I have tried everything and still cannot get the new OS on my 9530. I downloaded the application file from crackberry's page, but the OS does not show up on the desktop mananger and I cannot find the alx file to install it through RIMs Loader. please help me!
    12-21-09 08:53 PM
    did you try uninstalling the Version 5.0 from the add/remove programs, and then go into Desktop manager and install from the app loader, but do an update...then do the advanced option and you should be able to select 4.6 or even another version of 5.0
    12-22-09 12:35 PM
    I have tried everything and still cannot get the new OS on my 9530. I downloaded the application file from crackberry's page, but the OS does not show up on the desktop mananger and I cannot find the alx file to install it through RIMs Loader. please help me!
    Once you downloaded it did you install the OS to your PC? After it is installed you need to make sure you delete the vendor file which is in app loader.
    12-22-09 12:41 PM
    Once you downloaded it did you install the OS to your PC? After it is installed you need to make sure you delete the vendor file which is in app loader.
    to follow up on what sting5566 said...go to this directory
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

and find vendor.xml file.........DELETE IT
    12-22-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD