does anyone know when the 5.0 update for verizon will be released? I've been waiting for forever! and I'm beginning to get impatient!
    02-19-10 05:33 PM
    No way! I thought I was the only one. I'm glad you started this thread.
    02-19-10 05:40 PM
    It'll come out before the Tour 2 release or very shortly after. Until then you have to be patient and install maybe the MTS version. It's very stable. But try all of the 5.0's. It is very easy, the installation process that is, and you have all the features.
    02-19-10 05:41 PM
    Install the .484 OS w/.419 radio - all the files are available now. Why wait?
    02-19-10 05:51 PM
    How do you do that? And is there a problem with the .484 radio files? Just curious as I am running .419 now and was just about to upgrade to .484 when I saw your post.
    02-19-10 06:42 PM
    I love these 10 thread s a day.......
    02-19-10 06:45 PM
    And the crystal ball says: Not today
    02-19-10 06:49 PM
    How do you do that? And is there a problem with the .484 radio files? Just curious as I am running .419 now and was just about to upgrade to .484 when I saw your post.
    Many Verizon users have reported .419 being a better radio than .484, the opposite of what Sprint users are experiencing. Since you aren't on Verizon I doubt it will be a problem.
    02-19-10 09:41 PM
    The magic 8 ball says "not likely" There is a 5.0 for the tour, can't you just try it and if you don't like it go back??
    02-19-10 09:44 PM
    so how exactly do i go about doing this??
    02-20-10 12:12 AM
    First things first. You need to cut the large end off your USB cable. Twist the 4 wires into two pairs and put them into the nearest electrical socket. Generally its better to lick the small end of the USB cable before you plug it into the phone.

After you wake up you can try searching.
    02-20-10 12:17 AM
    Many Verizon users have reported .419 being a better radio than .484, the opposite of what Sprint users are experiencing. Since you aren't on Verizon I doubt it will be a problem.
    Ok, so I guess its a VZW thingy then. I'll go ahead and load .484 and will report back if I see a degradation in radio. Thanks!
    02-20-10 07:44 AM
    First things first. You need to cut the large end off your USB cable. Twist the 4 wires into two pairs and put them into the nearest electrical socket. Generally its better to lick the small end of the USB cable before you plug it into the phone.

There goes my coffee.....
    02-20-10 08:17 AM
    Ok, so I guess its a VZW thingy then. I'll go ahead and load .484 and will report back if I see a degradation in radio. Thanks!
    If after installation you want to try the other radio, PM me and I'll walk you through the process.
    02-20-10 12:43 PM

can't stop laughing over that one,NICE!!!
    02-20-10 02:36 PM
    does anyone know when the 5.0 update for verizon will be released? I've been waiting for forever! and I'm beginning to get impatient!

Just switch to sprint and you will be a happy customer
    02-20-10 02:56 PM
    **** NO! Sprint is ******* GARBAGE! Ill stick with Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 03:59 PM
    **** NO! Sprint is ******* GARBAGE! Ill stick with Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Maybe when Verizon drops 5.0 us Sprint users will be using 6.0 by then
    02-20-10 04:04 PM
    Just switch to sprint and you will be a happy customer
    Sprint is for people that price is there primary concern.
    Verizon is for people that function in a phone is there primary concern.
    In very few markets does sprint better Verizon, if any.
    If I thought there was a better carrier I would switch to them. Sprint would be on the "I don't think so" list in my area.
    ATT
    TMO
    tin cans and string
    All rate higher in my book
    02-20-10 04:31 PM
    If I thought there was a better carrier I would switch to them. Sprint would be on the "I don't think so" list in my area.
    ATT
    TMO
    tin cans and string
    Your company must comp your service hey? Keep paying the high prices for minimal features. I get the same service and way more features for less. Verizons like getting the suite at the belagio without the flat panel tv. LOL
    Last edited by Slammer; 02-21-10 at 07:22 AM.
    02-20-10 07:10 PM
    ATT
    TMO
    tin cans and string
    @ greeneink
    Yep, agreed. And where did you get the 5.0.0.419+hybrid and how do I download it to work for Verizon Tour 9630?

@slammer
    Yep, company pays mine, but they want me to have the best service too. Oh yeah, and I own the company.
    02-21-10 12:32 AM
    @ greeneink
    Yep, agreed. And where did you get the 5.0.0.419+hybrid and how do I download it to work for Verizon Tour 9630?

@slammer
    Yep, company pays mine, but they want me to have the best service too. Oh yeah, and I own the company.
    Just curious have you tried sprint? Are you ware that they run on the same networks (cdma)?
    02-21-10 07:23 AM
    Switched to a Tour a few days ago from a Curve.

Not bad, but not overly impressed - but anyway, I switched.

Then the "Out of Memory" and "Error 552" demons began rearing their heads, and when I needed to do my 4th wipe and re-install, I decided to give 5.0 from Sprint a try.

No problems really with the install, and everything is working great so far. Most all of my 3rd party applications are working, and some I was even able to upgrade to v5 compatible. The only application which I used frequently, and cannot seem to get to work is Mobile Banking. I notice that others are having similar issues with that application.

Overall I am satisfied so far, and hopefully those demons wont return!

Cheers.
    02-21-10 09:34 AM
    Just curious have you tried sprint? Are you ware that they run on the same networks (cdma)?
    Yep, we had a few people on Sprint and/or Nextel until recently as well as AT&T, but switched all (except for iphone users) to our Verizon business plan to save money and increase coverage for users who traveled outside metro areas more often.
    Yes, exact same cdma technology, not exact same network, except for maybe sprint roamers use vzw towers.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 02-22-10 at 04:20 PM.
    02-21-10 09:58 AM
    i am on vzw and am running driphters 6.3 with the .484 radio and it is much better than the .419 radio for me
    02-21-10 08:19 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD