is there a hybrid version where in sms message the call back number doesn't show up?

Its minor but that bugs me.
    Yea, text someone that doesn't have Verizon service!

Haha jk, but seriously, it only shows up when you SMS verizon ppl and no, I have not seen a .4xx hybrid for the 9630 where this is not present. Someone please correct me if they have.
    01-08-10 01:59 PM

Haha jk, but seriously, it only shows up when you SMS verizon ppl and no, I have not seen a .4xx hybrid for the 9630 where this is not present. Someone please correct me if they have.

hahaa..yeah, I noticed that it only shows up with other verizon people that I text.
    01-08-10 03:05 PM
    It's shows up for me with other Sprint users.
    01-08-10 03:27 PM
    Call me stupid, but does it matter to have the 3G symbol? aren't you getting the same data speeds and service whether the icon says 3G or not?

I'm running 419 without any hybrid at the moment. Whats most important to me is having solid signal strength, like other verizon phones tend to have, and my tour lacks. Is there any build that creeps in this direction?

Cliff
    01-08-10 04:07 PM

I haven't seen a callback # when texting back/forth with verizon ppl. Haven't sent/rec'd any from non-VZW ppl yet since on .419.
    01-08-10 06:07 PM
    That is incorrect. In actuality, Sprint refers to their network as 3G while verizon refers to theirs as EVDO, or rather 1XEV. However, in the world of hybrids/leaks, I'm fairly confident that this does not matter. I've found that sprint and verizon users are capable of showing both symbols depending on what hybrid/leak they are running. It appears this symbol is tied to a java .cod or even a .alx file, however we have been unable to identify which file it is yet.

Moral of the story is, it does not matter whether you have Sprint or VZW, it matter what build you are running on your phone.
    I still get 1XEV with this hybrid (419/411), oh well, don't really care. Just hope this hybrid treats me right.
    01-08-10 09:09 PM
    Call me stupid, but does it matter to have the 3G symbol? aren't you getting the same data speeds and service whether the icon says 3G or not?

I'm running 419 without any hybrid at the moment. Whats most important to me is having solid signal strength, like other verizon phones tend to have, and my tour lacks. Is there any build that creeps in this direction?

Cliff
    Yes and no. The speed is the same but I've never heard Big Red bragging about the size of their 1XEV coverage area.
    01-08-10 09:47 PM
    419/423 changes it back to 3G
    Yup. Enjoying 419/423 so far. Missed the 3G when running .428 Java. Plus so far .423 is working a little better than .428 did for me. I would like to figure out how to install the 411 hybrid though.
    Last edited by veevans01; 01-08-10 at 11:22 PM.
    01-08-10 10:37 PM
    9630 419/411 Hybrid
    It's pretty straight forward, just a complete folder swap. I would prefer to isolate the one file that controls the 3G icon and only install that and run as .419. But that's a lot of files if you're just guessing at which 1 it is.
    01-09-10 12:51 AM
    if you guys want the best hybrid to me thats out....head to bbhybrids and get 1_2 Manny;s hybrid with the 419/421...crazy fast, no 3rd party themes white screen, browser very fast and more!
    01-09-10 01:23 AM
    if you guys want the best hybrid to me thats out....head to bbhybrids and get 1_2 Manny;s hybrid with the 419/421...crazy fast, no 3rd party themes white screen, browser very fast and more!
    Can u please explain how to download the file cause its a different process from the normal hybrid process. When I try to download it takes me to a web page and I'm lost from there.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 10:03 AM
    well you download the file that is in the link and when you download the files, its on simple Java folder, once the download it complete, you navigate to the loader files and then delete the Java folder thats in there and copy and paste the one that you just downloaded and then you shrink and the load.
    01-09-10 10:38 AM
    well you download the file that is in the link and when you download the files, its on simple Java folder, once the download it complete, you navigate to the loader files and then delete the Java folder thats in there and copy and paste the one that you just downloaded and then you shrink and the load.
    Ok I got it up and running. Some of the other new hybrids people created I wanted to try but I don't know how to download the file to my pc it takes me to a web page then I just get lost the megaload and the rapidshare is different.

01-09-10 02:48 PM
    DoOn't you have to wipe the device before loading too - I'm debaitng whether to do this as the only real probele I have is the white screen- (althigh the battery leak is MAY be a problem but it looks like it is stabilizing) .

I'm really trying to avoid the time necessary to re-load/ arrange/ register icons/ folders / apps

F
    01-09-10 04:06 PM
    Are there any .419 hybrids that dont break the VAD, .423 runs good on my phone except for VAD.
    01-09-10 05:55 PM
    01-09-10 06:45 PM
    DoOn't you have to wipe the device before loading too - I'm debaitng whether to do this as the only real probele I have is the white screen- (althigh the battery leak is MAY be a problem but it looks like it is stabilizing) .

I'm really trying to avoid the time necessary to re-load/ arrange/ register icons/ folders / apps
    Ya im pretty sure you have to completely wipe your bb then reload the modified os all over again. I downloaded Driphter's hybrid which is also just a java folder and i tried just loading it without wiping my bb and nothing changed. I think the thing is is that app loader doesnt realize that you have changed out the java folder so therefore the entire os has to be wiped and reloaded. I havent gotten it done yet on mine because i didnt have the time to reinstall the whole os so for now im running .419/.423. Gonna try it out for a couple days and see how it runs.
    01-10-10 01:40 AM
    I just downloaded the .419/.421 hybrid, but I can't figure out how to open it up...it's a .rar file. Where do I go from here? Thanks, sorry if this is common knowledge with you hybrid fellows.
    01-13-10 05:20 PM
    I just downloaded the .419/.421 hybrid, but I can't figure out how to open it up...it's a .rar file. Where do I go from here? Thanks, sorry if this is common knowledge with you hybrid fellows.
    the file needs to be unzipped. I find it easiest to unzip on to the desktop. After unzipping it, it should appear as a folder on desktop. then it's ready to be dragged in loader folder after you delete the original .419 java folder
    01-13-10 07:20 PM
    Download WinRar.... google it.... that will help you unzip it unless you have other unzipping software
    01-13-10 10:35 PM
    the file needs to be unzipped. I find it easiest to unzip on to the desktop. After unzipping it, it should appear as a folder on desktop. then it's ready to be dragged in loader folder after you delete the original .419 java folder
    Download WinRar.... google it.... that will help you unzip it unless you have other unzipping software
    Ok thanks guys, got it done. I loaded the hybrid and everything seems to work-it say I'm running: v5.0.0421 (Platform 4.2.0.179) I'll run it for a while and see what happens. Oh and just to add to the 1XEV/3G debate - mine is showing 1XEV and I'm on us cell.
    01-14-10 11:27 AM
    Hey what does #4357* mean?
    01-14-10 04:31 PM
    Hey what does #4357* mean?
    It is just a shortcut, most people use it to view their current PRL settings.

01-14-10 07:49 PM
    It is just a shortcut, most people use it to view their current PRL settings.
    Cool! I never knew that...
    01-14-10 08:36 PM
    How's Dv2 working out for everyone?
    01-15-10 01:00 PM
147 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD