i think i will hold off for now.. apps + browser > speed... since the bold is already super fast.
    04-10-09 02:28 AM
    The browser works, it just starts as media net

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 02:33 AM
    The browser works, it just starts as media net

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine doesnt have a media net option.. its on internet browser for me..
    04-10-09 02:35 AM
    Overall I'd say it was worth the peek.. I'm reverting to 4.6 im going to heed bla1ze's advice and downgrade.. awesome to look forward to... cant blieve how fast I can scroll through pics..
    04-10-09 02:37 AM
    I gotta agree. Scrolling through the pics was very very fast.
    04-10-09 02:39 AM
    Where is that link to downgrade again? LoL
    04-10-09 02:40 AM
    Lol good question.. I just did a lazy downgrade... uninstalled the 5.0 and just ran apploader again.. lol.. usually for some reason it bricks my fone and ends up wiping anyways.. haha
    04-10-09 02:41 AM
    berrybuzz works.
    04-10-09 02:42 AM
    most of my programs worked but the Os is obviously unfinished. Browser is half run around working. Facebook and myspace woudlnt show up. Web links werent all working properly. Fonts are too big for the Bold screen still even on size 7, the lowest you can go.

Had my first random reset ever on BB

Overall a nice peek into whats coming but more alpha than a beta build
    04-10-09 02:45 AM
    most of my programs worked but the Os is obviously unfinished. Browser is half run around working. Facebook and myspace woudlnt show up. Web links werent all working properly. Fonts are too big for the Bold screen still even on size 7, the lowest you can go.

Had my first random reset ever on BB

Overall a nice peek into whats coming but more alpha than a beta build
    I found all the fonts to be smaller than usual if anything :|
    04-10-09 02:48 AM
    You really wanna go from what is probably the most stable OS on the Bold to what could be one of the more buggy builds of 5.0?

Random reboots
    Incompatible applications (even basic apps)
    Dropped calls

Go ahead, the only reason anyone would update to this is to get a look at it, just to say they have it lol, and then downgrade it cause after 3 days it will drive ya nuts.
    Cool. Sticking with .247.

Thanks.
    04-10-09 02:52 AM
    I found all the fonts to be smaller than usual if anything :|
    well more so in things like BBM a lot more scrolling required to see your list. Also all the lil gray boxes expand the menus vertically making for more scrolling

I can see how these things are good for touchscreens like the Storm but it ends up being a lot more scrolling for us on screens that are much smaller and longer horizontally than vertically like the storm.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-10-09 at 02:56 AM.
    04-10-09 02:53 AM
    well more so in things like BBM a lot more scrolling required to see your list.
    **** i forgot to look at bbm.. u mind taking a screenshot?
    04-10-09 02:54 AM
    already downgrading sorry, im sure someone else can though

5.0 just isnt ready for full time use IMO yet, although promising
    04-10-09 03:00 AM
    Oh my goodness......what a waste of time upgrading to 5.0 was. Now I'm having to downgrade and it takes forever!! Dag nabit!
    04-10-09 03:09 AM
    stuaw11......how are you downgrading?
    04-10-09 03:09 AM
    after reading all of the post and weighing the pron and cons i think that i will wait. .247 has been a gem for me and I have only had one reboot. So I am going to have to stay with what i know works and never given me any real problems. Thank to all that did the hard part for me.
    04-10-09 03:15 AM
    Hey ya'll!

I'm posting a link on how to get back to .247 or whatever OS you had before 5.0

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...nstall-201405/
    04-10-09 03:18 AM
    Here's the link again:
    Link
    04-10-09 03:23 AM
    You really wanna go from what is probably the most stable OS on the Bold to what could be one of the more buggy builds of 5.0?

Random reboots
    Dropped calls

Go ahead, the only reason anyone would update to this is to get a look at it, just to say they have it lol, and then downgrade it cause after 3 days it will drive ya nuts.

.247 the most stable OS? the only stable one out there is the one the came wth my phone. .162. Since upgrading a lot of my today features, calendar... and a few other niggly bits havent worked and i have yet to find a solution...

Instead of all these litle leaks i wish the company would just focus on one OS which is actually capable of being released as a retail version
    04-10-09 03:23 AM
    .247 the most stable OS? the only stable one out there is the one the came wth my phone. .162. Since upgrading a lot of my today features, calendar... and a few other niggly bits havent worked and i have yet to find a solution...

Instead of all these litle leaks i wish the company would just focus on one OS which is actually capable of being released as a retail version
    I think you're confused... that's what a beta or release candidates are...
    04-10-09 03:25 AM
    how about memory with 5.0? better?

d
    04-10-09 03:39 AM
    how about memory with 5.0? better?

d
    bout the same
    04-10-09 03:45 AM
    5.0 for bold, for 8900, i hope also for 8220 since it also runs o4.6 currently! haha.
    04-10-09 04:04 AM

Random reboots
    Dropped calls

agreed... fun to play with, but definitely not to keeper
    confirmed apps that work:
    weathereye
    bluectrl
    google maps
    google sync
    speedtest
    google mobile app (sorta works)
    bolt browser
    blackberry app world
    gmail mobile app

apps that isnt working or glitchy: