Can someone point me to where I can find the browser fix for OS 5.0.0.411. Tried a search and could not find.

Thanks.
    12-22-09 05:24 PM
    Can someone point me to where I can find the browser fix for OS 5.0.0.411. Tried a search and could not find.

Thanks.
    Search already! Its very very easy to find.

But its Christmas (almost), so here it is....

BB OS 5.0 Browser Fix for AT&T - PinStack.com
    12-22-09 05:39 PM
    I did this and now my browser is there but it will never load a page unless I open uo the medianet browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 06:38 PM
    I should have noted that I'm looking for Rogers service books.
    12-22-09 06:56 PM
    I did this and now my browser is there but it will never load a page unless I open uo the medianet browser

If the browser is there, the fix worked. The reason pages aren't loading for you is because BIS is down for just about everyone right now.

12-23-09 03:54 AM
    I should have noted that I'm looking for Rogers service books.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/tro...-5-0-a-386977/

Here u can find a way to backup your service books and do the browser fix but u must downgrade to 4.6
    12-23-09 05:23 AM
    it's not that my browser is not showing, it's not loading normal pages that i use when i had a legit ATT OS like 4.6. i keep getting that choice to use X Portal, etc. do i still need to that the browser fix for those problems too?

thanks
    01-04-10 06:31 PM
    Awesome! It worked for me. Thanks for your help.
    01-05-10 01:54 PM
    @Phil: no. The reason the browser fix is necessary is that service books need to be present before the browser daemon file is installed or the OS won't recognize it. If you're not missing the browser, it has to be a setting or network issue.

01-06-10 01:01 AM
    thanks digitalb0y, i was wondering what was going on with my browser. i think its because it isn't an official ATT OS so its not working smoothly through their carrier maybe? everything works perfect on .411 except the browser thing. i'm still trying to get used to using bolt instead.
    01-06-10 10:55 AM
    thanks digitalb0y, i was wondering what was going on with my browser. i think its because it isn't an official ATT OS so its not working smoothly through their carrier maybe? everything works perfect on .411 except the browser thing. i'm still trying to get used to using bolt instead.
    Well, I don't know exactly what to suggest, but I'm using .411 on an AT&T Bold for the fifth or sixth week in a row with no problems. How are your browser options set?

01-06-10 04:45 PM
    I haven't touched settings at all

01-06-10 07:16 PM
    If the pages are slow to load, I'd recommend going to Browser Options>Browser Configuration>unchecking Support JavaScript. If you need script for a page, you'll still get a prompt asking you to enable it for that page only.
    01-06-10 08:03 PM
    I have tried the fix several times but the point I get stuck at is after dropping the service book files into the left hand side of DM - I am unable to toss it to the right side. the >> arrow is greyed out. Any suggestions??
    01-07-10 06:54 AM
    I have tried the fix several times but the point I get stuck at is after dropping the service book files into the left hand side of DM - I am unable to toss it to the right side. the >> arrow is greyed out. Any suggestions??
    Is you phone still connected to the PC?
    01-12-10 07:58 AM
    I have run into this same problem too . . . and yes, my phone is still connected to the PC.
    01-12-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD