wow i downloaded it from that link yesterday...
    12-04-09 03:18 PM
    Ok I followed the steps for the .191 radio with 50v7.12 and it loaded without error so how do I know I have .191 radio. I don't see it in the modules files. I did have to downgrade when I loaded the .191 radio so maybe its on there any help with this. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 05:35 PM
    Ok I followed the steps for the .191 radio with 50v7.12 and it loaded without error so how do I know I have .191 radio. I don't see it in the modules files. I did have to downgrade when I loaded the .191 radio so maybe its on there any help with this. Thanks

yeah in the loader you selected the downgrade option and everything completed fine then you most likely have it on your phone.
    12-04-09 05:37 PM
    Wow now my bb won't charge after the .191 radio so looks like I gotta upgrade back to the .230 radio. That's the only thing that dosent work for me and I downloaded without any error.....

12-04-09 05:56 PM
    it will charge it, its just the .191 doesnt show the lightning bolt when charging
    12-04-09 06:03 PM
    if you like the .191 radio and decide to keep it go to the clock and set the bedside mode to show the clock when its charging.
    12-04-09 06:04 PM
    I don't see why you guys waste your time with this stuff. Is your BB like a project/hobby or something? If so, I could maybe see doing all the wiping and installing and reinstalling of X, Y, Z OS and then putting up with all the glitches, etc etc. Like a car you tinker with in your off-time.

But damn, I need my BB to actually work, all the time if possible. If it's down, my business is jeopardized.

Tell me you don't use your BBs for your livelihood.
    12-04-09 06:44 PM
    I dont know about yours but im not messing my blackberry up, mines always works, its just ways to make it work better, its just something i like to do with all my phones, this is what i go to school for anywayz..
    12-04-09 06:50 PM
    I dont know about yours but im not messing my blackberry up, mines always works, its just ways to make it work better, its just something i like to do with all my phones, this is what i go to school for anywayz..
    If you read the list of glitches in this thread alone, something tells me it's not "working better" than the official OS release.

And it sounds like you're still in school? If so, then your blackberry isn't exactly keeping food in your refrigerator.

Here's an analogy: if you have only one car, and you need it every day to get to work, something tells me you're not going to go sticking screwdrivers in the engine to try to get a few more horsepower out of it.
    12-04-09 06:55 PM
    If you read the list of glitches in this thread alone, something tells me it's not "working better" than the official OS release.

And it sounds like you're still in school? If so, then your blackberry isn't exactly keeping food in your refrigerator.

Here's an analogy: if you have only one car, and you need it every day to get to work, something tells me you're not going to go sticking screwdrivers in the engine to try to get a few more horsepower out of it.
    ha i actually do that to...its called knowing what your doing.
    12-04-09 07:01 PM
    ha i actually do that to...its called knowing what your doing.
    Well I hope your technical skill is better than your spelling. But seriously, you're a kid right? Do you have a job? Specifically, a job that needs you to be able to send email, BBMs, good phone reception, stuff like that?
    12-04-09 07:12 PM
    no im currently a full time student that about to graduate, and is going to get a job and when that time gets here then i will deal with it as such...to make a long story short, just keep going with your official OS and we will keep doing what we do....
    12-04-09 07:20 PM
    to each is own.....
    12-04-09 07:24 PM
    we will keep doing what we do....
    I'm sure you will. I'm not here to try to convince people that what they're doing is wrong, I'm just trying to understand what in the world would prompt them to do it.
    12-04-09 07:32 PM
    I'm sure you will. I'm not here to try to convince people that what they're doing is wrong, I'm just trying to understand what in the world would prompt them to do it.
    i just always have had luck with it, never really ran into any problems doing it and i guess when i do then i will reconsider.
    12-04-09 07:34 PM
    I have been following your quotes and I have to ask... What do you not understand? The only reason your blackberry puts food in your house is because someone somewhere was sick of using the pony express to deliver messages. Innovation in the world is sparked from the following: curiosity, anti conformity, and ironically laziness. So quit trying to rationalize others innovations against your lack of such. I am sorry for the rant but it bugs me when people like you challenge the processes that entitle you to luxuries as long as you reap the rewards of those luxuries. If you don't get it. Just accept that you probably never will. Just enjoy what you have and not worry the fun/problems it gave others for you to have it. Don't berate others for matters you are not willing to at least try to understand.

12-04-09 09:44 PM
    I have been following your quotes and I have to ask... What do you not understand? The only reason your blackberry puts food in your house is because someone somewhere was sick of using the pony express to deliver messages. Innovation in the world is sparked from the following: curiosity, anti conformity, and ironically laziness. So quit trying to rationalize others innovations against your lack of such. I am sorry for the rant but it bugs me when people like you challenge the processes that entitle you to luxuries as long as you reap the rewards of those luxuries. If you don't get it. Just accept that you probably never will. Just enjoy what you have and not worry the fun/problems it gave others for you to have it. Don't berate others for matters you are not willing to at least try to understand.

All of that must have taken you a long time to type from your BB, but I'm not sure how it's relevant to the conversation.
    12-04-09 09:46 PM
    All of that must have taken you a long time to type from your BB, but I'm not sure how it's relevant to the conversation.
    Nah not really... I am running a hybrid build. Faster phone = faster typing? If the revelence of what I said escapes your ability to comprehend it. PM me and I will explain it. This thread shouldn't be clogged with your continual lack of participation of aiding and helping others as the thread is more then likely intended. You already started your own thread to address your problematic misundersanding of others motives. Keep you issues to your rightfully titled thread.

12-04-09 10:17 PM
    when i first installed 7.12 i swapped the radio out for the .191 radio, and it blows. i've never had such jumpy reception - it would even completely loose receptions at times. i reinstalled 7.12 without touching the radio and reception is great now. this was all done in the same room of my house btw.
    12-04-09 10:51 PM
    when i first installed 7.12 i swapped the radio out for the .191 radio, and it blows. i've never had such jumpy reception - it would even completely loose receptions at times. i reinstalled 7.12 without touching the radio and reception is great now. this was all done in the same room of my house btw.
    I did the exact same thing, people were saying that the .191 radio was so good so i put it on my phone and it turned out to be horrible and I went right back to the .230 radio that works great for me..
    12-04-09 11:14 PM
    glad i'm not the only one. i think i'm going to leave the hybrid making to the professionals.
    12-05-09 01:59 AM
    The .191 radio swap bricked my BlackBerry.

No sweat though, wiped, re-installed 7.12 hybrid (with .230 radio) and was good to go from there. Signal tends to fluctuate at times, but it's nothing to be worried about as I can still get three or four bars of service in the locations I frequent most.

Time from popping in battery to device recognizing trackball movement: two minutes, thirty seconds. AWESOME.

Let's try to keep things on topic here, this thread is about the release of the 7.12 hybrid, not a place to argue about why or why not have a leaked OS on your device. A thread like that already exists and all discussion of that sort should remain in that thread.
    12-05-09 02:01 AM
    Does this Furballz guy even know what he is saying? By his logic, he's digging himself into a deep hole.

"I use a computer for work. That's it. So you, Furballz, are using it to visit a forum and try to fight people on the internet? Why do you do that? If I only use it for work, then what would drive you to use it for pleasure? It doesn't make any sense."
    12-05-09 04:26 AM
    no not at all, i just did mine right over it.
    Thanks for the info. I am seeing some .371 files so I guess I installed it correctly. We will see what happens.
    12-05-09 06:43 AM
    Nah not really... I am running a hybrid build. Faster phone = faster typing? If the revelence of what I said escapes your ability to comprehend it. PM me and I will explain it. This thread shouldn't be clogged with your continual lack of participation of aiding and helping others as the thread is more then likely intended. You already started your own thread to address your problematic misundersanding of others motives. Keep you issues to your rightfully titled thread.

I second this comment.
    Last edited by veevans01; 12-05-09 at 06:58 AM.
    12-05-09 06:54 AM
183 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD