Hi,

Is anyone running into problems with UMA on any 5.0 installs?
    I am having this problem with UMA on Rogers, it will connect but after several minutes you will not hear the other side of the conversation, but the call is still connected.

Any ideas?
    12-14-09 08:58 PM
    No problem with T-mobile's UMA running the latests .411 upgrade.
    12-14-09 10:06 PM
    I'm also having problems with dropped calls when using UMA. I've been using Rogers talkspot/UMA on my curve 8900 for several months without any problem, but then suddenly started getting dropped calls since last Friday Dec 11. Nothing was changed on my phone. From reading prior threads, seems like it might be related to UMA connection not staying on... switches over to EDGE then drops call (even though wi-fi icon stays lit up the whole time). I spent an hour on the phone with Rogers this morning without success. Any suggestions?

Another new problem for me is that some incoming calls now go directly to voice mail (without ringing) - not sure if this is related to dropped calls.
    12-15-09 12:59 PM
    Using UMA with TMobile for several months without a problem, but for the last few days UMA has been dropping out completely - I thought it was my router losing the signal but probably .411 is not good for UMA so I am about to downgrade. I think I was happy with .314, will install that.
    12-15-09 03:07 PM
    I'm also having problems with dropped calls when using UMA. I've been using Rogers talkspot/UMA on my curve 8900 for several months without any problem, but then suddenly started getting dropped calls since last Friday Dec 11. Nothing was changed on my phone. From reading prior threads, seems like it might be related to UMA connection not staying on... switches over to EDGE then drops call (even though wi-fi icon stays lit up the whole time). I spent an hour on the phone with Rogers this morning without success. Any suggestions?

Another new problem for me is that some incoming calls now go directly to voice mail (without ringing) - not sure if this is related to dropped calls.
    I'm on Rogers as well and having the same problem...its been very recent for me as well, very strange but its happended to me a few time in the last several days. I'd love to hear if there is a solutions. I am running a OS 5.0.0.411 on my 8900 but not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    12-15-09 04:27 PM
    The UMA problem is actually not disconnecting.
    It is now a one-way radio problem. The other person can actually hear me now, but I can't hear them. And then when I hang up, it turns into EDGE.
    12-15-09 10:11 PM
    I have the exact same problem but I'm 99% sure it's an OS issue. I've had this problem ever since I've upgraded to .411, my gf who's still on .348 doesn't have that issue.

After a few mins of talking I can't hear the person I'm talking to but that person can hear me. Calls get disconnected when it passes from UMA to EDGE and vice-versa.

When I have a minute I'll downgrade back to .348 to see if it fixes this problem and report back.
    12-16-09 01:25 AM
    I'm on Rogers as well and having the same problem...its been very recent for me as well, very strange but its happended to me a few time in the last several days. I'd love to hear if there is a solutions. I am running a OS 5.0.0.411 on my 8900 but not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    I'm running 4.6.1.250. Haven't had any problem today, although my calls have been shorter. Hoping it's a Rogers problem that's being/been fixed.
    12-16-09 12:42 PM
    I noticed the same issue last weekend. UMA communication was cutting all the time, the other party saying they could still hear me, but I could not hear them at all.

I'm running 4.6.1.250 on the 8900 and UMA has been running flawlessly for a few months before. Since yesterday, I did not have this problem anymore. So its obviously not a version 5 issue. Most be something that Rogers tries and did not turned out to be quite right.....
    12-16-09 02:43 PM
    Guess it was from Rogers since UMA has been working perfectly today... which I find to be quite odd since it kept working fine for my gf as well as my friend and they were both on .358 while mine had issues...
    12-16-09 05:01 PM
    I've found that the encryption type will make a difference on how stable UMA is. I used to have a WPA2 Personal and I would have ok connection. I have since made my network access point with no encryption (Mac address permit) and it is rock solid now.
    12-16-09 09:11 PM
    I just turned off mobile network under connections and so far my UMA hasn't disconnected in the past 12 or so hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 10:39 AM
    I just upgraded my 8900 to .411 last night and UMA is horrible. I have an Airport Extreme router and these have had issues with BB's a couple of years ago. My UMA prior to the upgrade was flawless. The issue may be related to only specific router on 5.0.
    01-07-10 02:11 PM
    I am also using Airport Extreme with 2 tmobile 8900's. Installing any version of 5.0 results in garbled audio and momentary one way conversations. Reverting to 4.6.1 corrects all UMA issues on both phones.
    01-08-10 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD