I just downloaded the 5.0 OS and i noticed that the TXT messages now look like BBMs and that the TXT and BBM new message alert have same icon. Anyone know how to change the alert icon or is that how it's going to be from now on or is it just because it's the leaked version and not the actual?
    12-02-09 09:40 PM
    the 5.0 OS is set up this way and cannot be changed unless you have a custom theme. both the SMS icon and BBM icon are a speech bubble. the SMS one is orange and the BBM one is blue. this is because SMS is threaded now.
    12-03-09 02:33 AM
    I really like it this way personally, because I think texting is much better done in a threaded, chat style. Then again, I don't use BBM so there's no confusion. I think the color difference would be enough for me though, as they're basically the dame thing anyway. I use several chat clients and wouldn't personally mind if they were just different colors of a speech bubble either.

Give it a while and see if it grows on you. If you separate your SMS from Messages it's easy to see what's coming in, and everything is a quick, threaded conversation that you can pick up wherever it left off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 03:21 AM
    I have 5.0.0.238 on my Bold and both are blue speech bubbles. There's a slight difference but if I only have an SMS or a BBM and not both it's nowhere near as easy to tell which one at a quick glance if the phone is locked and therefore the red * isn't showing at the time on the appropriate sms or bbm icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD