Does Viigo work with any 5.0 Tour OS's. I had installed .230 some time ago and went back to the stock 4.7 OS due to .230 not having Viigo support. I use the app a lot, enough to go back from 5.0 to 4.7... Is there any news that Viigo works with 5.0 or any hybrids? If Viigo still does not can anyone suggest any RSS readers that are as good as Viigo.
    12-08-09 12:57 AM
    Does Viigo work with any 5.0 Tour OS's. I had installed .230 some time ago and went back to the stock 4.7 OS due to .230 not having Viigo support. I use the app a lot, enough to go back from 5.0 to 4.7... Is there any news that Viigo works with 5.0 or any hybrids? If Viigo still does not can anyone suggest any RSS readers that are as good as Viigo.
    Viigo does actually work with OS 5.0. The only problem with it is that you can't scroll the page, but there is a "cure" for that.

All you have to do is when you view a page, just press options and choose "page view".

You'll be able to view Viigo as usual.
    12-08-09 01:38 AM
    Oh yeah, it works with both leaked OS 5.0 and Hybrids.
    12-08-09 01:41 AM
    Viigo does actually work with OS 5.0. The only problem with it is that you can't scroll the page, but there is a "cure" for that.

All you have to do is when you view a page, just press options and choose "page view".

You'll be able to view Viigo as usual.
    Man, not being able to scroll does suck.
    I would always have to hit the menu button, change it to page view, then I'd be able to read the article.

Even with Viigo's new update, it still doesn't have full 5.0 support.
    12-08-09 01:42 AM
    The scroll problem was my issue with Viigo and 5.0 I will try the fix with the new 5.0 7.12 hybrid thats out. Any ideas for a good Rss reader in the mean time?
    12-08-09 02:31 AM
    Yes, this "workaround" falls a bit short of reasonable expectations for the definition of that word.

There are several classes of real or potential users of Viigo. First, there is the class that simply want to be able to install the application, and see its cute icon appear in their arsenal of seldom-used tools on the device. Second, there is the user who rarely uses news articles (even summaries) and instead uses it to scan headlines. Third, like me, there is the user who not only uses Viigo daily, but beyond scanning headlines actually reads the paragraph synopsis of more like dozens, than a few.

For "class-three" folks like me, the extra menu click and mouse-scroll to select page view -- FOR EVERY ARTICLE -- gets more than a little onerous! This *may* not be a Viigo-specific problem, but the behavior is that in "column view" mode scrolling does not work. Oddly, column view browsing works just fine, I think....
    12-13-09 09:45 AM
    Does Viigo still suffer from being a horrible memory sieve?
    12-13-09 09:55 AM
    I have this same scrolling problem in viigo and it drives me absolutely mad!! You wouldn't think that having to manually go into page view would be so tedious, but it's just irritating!! I wish I could just set a default view in the settings or something along those lines, but the option just isn't there, and I'm sorry, but I am not doling out cash for a decent RSS viewer. It's just ludicrous.

Has anyone found a better fix or workaround for this? I've even tried using viigo lite and the same problem exists there....( other than this, this app is perfect!! I'm hesitant to toss it aside over thid, especially since the other free readers lack the features of viigo.
    07-15-10 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD