Since I have multiple phones running various iterations of 5.0, and this is occurring on all of them, I figure it's an OS issue and not device-specific: what's the deal with the occasional freezing of the SMS sending? I'll send several - all fine. Then I send one, and I get the little square clock. It just will not go through, no matter how many times I try to 'resend'. I have to actually reboot the phone, then go back to my SMS folder. There will be an X there, but now the SMS's will go through.

Anyone else having this issue? Any fixes?
    11-28-09 02:16 AM
    I have same problem sometimes with 5.0.238. Now for some reason if I type text and preSs send it might not go through till I roll the track ball up out of the box I wrote the text into. All of a sudden it will send it.
    The problem I have is I can only send SMS from the SMS application. If I go into the phone book and try to SMS the person from there, when the SMS app starts I don't have the box to write text in.
    But if I open the SMS app I find the name of the person I looked up in the address book already open in the SMS app with the ability to text them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 09:16 AM
    I am having a similar problem and need a fix. Just upgraded to 5.0 tonight on my curve 8800. Whenever I select a contact through my call log or even through the address book and I try to send them an SMS message by pressing the blackberry button and selecting the "SMS Contact Name" option, it doesn't actually open a separate SMS message. It takes me back to the Messages list without actually opening an SMS Message. PLEASE HELP!
    12-21-09 01:05 AM
    Wow. I was abt to update to 5 just half an hour ago when
    I thought maybe reading abt it a bit won't hurt and ended up
    reading all your "I need fixes for <put in ur issue here>" cries.

Maybe need to wait a bit on this one

Anyone with bold or tours hitting this prob?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vulfadli; 12-21-09 at 08:02 AM.
    12-21-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD