i have yet to find out a bug in this version.. its simply remarkable
    anyone who hasn't updated to .230 or if you already have .230.. get this

the lag issues that some .230 caused on some phones is completely gone
    everything is smooth

i cant praise this leaked version enough

tl;dr
    GET IT
    01-05-10 11:01 AM
    How long have you been using it? I have heard that there's an annoying bug where the phone receives an activation e-mail each time you reboot?
    01-05-10 11:07 AM
    I have it, its great and easy to install for a 1st timer. I used the BBSAK program, very simple.

Only problem I am having is syncing to BBDM now. It keeps giving me an error and doesn't sync.

Also the yahoo email icon is gone, it's just a regular email icon now, no biggie.

Anyone else have this problem?

thanks
    Bob
    01-05-10 11:09 AM
    How long have you been using it? I have heard that there's an annoying bug where the phone receives an activation e-mail each time you reboot?
    It might be a Sprint thing only.
    01-05-10 11:12 AM
    I am on .230 and although I have already downloaded the OS, I am adopting a "wait a while more and see the feedback" before installing. Hopefully its all good as acetycholine says it is! I'll probably give it one more week.
    01-05-10 11:14 AM
    It might be a Sprint thing only.
    From what I know, it is...
    01-05-10 11:16 AM
    I get the registration error as well. That seems to be my only "complaint". oh as well as the bbm/sms linkage.. im not too fond of that feature either
    01-05-10 11:26 AM
    the registration email is not a big deal, the os has been smooth and blazing fast for me so far, will report back with errors (if any)
    01-05-10 11:32 AM
    I haven't found any bugs either, except for the registration email on start up. Waiting to see how the battery holds up today... Everything including the radio seems to be good so far.
    01-05-10 11:37 AM
    I get the registration error as well. That seems to be my only "complaint". oh as well as the bbm/sms linkage.. im not too fond of that feature either
    BBM/SMS linkage? Care to elaborate?
    01-05-10 11:38 AM
    I want it official on Telus as soon as possible! Or a 42x version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 11:42 AM
    where do you get this down load.
    Cosmetic issue, but transparency is missing from the menus and OS prompts. Not really a bad thing, but I always felt the transparency was a nice touch.
    Downloads and browsing also seem to be slow, but that could be because I am spoiled by the Droid.
    01-05-10 11:44 AM
    I love it. I have had no issues with anything. Very fast, very smooth. The colored SMS alert icon is a nice touch, as the 5.0 build sms icon looks similar to the bbm icon at fist glance.

I am no longer at wits end with my phone. Thank you.

B
    01-05-10 11:46 AM
    Starting to find some issues:
    -Can't sync with BB Desktop Manager
    -Took a picture, can't find it anywhere
    -Can't play video's

So far this is all I have run into. Can anyone shed some light on this?

**UPDATE**
    Ok, just did ANOTHER battery pull and the Camera is working and video's are playing.

Still can not sync with desktop manager.
    Thanks
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob_B; 01-05-10 at 12:00 PM.
    01-05-10 11:54 AM
    Starting to find some issues:
    -Can't sync with BB Desktop Manager
    -Took a picture, can't find it anywhere
    -Can't play video's

So far this is all I have run into. Can anyone shed some light on this?

**UPDATE**
    Ok, just did ANOTHER battery pull and the Camera is working and video's are playing.

Still can not sync with desktop manager.
    Thanks
    Bob
    Werid all these seem to be working fine on my device...
    only bug I have is the registration email when I boot but thats no biggie... speaking about boot my phone is booting up in just under 3 minutes... awesome
    01-05-10 12:17 PM
    Werid all these seem to be working fine on my device...
    only bug I have is the registration email when I boot but thats no biggie... speaking about boot my phone is booting up in just under 3 minutes... awesome
    You can sync with DTM?
    01-05-10 12:19 PM
    Syncs with DM no problem. I havent had any any issues with it. And i do agree that the 5.0 os is pretty solid. I usually dont download leaked OS updates but im glad i did this one. The reboot time is a nice too. Mine used to take up to 8 mins to reboot.
    01-05-10 12:21 PM
    You can sync with DTM?
    Syncing as I type... everything is syncing
    01-05-10 12:23 PM
    Damn, so tempted!!
    01-05-10 12:26 PM
    Damn, so tempted!!
    I take it you didnt take the jump into the .230 leak?... Well You should on this one dimm0k, its a nice improvement..
    01-05-10 12:28 PM
    Everything syncs perfect, i have found zero flaws so far, a big improvement over .230
    would recommend to all tour users
    01-05-10 12:53 PM
    I can't get the predictive text to go away even after i have checked the box to stop it. I hate predictive text. No point to it with full keyboard phone. Other than that everything is great with this build. I don't get the registration error on boot ups. Battery life is great and boot up time is faster than .230. Only thing i would like to see fixed is how long it takes to charge this phone. 2 hours from 50%. thats just rediculous.
    01-05-10 01:23 PM
    It gets an A+ from me so far...
    01-05-10 01:36 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD