Ok ive searched CB and google for a while now and I can't find an answer or evena similar prob.

When i text a friend, no one in particular, anyone I press the back key to go back to my list of recent messages and i find myself gettin locked out of the last person I texted. only way to get around this is a battery pull. anyone else have this issue or a solution?

P.S. when I searched google and the forums i entered ".545 sms bug?"
    03-24-10 06:02 PM
    this happened to me on .330 a couple times but it wasnt a big deal, i forgot how it fixed itself but i havent had this issue on .545.
    03-24-10 06:09 PM
    mine doesn't do it all the time. It seems to happend more at night and when im texting only one person
    03-24-10 06:14 PM
    Never had this issue. I just tested going in and out of threads after sending messages - no issues for me on 545. How long are your threads? My threads are max like 10 messages each. Maybe try reducing the number of threads or the length of individual threads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 06:21 PM
    Mine just started doing that after 545 update. Its happened twice in a week. I had to delete conversation and start a new sms to that person to be able to text them back. very annoying!
    03-25-10 12:24 AM
    Yea this happens to me on .545 when i have a long conversation wit one person I just delete the conversation an start a new one its not that big of a deal to me annoying but not that serious...
    03-26-10 06:33 PM
    Nope, never had this happen to me on any OS.

SMS is just chit-chat... once it's said, it's over. Delete it and start another convo.

If you want a long chat, and you can't remember what was said 2 minutes ago... use email

03-26-10 08:21 PM
    yeah that happens to me too. i just let it go and delete the convo.

the first couple times its happened, i just rebooted the phone and it went back to normal (pain in the a** i know)
    03-26-10 08:34 PM
    I'm goning to try to delete the convo and see what happens. Thank you!

03-26-10 09:18 PM
    I have had this problem with every single 5.0 release both leaked and official on my 8900, 9000, and now my 9700. I used to be able to get back into the convo by going to "compose sms" and choosing that particular contact. How with .545 and .566 that no longer works. I find myself unable to delete it w/o a batt pull as well rim NEEDS to adress this issue and fix it. I mean come on, every single OS build? It almost seems like they are ignoring it out of pure laziness. If you can't get threaded sms right, at least give us the option to go back to the old way. I wouldn't mind the old way at all as it means I can at least access my SMS messages. Besides threaded sms is not all that important too me anyway. You hear that RIM? I want the option to revert back to the old way of handling sms lol

03-26-10 09:35 PM
    There are a lot of threads on here about this issue. It is some sort of bug on 5.0 and it appears to cross all phone models that have this. I am too techno-dumb to make a link here, but there are lots of threads on here about it. Search for "SMS bug" and you will find some. I think a user named IrocD is sort of trying to organize the search for a solution.

Good luck with your problem. It's a total pain in the a$$.
    03-26-10 10:43 PM
    There are a lot of threads on here about this issue. It is some sort of bug on 5.0 and it appears to cross all phone models that have this. I am too techno-dumb to make a link here, but there are lots of threads on here about it. Search for "SMS bug" and you will find some. I think a user named IrocD is sort of trying to organize the search for a solution.

Good luck with your problem. It's a total pain in the a$$.
    true there are alot of issues with the 5.0 OS but when I first got my 9700 through AT&T i never had an issue. i had it for about a month before I updated to .545. With my 9000 i had this issue once.....I think it was .411 but after words the bug never showed its face.

P.S. deleting the thread does fix this issue
    03-27-10 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD