After two days I downgraded back to 4.7. 5.0 gave me way better SMS and camera and much speed BUT:

MMS is broken (even worse, MMS is already bad enough) - pictures are scaled to postage stamp size.

PRL gets lost and reset to 0 each restart. I dunno if it was actually losing the PRL or if it was a cosmetic issue, but I didn't want to find myself out of state with no PRL! (The PRL is what the phone uses to acquire service off your home SID)

And here's the big kicker - far less reliable data service with many more drops to 1X.
    personally i haven't noticed any MMS issues. however, i'm curious about PRL... where do i find this setting so i can check to make sure mine isn't affected?

and THANK YOU for mentioning the data service issue!! i thought i was just being too picky, but i COMPLETELY agree... data service is constantly going in and out. sometimes it will drop to 1X, or sometimes it will stay on EVDO but lose all bars and stop responding. it usually corrects itself, but it's a huge pain in the *** because it causes a ton of problems in the facebook app!

i've considered rolling back to 4.7, but i just love threaded SMS so much... does that make me crazy?
    12-09-09 10:17 PM
    I've noticed some changes from 4.7 t0 5.0 in regards to the media player.

In 4.7, you were able to put the phone on standby mode and still change the volume, and track. After the upgrade, you can only access those functions if the phone is locked.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes, the music will stop playing and I would have to pause and play in order to get the music going. Anyone else experience these?
    i'm not sure about how the media player functioned on 4.7 -- at the time i wasn't using the standby option. (the only reason i do now is so it doesn't activate my password immediately)

however, i do have the other problem with the media player -- sometimes the music just seems to freeze. if i remember correctly, this happened on 4.7 and i'd have to reboot to get any sound back, including ringers. at least now you can just stop and start to get it back!
    12-09-09 10:21 PM
    today i decided that i've finally had enough of the internet problems with the 5.0 leak. while at work today, the facebook app, browser and blackberry app world were all functioning slowly due to the ins/outs of the data service. it breaks my heart to say goodbye to threaded SMS... truly. it is beautiful and RIM better hurry their asses up and release 5.0 for the tour so i can get it back! i just need a more stable OS because i often don't have time to wait for the internet connection to start working.

if there is a more stable leak of 5.0 out there, please let me know! otherwise i'll be impatiently waiting for the official release.
    12-22-09 06:00 PM
    today i decided that i've finally had enough of the internet problems with the 5.0 leak. while at work today, the facebook app, browser and blackberry app world were all functioning slowly due to the ins/outs of the data service. it breaks my heart to say goodbye to threaded SMS... truly. it is beautiful and RIM better hurry their asses up and release 5.0 for the tour so i can get it back! i just need a more stable OS because i often don't have time to wait for the internet connection to start working.

if there is a more stable leak of 5.0 out there, please let me know! otherwise i'll be impatiently waiting for the official release.
    you can always put the 7.14 hybrid over on top of it...
    12-22-09 06:53 PM
    unable to retreive text message its saying java.lang.nullpointerexception.

please email or pin me

[email protected]
    12-23-09 09:25 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD