Cycled through three battery pulls and the phone seems to need to settle down before it becomes stable each time. Boot up seems to be getting faster this last one only took 3 1/2 minutes. But the phone kept freezing up for the next 5 so over all being usable after battery pull remains about the same. But when the phone does settle down and becomes stable it is like night and day compared to the 4.7 I was on with sprint! I am out to dinner right now using the phone for this post and the browser speed is just unbelievable! So far I am loving this new hybrid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 08:49 PM
    A little help please. I just loaded 5.0 last night and spent a day with it. (Just testing it out) So today I decided to load Irtehun's 50v7.12 as far as I can tell it went well but should I see it in my information page? I tried to link a screen shot but the forum wont let me do it until I have ten posts (FING ********) so the screen-shot reads v5.0.0238 (Platform 4.2.0.61) so did I load this correctly or do I need to give it another go? Phone seems to be working much better and when I sent my screen-shot to photo-bucket it only took like 5 seconds to upload. Normally that would be at least 45 seconds to a minute. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    View your platform and app version through the help screen (alt+shift+h) and it should read app version as 5.0.0.351 (554). That will mean a successful install.

does anyone elses boot up get stuck a little before a quarter way through?
    This is common for the 7.12 build. No worries. It shouldnt lengthen the boot-up too much and it will go away with later builds.

So far I am loving this new hybrid!
    Another satisfied user.... make sure you spread the love and give your thanks to the right people @ BBHybrids - Blackberry Hybrids !
    12-10-09 09:08 PM
    Still out and about but yes the love will be spread to the right places not to mention a click on that pay pal donate tab! Why the �~�% rim can't do this on their own is beyond me????

12-10-09 09:25 PM
    I have noticed some bugs that when I go into my contacts and select to SMS that person, I get an empty text box where I can not type my message, or even with quicklaucnh, when I use my "s" shortcut I get the same thing, no text box. The way that is working is when I go under messages/SMS icon and go to the top by the date and then right click and select to SMS and then type in contact? Heard of such before?

Also I have been hearing from many people I text that they are getting 4 of the same texts from me when I hit the "enter" button or select with the trackball by clicking it to send. I have noticed it more when I use "enter" I should say it happens more often with the "enter" button. A way I can fix this. Other than that this hybrid is amazing, reboots with a bare OS was like 2 minutes or less, and now with all my apps its like 5 to 6 minutes, which is half if not more than my official 4.7, I think I am hooked on hybrids for now
    12-10-09 11:04 PM
    I can't get 7.12 on my tour..In the app list, all apps still read .238..I have done everything..Any advise?
    12-10-09 11:39 PM
    does anyone else have problems with the auto-focus on 7.12?
    12-10-09 11:46 PM
    View your platform and app version through the help screen (alt+shift+h) and it should read app version as 5.0.0.351 (554). That will mean a successful install.

Guess that's it!! Way cool!!!!! My wife is giving me a hard time saying if I'm not modifying my truck or my motorcycle its the computers or the phones :-0 she has a palm pre that I installed preware on and have been driving her crazy with all the stuff I have been putting on her phone too :-)
    12-10-09 11:59 PM
    yes thats it!!!
    12-11-09 12:00 AM
    does anyone else have problems with the auto-focus on 7.12?
    Just tried my phone works fine. Seems to be a bit slower than it was on stock OS but it stills does the job.
    12-11-09 12:02 AM

Guess that's it!! Way cool!!!!! My wife is giving me a hard time saying if I'm not modifying my truck or my motorcycle its the computers or the phones :-0 she has a palm pre that I installed preware on and have been driving her crazy with all the stuff I have been putting on her phone too :-)
    omg i know what you mean, i tried to explain to my gf why i do these type of mods and she just looks at me like i'm stupid.
    12-11-09 12:02 AM
    Just tried my phone works fine. Seems to be a bit slower than it was on stock OS but it stills does the job.
    yeah it seems like mines doesnt work at times and does others....idk...could care less
    12-11-09 12:23 AM
    thegronz wrote - I can't get 7.12 on my tour..In the app list, all apps still read .238..I have done everything..Any advise?
    Are you sure your not rockin it right now? I had the same question today. When I had the 5.0 leaked OS on it was the .230 after my 712 install it changed to .238 same as you. Then I got some help.............

willyboy6 wrote - View your platform and app version through the help screen (alt+shift+h) and it should read app version as 5.0.0.351 (554). That will mean a successful install.
    willyboy6 Thank you for that by the way

So what I am saying thegronz are you sure your not running it right now?
    12-11-09 02:29 AM
    Why the �~�% rim can't do this on their own is beyond me????

Their standards are higher and what they're doing is more complicatedm. Not to knock hybrids or their builders (I'm running irtehuns 7.12 now) , but 1) they don't actually write code, really, they're essentially mixing and matching files to see what works better than what has been leaked. 2) when you get an actual release from RIM (assuming that ever happens again...) You wouldn't put up with the crap we put up with in hybrids. They have to release something pretty dang error free. Your standards with hybrids aren't that high. You just want something that's better than before, and you're willing to put up with some irritants, like the media player bug, to gain other things.

-Stephen

12-11-09 02:36 AM
    I still can't fathom how people can put an OS on their phone that's been tweaked and recompiled by some 16 year old in his basement and then get all surprised that it has problems.
    12-11-09 02:46 AM
    I still can't fathom how people can put an OS on their phone that's been tweaked and recompiled by some 16 year old in his basement and then get all surprised that it has problems.
    When it runs better than the stock or "official" OS released by RIM and the carriers, then it's really not that hard my man. You should give it a try, then you'll know what you are missing out on. There's a reason that there are so many people running these OS's.

And to make assumptions about the age and lifestyle of the hybrid builders, or anyone that you don't actually know for that matter, is ignorant and makes you look very naiive. Just my $.02.
    12-11-09 08:33 AM
    it was hyperbole, but you got my drift.

It's like if I took my Lexus down to the local Mexican chop shop and had them lower it, install hydraulics and otherwise "fix it up," and then complain when the handling is off and the dash board rattles. Duh, screw with a device and it's going to have weird, unpredictable issues. Very silly.
    12-11-09 08:37 AM

It's like if I took my Lexus down to the local Mexican chop shop and had them lower it, install hydraulics and otherwise "fix it up," and then complain when the handling is off and the dash board rattles. Duh, screw with a device and it's going to have weird, unpredictable issues. Very silly.
    nah it'd probably drive/perform better, after all it's just a toyota with a nicer interior... either way, i'm 29 and "professional", I need my blackberry to function and carry on daily tasks... however the factory / official OS for the 9630 is absolute garbage.

I swore the phone off the first few days of usage and wanted my 8330 back with less memory and inferior display.

I was trying to wait for the official 5.0 release for the Tour, but I couldn't take the 4.7 garbage any longer... keep in mind the "hybrids" or "leaks" are comprised of RIM generated files, no kids in basements are coding these files... merely combining files from other leaked releases from other phones.

Not sure why you come here to stir anything up, go drive your wanna be Audi/BMW and wait 10 minutes for your phone to boot.

have a nice weekend!
    12-11-09 09:50 AM

I'd make some snippy comment about you wishing you drove a Lexus, but then I'd be a hypocrite, falling in to the same ignorant category as yourself. You could be a millionaire for all I know, or care for that matter. But you obviously do not *count* on your phones performance for your job's sake, because if you did the 4.7 OS would significantly slow your productivity down, hence costing you $$$$$$.

Just because those Mexican's don't have the same certifications as the mechanic down the street at my local Exxon, that doesn't mean they can't do a good job. They just might specialize in different areas. The OS builds that become "official" are geared to be less buggy. Notice I said *less* because even official builds have their own quirks. Hybrids specialize in speed and efficiency. Ask anyone who is using one now. It's a trade-off. If you had your mexican's supercharge your Lexus, you'd be getting better performance, but your exhaust that was special when you bought the car wouldn't sound the way it did back then. Us hybrid users trade speed and stability for functionality any day of the week. You think a small media player bug is going to make me downgrade? I loaded up 5.0 and haven't looked back since. Those that haven't upgraded are holding back either because they are not comfortable enough with the process and don't want to mess with there phone (I was there at one point too) or they are just too naiive to think that anything can be better than the OFFICIAL OS RELEASED BY THE CARRIER, otherwise why wouldn't they have released it, right?

Wrong.

I'm not forcing anyone to drink to kool-aid, but browse these forums and for every person that complains about a small bug with a leaked OS, you'll find 10 other people who are satisfied with the build and hybrid they loaded. You'd probably find more but people are more inclined to post when they have problems and not when they are having success. Although I'm sure you already know this, having over 900 posts in 2 months yourself.
    Last edited by willyboy6; 12-11-09 at 10:12 AM.
    12-11-09 10:10 AM
    Furballz Furballz is offline - wrote
    You dont see me complaining. SO far everything on my phone works just fine, as a matter of fact the phone itself is FASTER and the web browser is without a doubt faster! My blackberry was perfect for text and emails but the browsing was painful to say the least.

I bought this phone on ebay for $175.00 and free shipping new in box, and the sim card was factory unlocked. That was cheaper than I could get it at Sprint signing a two year agreement! The seller didn't advertise it as unlocked but I used my son's AT&T sim card to test it out and it worked perfectly with his sim in after I changed to GSM. So if I fried the phone it would suck but it would not be the end of the world to me. Heck I could sell it for parts and make what I paid for it.

That being said I am the kind of guy that if I have time, and I do this week due to the rain here in SO. CAL. (I am a heavy equipment operator) I will tinker with things that do not meet or exceed my expectations. If this phone was destroyed in the process I would just walk into Sprint slap it on the table and say give me another.

I pay for the insurance and I have been with them for 9 years. And I get what I want with Sprint because I have been with them this long and I do not have the two year noose around my neck. They know I can walk when I want. I pay for simply everything on my phone and my wife's phone and I pay my bills on time every month. They do not want to lose me.

Originally Posted by Furballz View Post

You make these phones sound like a coveted piece of machinery (Lexus reference) I do not see this phone as a Lexus I see it as a 1980's Cadillac. An overpriced piece of crap covered in fancy wood and leather to make it look and feel like a quality auto. And people keep buying it because it is a "Cadillac"

In the mean time Toyota (Who will soon be bringing in their Luxury Lexus Line) is building much higher quality cars at a better price and will soon knock GM off of their King of the car world throne. And yes I know that the iphone holds that position right now but Rim is right behind them and with all the new droid phones coming out Rim is starting to look much more like that Cadillac to me. They have a solid business base right now, kinda like IBM has on the business world. But soon those offices will be filled with kids holding iphones and droids and they are the future decision makers. They will decide what a company will buy and use for their business. If Rim doesn't pull their head out soon they will be that nostalgic old rusty caddy sitting in the field along route 66.

So basically for me this phone is well, just a phone. One that I was not very happy with and was thinking about getting rid of it for the simple reason of frustration. I found that when I am with my wife I reach for her Pre more than mine, that is if she isn't using it. I was sick of picking up the phone, hitting the menu button to go to an app (say iHeart radio) only to see that clock pop up. Made me want to throw it across the room. I am currently not getting that and that my friend makes me happy if other apps dont work properly I may go back to the straight 5.0 leak, but for now the phone seems to be doing just great on a pimply faced 16 year old kids basement build and it is Rims inability at the moment to give me a phone that works the way I want it too that caused me to try it in the first place. Although I do have to give the coo-dos on the threaded messaging, I am liking it a lot. If they keep going in that direction but still have a quality business base application they may have hope. But in tomorrows users they will have to be able to satisfy the weekly duties of the business man/woman with the weeknight/weekend playtime when the inner child comes out to play. So far I am not seeing that done very well. And that is just my opinion. Oh and on one more note, that 16 year old kids basement build gave me that warm fuzzy feeling for my phone that until now I didn't have. You like vanilla, I like chocolate. Lets leave it at that.
    Last edited by stoneworrior; 12-11-09 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Sucky spelling "-)
    12-11-09 11:14 AM
    wow i thought all this was done!!! I guess not!
    12-11-09 11:45 AM
    Tee00max wrote -
    wow i thought all this was done!!! I guess not!
    12-11-09 11:55 AM
    lol.........if doing hybrids and things bother some people then they dont have to do it, leave it to the people who do! plain and simple.
    12-11-09 11:58 AM
    Tee my man, if the people running this country where as no BS and common sensed as you, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now. Its dingle berries like him that want everyone else to conform and do, think, and act the way they do. They have no room nor tolerance for individuality or free thinkers. If you have a different opinion than him he doesn't see it as a difference of opinion. Hes see's it as you have something wrong with you. If this wasn't true he would not have been compelled to make his first comment, he would have read it, rolled his eyes and moved on. But noooooo he had to make his "What is wrong with you" comment. By doing this he has cemented in my mind the kind of cattle to slaughter mentality that has this whole country walking down the cattle shoot.

I now step off my soap box and go back to doing laundry (I am off work this week so at the moment I am the house B**ch)
    12-11-09 12:16 PM
    Tee my man, if the people running this country where as no BS and common sensed as you, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now. Its dingle berries like him that want everyone else to conform and do, think, and act the way they do. They have no room nor tolerance for individuality or free thinkers. If you have a different opinion than him he doesn't see it as a difference of opinion. Hes see's it as you have something wrong with you. If this wasn't true he would not have been compelled to make his first comment, he would have read it, rolled his eyes and moved on. But noooooo he had to make his "What is wrong with you" comment. By doing this he has cemented in my mind the kind of cattle to slaughter mentality that has this whole country walking down the cattle shoot.

I now step off my soap box and go back to doing laundry (I am off work this week so at the moment I am the house B**ch)
    yeah exactly but it is what it is.....
    12-11-09 12:25 PM
    This thread started out great and I guess the people who have nothing else to do but hate has their 2cents to put in..."The Haters". I guess they own this site I wonder how my crackberry pay yall to hate......If people wanna tweak their bb let em. I just came to the point that we are never gonna have a perfect bb if there was carriers wouldn't make any money. I say If u can't help another person out on here don't say nothing @ all....

12-11-09 04:18 PM
183 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD