Has anyone had any sms problems with 5.0? When I go to my address book to and go to the person I want to send an sms to. I hit send sms and it just goes to a blank screen with their name on top, then when I hit back it goes all the way back to the homescreen? does anyone know why its doing this or is this just one of those bugs?
    10-04-09 01:00 PM
    Yup-common bug, try a battery pull-pretty much all u can do to fix the issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 01:59 PM
    my tour auto locks now, how do i stop that with the 5.0.
    Quick pull light is not working but everything is working great. Really happy with the upgrade!
    10-04-09 05:02 PM
    my tour auto locks now, how do i stop that with the 5.0.
    Quick pull light is not working but everything is working great. Really happy with the upgrade!
    Options -> Autolock -> Disable.

Quick Pull won't work on 5.0.0.230 yet.
    10-04-09 05:25 PM
    Has anyone had any sms problems with 5.0? When I go to my address book to and go to the person I want to send an sms to. I hit send sms and it just goes to a blank screen with their name on top, then when I hit back it goes all the way back to the homescreen? does anyone know why its doing this or is this just one of those bugs?
    Happens to me too. Don't try from the contacts, instead go to the sms and mms icon and from there go to compose sms text and type the name of the person, should work

10-04-09 06:49 PM
    Is the OS 5.0 eventually going to be a wireless download. If not can someone explain how to download it. I'm in no way tech savvy. I feel as though I've accomplished a great deal just posting this.

10-05-09 07:13 AM
    My issue with SMS is that when a person sends me a text and i have the threat open with that partucular individual, the notifications both the LED and screenwise go away almost immediatelly.
    I have found myself checking for texts when i don't get notifications because of this.
    I am like one of those girls who have their bberrys in their hands at all times (Maybe all of them are having the same issue:P).
    10-05-09 09:13 AM
    hmmm idk if i hsould update
    10-05-09 10:30 AM
    I am having the same issue with text. When i go into the messages and compose an SMS message the issue goes away. I prefer to start a text from my contacts however it is not working for me at all. Hope that helps...
    10-05-09 11:11 AM
    I got a replacement yellow/green dot Tour on Friday from VZW. I was on the fence about updating, but since I was going to have to restore everything on the new phone anyway, I figured what the heck.

The only few bugs I've encountered are related to applications that can simulate a battery pull. Quickpull Lite/Pro don't work, and the reset function within Meterberry doesn't work.

A note on Meterberry...

If you have it installed before the update it will work, just make sure that you DO NOT try to do a reset or open the application permissions. I did this and the program no longer works. It will ask you to change its permissions every time, but the one you need to change to "Allow" is stuck on "Deny".
    10-05-09 11:23 AM
    Is the OS 5.0 eventually going to be a wireless download. If not can someone explain how to download it. I'm in no way tech savvy. I feel as though I've accomplished a great deal just posting this.

I recommend you read the 101 section on how to upgrade your BlackBerry. I wouldnt recommend you attempt this without reading up and haveing the correct knowledge on how to pursue this. It could seriously effect your phone if you dont do it properly.

Besides that, .230 has been nothing but a dream for me. The OS is very snappy and everything is working sweet. QuickPull dont work but eventually they will get around to pushing one out for OS 5.0. Slowly but surely were getting there.
    10-05-09 12:10 PM
    I got a replacement yellow/green dot Tour on Friday from VZW. I was on the fence about updating, but since I was going to have to restore everything on the new phone anyway, I figured what the heck.

The only few bugs I've encountered are related to applications that can simulate a battery pull. Quickpull Lite/Pro don't work, and the reset function within Meterberry doesn't work.

A note on Meterberry...

If you have it installed before the update it will work, just make sure that you DO NOT try to do a reset or open the application permissions. I did this and the program no longer works. It will ask you to change its permissions every time, but the one you need to change to "Allow" is stuck on "Deny".
    I am not experiencing this issue? I am running a hybrid but 5.0.0.230 is the base.
    10-05-09 12:21 PM
    What does quick pull get you that left alt + right shift + delete doesn't get you? I find on the Tour that it does a full reboot. Not like my old 8830 where it woudl do some quickie reboot which wouldn't solve whatever I was trying to fix with a reboot.
    10-05-09 12:22 PM

A note on Meterberry...

Ugghhhh. I wish I had read this yesterday... lol.
    10-06-09 01:12 PM
    What does quick pull get you that left alt + right shift + delete doesn't get you? I find on the Tour that it does a full reboot. Not like my old 8830 where it woudl do some quickie reboot which wouldn't solve whatever I was trying to fix with a reboot.
    I find that if I use alt/right shift/delete to reset on 5.0.0.230, my sound profile settings for 3rd party apps get reset every time... anybody else have this issue?
    10-06-09 01:13 PM
    My issue with SMS is that when a person sends me a text and i have the threat open with that partucular individual, the notifications both the LED and screenwise go away almost immediatelly.
    I have found myself checking for texts when i don't get notifications because of this.
    I am like one of those girls who have their bberrys in their hands at all times (Maybe all of them are having the same issue:P).
    Yeah I'm having the same problem. I thought it had to do with BerryBuzz but maybe not. I didn't notice that it was happening when I had that persons thread open- I'm gonna moniter that next time.
    10-06-09 06:07 PM
    The main thing for me would be the rebooting overnight. Thanks for the tip about alt-rightshift-del. I didn't know about that.
    10-09-09 06:49 AM

Quick Pull "worked" for me this morning and by worked I mean it made my Tour do funny things.....lol
    10-09-09 08:47 AM

I installed 5.0.0.230 today and QuickPull Lite worked.....
    10-09-09 09:18 AM
    Anyone getting Weathbug to work with .230? Not running on mine nor is Quick pull light. Tried battery pull to no avail.
    11-10-09 08:25 PM
    No probs for me with .230 runs like a champ for me.

11-10-09 08:27 PM
    I don't have the SMS issue that you guys are coming up with. I did it the same way you guys did. Contacts > Choose Contact > Berry Button > Send SMS > and then it goes to a SMS screen and I can type away.

I honestly have so few problems that I may not even do the official 5.0 when it comes out haha. The ONLY problem I've come across is that once or twice a week it'll freeze up for like 5-10 seconds, but then it continues on doing what it was doing.
    11-10-09 09:00 PM
    mine seems to reboot every time i use it. if i don't touch it it will stay for hours but with in 2 min of using it reboots its self.
    11-10-09 09:29 PM
    Anyone else having calendar sync options with DM? I've had no look and think I've tried about everything. Went to google sync and love it but I would like to know why it aint working.

11-10-09 10:09 PM
    Anyone else having calendar sync options with DM? I've had no look and think I've tried about everything. Went to google sync and love it but I would like to know why it aint working.

check your options while you're in the google sync app. i've noticed that when you install an upgrade, new OS, etc that the program resets. even after you enter your user name and password, you need to open the options menu and make sure the boxes are checked for 'sync contacts' and/or 'sync calendar'.
    11-10-09 10:21 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD