so i woke up this morning to a Crucial Xtreme posting that he had the great gift of battery life for the 9700, in build .435 so i quickly booted up my computer to come find the download......well its a tease its out there and hes got it but we have to wait

So here is me sitting in the waiting thread for the new .435!
    12-27-09 07:29 AM
    i guess ill camp out too. pass the smores....
    Last edited by dictoresno; 12-27-09 at 07:35 AM.
    12-27-09 07:32 AM
    He also teased about .436 for the storm 2 and I haven't seen that one yet either.
    12-27-09 07:48 AM
    so i woke up this morning to a Crucial Xtreme posting that he had the great gift of battery life for the 9700, in build .435 so i quickly booted up my computer to come find the download......well its a tease its out there and hes got it but we have to wait

So here is me sitting in the waiting thread for the new .435!
    Let me clear up something, I didn't post that to tease everyone. I posted it for informational purposes so people can know what to expect with the coming builds, know what's fixed and what isn't, etc. Not to tease, I promise. I'm not sure if this build will leak or not, but you all always know newer firmware is coming so don't fret.
    12-27-09 07:50 AM
    I can't recall hearing of too many numbers that we hear of that don't eventually leak...not wanting to put a curse on that trend or anything...now there have been many that we've all wanted to stay clear of

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 07:56 AM
    I ran the post through a special filter... look what I found...

Let me clear up something, I didn't post that to tease everyone. I posted it for informational purposes so people can know what to expect with the coming builds (hahaha I have it and you don't!!), know what's fixed and what isn't (you all wish you had this!!), etc. Not to tease (want this leak? Want it? Can't have it!!!), I promise. I'm not sure if this build will leak or not (I have it! I have it now!!), but you all always know newer firmware is coming so don't fret (too bad, so sad!).

12-27-09 08:15 PM
    I ran the post through a special filter... look what I found...

LOOL, funny guy. No seriously man, I've been around far too long to be on any "I have it and you don't" type stuff. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not like that. They also know I'm not at liberty to just share anything I have. My family is too important for that. So I only try and help CrackBerry Nation out and let them know what to expect and know what they can look forward to. Nothing more nothing less, other than helping people when they're in a jam with their device.

Let me also say that only about 25-35% of all of the OS versions built actually leak to the public. Of course all builds submitted to Partners find their way into the wild. The others, never do.
    12-27-09 09:12 PM
    whats good in the new os for the bold?
    12-27-09 09:13 PM
    crucial: Do you have any idea why the builds for the blackberry tour 9630 after .230 have been so unstable and most other devices are seeing workable builds (ie 9000, 8900, 9700 etc..) Not asking for a leak or begging, just wanted to know if you knew why the builds for the tour have been unstable
    12-27-09 09:42 PM
    crucial: Do you have any idea why the builds for the blackberry tour 9630 after .230 have been so unstable and most other devices are seeing workable builds (ie 9000, 8900, 9700 etc..) Not asking for a leak or begging, just wanted to know if you knew why the builds for the tour have been unstable
    It happens with all devices. Except most people don't leak crappy software and I think those that do, didn't really know before hand. With the 9630, you all are only seeing a small piece of the puzzle. The latest 9630 firmware is right on time. Works very well.

12-27-09 10:58 PM
    Hey CX

whats going to be new / improved in the new bold os? and when can we expect it to be released?
    12-28-09 08:46 AM
    Bold 9700 owners are greedy... They have more leaks than any other device, there hasn't been a single unstable build and yet they still want more. Typical

12-28-09 09:34 AM
    i guess ill camp out too. pass the smores....
    good call. anyone bring the hot chocolate?
    12-28-09 10:00 AM
    Bold 9700 owners are greedy... They have more leaks than any other device, there hasn't been a single unstable build and yet they still want more. Typical
    You had the choice to own one... but you chose an 8900 and a couple of bricks
    12-28-09 10:26 AM
    The newest firmware for the 9000 is .417. As for the 9700 getting lots of leaks.... Its a popular device and many people use it. To try and predict what leakers will and won't leak is impossible. And why they do what they do, who knows. But everyone should be grateful for any leak, because obviously it was never meant to see the light of day in the public arena. Keep it in perspective.

12-28-09 11:03 AM
    cx: in your opinion, do you think the os for the tour 9630 is being held back for the release of the essex 9650?

I just wonder why something 5.0 official hasn't been released and thought it had to do with the essex releasing sometime in the near future
    12-28-09 01:24 PM
    cx, (I am probably answering my own question here but just in case I'm not) is it within the realm of non-disclosure to share which carriers are testing these builds as well as what improvements to expect with them?

12-28-09 02:32 PM
    cx, (I am probably answering my own question here but just in case I'm not) is it within the realm of non-disclosure to share which carriers are testing these builds as well as what improvements to expect with them?
    +1 for that info

It was very handy to know that .405 had been tweaked for AT&T users, so I could stear clear of it

It would be great to know which upcoming builds my carrier (Vodafone UK) was testing, as I seem to have very poor reception problems with US tweaked official OS's.
    12-28-09 03:15 PM
    +1 for that info

It was very handy to know that .405 had been tweaked for AT&T users, so I could stear clear of it

It would be great to know which upcoming builds my carrier (Vodafone UK) was testing, as I seem to have very poor reception problems with US tweaked official OS's.
    And conversely I have found .415, .421, & .423 to be frustrating wastes of my time. (although the knowledge that AT&T was NOT testing them didn't seem to deter me...)

12-28-09 03:42 PM
    And conversely I have found .415, .421, & .423 to be frustrating wastes of my time. (although the knowledge that AT&T was NOT testing them didn't seem to deter me...)

At&t may spend a couple of weeks testing a OS. They were testing .405 while all the other OS's came about so At&t will never have a chance to test every OS. By the time the finish testing one, something much newer is already available to partners.
    12-28-09 03:47 PM
    At&t may spend a couple of weeks testing a OS. They were testing .405 while all the other OS's came about so At&t will never have a chance to test every OS. By the time the finish testing one, something much newer is already available to partners.
    So is there any way to find out What they (or any other carrier) are testing?

12-29-09 02:19 PM
    So is there any way to find out What they (or any other carrier) are testing?

No way unless somebody who has inside info spills the info
    12-29-09 03:34 PM
    No way unless somebody who has inside info spills the info
    As Garz said, if someone in the know spills it, then people will know. But 99% of the time people have no clue what a carrier's testing until after it's released or right before release.
    12-29-09 05:15 PM
    hey C_X

what bug fixes are in .417? for the bold
    12-29-09 05:40 PM
    So .435 better than .423 for battery life? I'll bring marshmallows :-P

12-29-09 09:40 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD