethora of feedback...
    No, not even close.

I would say roughly 80%+ of this so called Feedback I see from people who have issues with beta leaks, is of absolute poor quality where RIM will personally say... so what.

I have never seen a step by step guide to a bug found, nor have I seen consistent graphs and explanations or ,in fact, any true data analysis from people who give this so called feedback. Most of this "feedback" has been people moaning about some feature on their phone not working correctly, in MINIMAL detail.

But, this shall change.

Watch this space, so to speak. Because the next leaks are going to be better than ever.

This post is not a dig at anyone personally, or collectively. Just a correction of misinformation.
    03-11-12 05:22 PM
    Sounds like something is about to leak
    03-11-12 06:22 PM
    I can only hope lol
    03-11-12 09:44 PM
    ALKi3 has spoken.
    03-11-12 09:47 PM
    New ones should have the pattern lock integrated hopefully

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    03-11-12 09:53 PM
    Watch this space, so to speak. Because the next leaks are going to be better than ever.

[/SIZE][/I]
    And coming soon ???
    03-12-12 03:54 AM

This post is not a dig at anyone personally, or collectively. Just a correction of misinformation.

That is very encouraging ... Hope we get something this week -
    03-12-12 08:38 AM
    now I'm getting excited. new os!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 08:47 AM

2 Questions :

( 1 ) Pls care to expand on pattern lock

( 2 ) I see your post is marked "sent from my blackberry 10 device". Now Howz dat possible ?
    03-12-12 08:48 AM
    2 Questions :

( 1 ) Pls care to expand on pattern lock

( 2 ) I see your post is marked "sent from my blackberry 10 device". Now Howz dat possible ?

Didn't you read on the main page that rim has got The patent to the pattern lock screen... And its currently being tested in 7.1 Os... Here's the link
    http://crackberry.com/rim-awarded-patent-pattern-tap-unlock-actively-testing-blackberry-71-devices

Cannot divulge into the bb10 phone at the moment I'm sorry...

Last edited by mervinking; 03-12-12 at 10:42 AM.
    03-12-12 10:38 AM
    awesome news.

03-12-12 12:29 PM
    awesome news.

I see you've got hold of one aswell

03-12-12 12:38 PM
    Can't wait for something new to leak!!!

03-12-12 12:50 PM
    I see you've got hold of one aswell Click to view quoted image

Or edited the default message in the 9900 !!! (joking and jealous)
    03-12-12 12:51 PM
    Yep looking forward to the new 7.1

Sent from my Blackberry 10 device.
    03-12-12 01:02 PM
    Great!! Waiting for the leaks

03-12-12 02:25 PM

I don't think so... by looking at the history of RIM, it will be 2050 when we first see the tap to unlock integrated as core password.
    03-12-12 03:37 PM
    I don't think so... by looking at the history of RIM, it will be 2050 when we first see the tap to unlock integrated as core password.
    Hahahahahaha..... Yeah well hopefully you're wrong...
    03-12-12 04:06 PM
    I just wish ATT would finally release the official 7.1 upgrade. Too many issues with the leaked versions. I'm still on 7.0 (1355) because it has zero problems and is vertually (no pun intended) no headaches with battery issues or downloads, etc. Why fix something if it isn't broken (coming from a "I got to have the newest and best now!) person.
    03-12-12 04:35 PM
    I have never seen a step by step guide to a bug found, nor have I seen consistent graphs and explanations or ,in fact, any true data analysis from people who give this so called feedback. Most of this "feedback" has been people moaning about some feature on their phone not working correctly, in MINIMAL detail.
    You are correct about bug tracking and reporting. Perhaps BB should have a system like lauchpad for Linux users. Betazone is ok, but could be better.

Good point thanks.
    03-12-12 04:43 PM
    You are correct about bug tracking and reporting. Perhaps BB should have a system like lauchpad for Linux users. Betazone is ok, but could be better.

Good point thanks.
    Yes may be RIM should have the people who registered with their Beta programs like us get access to special pre-leased OS versions with may be with the option of auto feedback. For example, with FireFox web browser you can choose to (don't have to) send your user data error reports. Which help them fix any bugs.
    03-12-12 04:53 PM
    RIM more or less gets free feedback from just looking at the cb forums... Members have all different bb handsets on here means all Os versions are used and feedback is given whether it be good or bad...

03-12-12 05:50 PM
    I think you can all stop with the "Sent from BlackBerry 10 device" joke now, we got it. It got old pretty quick..
    03-12-12 06:01 PM
105 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD