I was reading somewhere that .303 or .307 might be coming out soon. Where would I be able to find more information on this?
    03-06-12 08:32 AM
    the same source you read about it from
    rroyy
    Blacklatino and rroyy like this.
    03-06-12 08:54 AM
    Handsetdetection Website is showing builds .303 .307 and .313

No doubt one will leak soon (hopefully)

Thanks in advance to rroyy and or alki !!!
    kbz1960 and BoldAlways like this.
    03-06-12 09:48 AM
    sweet! can't wait
    03-06-12 10:14 AM
    Unfortunately, rroyy is too selfish now, he only distributes leaks to his friends (7.1.0.284) !

Latest one spotted for the Bold 9900 is .318
    03-07-12 08:12 AM
    Unfortunately, rroyy is too selfish now, he only distributes leaks to his friends (7.1.0.284) !

Latest one spotted for the Bold 9900 is .318
    We do not have a divine right to these leaks.

rroyy has provided us with plenty in the past and if he chooses not to do so in the future so be it. I for one am certainly not going to criticise him for not sharing.

Until he has a change of heart alki has stepped into the breach for which I thank him.

We should be grateful to anyone who gives or has given us leaks rather than complain about them.

Thats my view, love it or hate it at your leisure.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 03-07-12 at 10:51 AM.
    grover5, scouts36, kraski and 9 others like this.
    03-07-12 10:47 AM
    We do not have a divine right to these leaks.

rroyy has provided us with plenty in the past and if he chooses not to do so in the future so be it. I for one am certainly not going to criticise him for not sharing.

Until he has a change of heart alki has stepped into the breach for which I thank him.

We should be grateful to anyone who gives or has given us leaks rather than complain about them.

Thats my view, love it or hate it at your leisure.
    He is not sharing because FileShare has stopped giving money for each download, so since he is not earning money from our downloads, he has no interest to share

What a selfish pr!ck he is
    Last edited by G73S; 03-07-12 at 12:31 PM.
    03-07-12 12:18 PM
    i am just extremely thankful when a leak is released, thankful to those that make the release of the leak happen.

Thank you in advance.
    03-07-12 12:25 PM
    He is not sharing because FileShare has stopped giving money for each download, so since he is not earning money from our downloads, he has no interest to share

What a selfish pr!ck he is
    And whenever Alki3 or anyone else leaks OS's hes quick to repost them and share links. Hes so selfish.
    03-07-12 05:43 PM
    It's not that he's selfish - I'm sure RIM figured out who was sharing and cut him off. Happens all the time, RIM is always plugging up the sources of leaks.
    I imagine if he still was getting the leaked OSes he'd still be sharing them.
    And 284 came from TMobile beta zone, not from a leaked installer.
    03-08-12 12:44 PM
    I'm sure RIM has caught on and told him to stop leaking OS's.

If you look at rroyy's website, he took out the Leaked OS section.
    03-08-12 01:06 PM
    ...because his fileshare account was suspended, nothing more
    theonecid likes this.
    03-08-12 01:27 PM
    I'm sure RIM has caught on and told him to stop leaking OS's.

And if you follow rroyy the slightest bit on twitter, you will notice how much he keeps mentioning he loves money and he's so rich (cough), which brings us to think that if he stopped leaking OS', it might be because it isn't profitable for him anymore, since obviously fileshare isn't the only site out there.
    03-08-12 04:22 PM
    there is a download link for 9000 - 7.1.0.284 in the Hybrid section : http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...a-zone-707346/
    03-08-12 06:44 PM
    I do wish the next 7.1 leak has asian language in it.
    03-08-12 10:26 PM
    I can't keep up with so many leaks anymore. Unless the next leak has a huge advantage over the last one, I will just keep the one I have right now.
    03-09-12 11:03 AM
    I can't keep up with so many leaks anymore. Unless the next leak has a huge advantage over the last one, I will just keep the one I have right now.
    But it sure is nice to have the option !!!

Leaked OS's are half the fun of having a Berry, I get bored if I have to run the same OS for more than 3 weeks !!!

Come on Alki or rroyy, official OS has now caught up with the leak, def need a new one to try.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 03-09-12 at 11:50 AM.
    03-09-12 11:19 AM
    But it sure is nice to have the option !!!

Leaked OS's are half the fun of having a Berry, I get bored if I have to run the same OS for more than 3 weeks !!!

Come on Alki or rroyy, official OS has now caught up with the leak, def need a new one to try.
    That's true because my friends who own iPhones, Androids and WPs have no idea what I mean by a leaked OS for a phone.
    03-09-12 02:00 PM
    That's true because my friends who own iPhones, Androids and WPs have no idea what I mean by a leaked OS for a phone.
    Haha yeahhh, well leaks can never come too quickly!! I'll always welcome a new leak for my phone hehe
    03-09-12 04:55 PM
    I don't see why RIM would implicate with someone leaking the OS's as this is definitely to their advantage...they have hundreds of willing alpha/beta testers who are willingly installing their beta software and giving valid valuable feedback on what works/doesn't ... I can't see how this would be less than profitable for RIM.
    mssca likes this.
    03-09-12 10:42 PM
    You wonder why RIM would want to plug beta leaks. I think we make the greatest free beta testers around. We are an plethora of feedback...
    03-10-12 10:38 AM
    And if you follow rroyy the slightest bit on twitter, you will notice how much he keeps mentioning he loves money and he's so rich (cough), which brings us to think that if he stopped leaking OS', it might be because it isn't profitable for him anymore, since obviously fileshare isn't the only site out there.
    I'm not sure rroyy makes money off his site, only donations.

Before, there were sites that kept leaks for themselves to build hybrids and then charged people to download them by buying vip status.
    03-10-12 02:54 PM
    I'm not sure rroyy makes money off his site, only donations.

Before, there were sites that kept leaks for themselves to build hybrids and then charged people to download them by buying vip status.
    Not off of his site but the fileserve links used to pay per download.

Also in regards to your second remark - that is untrue. As an admin to one of the sites you're referencing I can tell you we do not keep the leaks for ourselves (as you can see from recent releases I've posted). We merely had access to them before the leaker wanted to leak them and/or had the time to leak them. Which then in turn we were able to provide our users with this content without "ruining" the leak for the site that does post it by posting the full thing.

Regardless that's a different can of worms.

Back on topic - hopefully we'll see something in the .3xx range considering .267 has been made official for many devices already and the .284 has already made its rounds.

Also in regards to us being the beta testers, the issue I can see with that is that sometimes in the past we have had builds where things are broken or dont work right that are really not supposed to make it to us end users. When builds like that make it out tons of people are quick complain about the lack of quality or whatever negative comment and it kinda gives RIM a bad name. Just my opinion but from cease and desist emails they send for leaks thats what it sounds like.
    Last edited by lyricidal; 03-10-12 at 04:20 PM.
    03-10-12 04:07 PM
    Right - RIM doesn't want people installing leaks because a lot of leaks don't get published because of bugs. RIM doesn't want to deal with people saying "my BlackBerry battery only lasts 3 hours!" when the reason it's only lasting 3 hours is that they're running an early leak of OS7.1.
    Also, my understanding of the VIP hybrid sites is that leakers would give them access to .cods because you can't identify the leaker solely based on .cods (and let's face it, who would want to lose a job beta testing RIM's OSes and phones?).
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    03-10-12 06:36 PM
    Also in regards to your second remark - that is untrue. As an admin to one of the sites you're referencing I can tell you we do not keep the leaks for ourselves (as you can see from recent releases I've posted). We merely had access to them before the leaker wanted to leak them and/or had the time to leak them. Which then in turn we were able to provide our users with this content without "ruining" the leak for the site that does post it by posting the full thing.
    What exactly would you be 'ruining' by posting the leak you have access to?

I honestly don't care if people want to make money off it but maybe rim does hence why host links to the leak gets shut down.

Yes different can of worms that has been discussed to death back in the os5 days.

Anyways, what really bugs me is that Crackberry users find major bugs in a beta os and a carrier releases it.

I was hoping .205 would have been official. It's probably the least buggies with great battery so far.
    Last edited by narci; 03-10-12 at 09:51 PM.
    03-10-12 09:43 PM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD