I was using 5v8 for about 2 weeks. I've been using Dv2 lately and I must say the internet is extremely fast, especially when using Opera 5.2. I have also noticed and improvement with data speeds in other apps as well such as weatherbug and facebook. Everything is a little snappier. I think I'm gonna ride with this one for a while.
    01-20-10 04:18 PM
    I was using 5v8 for about 2 weeks. I've been using Dv2 lately and I must say the internet is extremely fast, especially when using Opera 5.2. I have also noticed and improvement with data speeds in other apps as well such as weatherbug and facebook. Everything is a little snappier. I think I'm gonna ride with this one for a while.

I agree with Dv2 and Opera beta - real nice.
    01-20-10 04:31 PM
    That doesn't seem to help?!?

I took my Tour to the office (which runs XP) and wiped it successfully with BBSAK. I had a **** of a time getting Dv2 or the official MTS builds on there since I was getting all kinds of errors of unrecognized OS's and "missing files" with the Dv2 build. Finally, I put the actual Telus OS 4.7 build on and then upgraded to the MTS build. I'd have rather tried Dv2 or 1_2 Many's...

Any input?
    Yeah same thing happened to me, more or less. I was on 4.7, then upgraded to the leaked a couple days ago, all went fine, then tried the 1_2 many hybrid and I got a 523 error, i tried a lot of things but i got pretty much the same error as you, I had to start all over with 4.7 from Bell, then MTS 419, this is where I'm at right now... Too bad since I really wanted that hybrid, but oh well.
    01-20-10 06:55 PM
    Yea, stock themes are not the problem.. its a 3rd party theme. The "fix" is to load a stock theme, change the wallpaper to what you want to see on the apps screen, then change back to your 3rd party theme. However this 'fix' gets unfixed on reboot.

I thought I had seen a post of a hybrid that does not have this problem with 3rd party themes, but cannot find it again.
    I had this exact same problem with 419- straight, Hybrid8 and now dv 2- supposedly here is a fix (found at bbhybrids.net) with something called .412 hybrid over .423 (by swapping JAVA files)- but I have not tried it- it gets tiring re-loading and registering/configuring apps!

So I live with this fix wheever I re-boot!

F
    01-20-10 06:58 PM
    You mention something about a radio? Does this mean it has a radio that comes installed with the hybrid? Or is it something different?
    Also, if you install a hybrid version and don't like it, can you change back to the version you are currently running?
    01-20-10 08:05 PM
    anyone have a direct link to download 419. i need it, of course, to install the hybrid i just downloaded from 1st link in the o.p. of this thread.

actually, found a link that points to MTS offical rls of 419. this the right file i need ?

Software For BlackBerry� Tour (TM) 9630 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.674 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.674
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.419
    * Software Platform: 4.2.0.179
    * File name: 9630AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel674_PL4.2.0.179_A5.0.0.419_MT S_Mobility.exe
    * File size: 100.96MB

this is ok even tho i have verizon, correct?
    Last edited by webmastir; 01-20-10 at 09:39 PM.
    01-20-10 09:37 PM
    anyone have a direct link to download 419. i need it, of course, to install the hybrid i just downloaded from 1st link in the o.p. of this thread.

actually, found a link that points to MTS offical rls of 419. this the right file i need ?

Software For BlackBerry� Tour (TM) 9630 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.674 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.674
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.419
    * Software Platform: 4.2.0.179
    * File name: 9630AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel674_PL4.2.0.179_A5.0.0.419_MT S_Mobility.exe
    * File size: 100.96MB

this is ok even tho i have verizon, correct?
    This is the one you want. It didn't have a vendor.xml file so you should be able to install it no problem. I'm on Telus and I had no problem installing it through DM.
    01-20-10 10:27 PM
    You mention something about a radio? Does this mean it has a radio that comes installed with the hybrid? Or is it something different?
    Also, if you install a hybrid version and don't like it, can you change back to the version you are currently running?
    When people usually refer to the radio of a BB, they typically are referring to the cdma.sfi file that is the core controls of a phone. It also controls necessary functions like the signal strength of your phone. Hence the "radio".

To your other question, you can ALWAYS downgrade or load something different up. Never worry about making changes that are irreversible, unless you do something without backing up your data.
    01-21-10 07:02 AM
    holy nuts, this is awesome.
    i've been running os5v7.11 hybrid for months now. i've just been lazy & never upgraded in a while. the problems i had n 7.11 had finally annoyed me enough to get out & update to another latest hybrid. glad to see quite a few fixes that i've been anticipating are now working as they should!

hope i have it loaded properly now. ..

says i' have --- 5.0.0.436 (706) -- platform: 4.2.0.179

btw, what is this Dv2 & Dv3 people are referring to? just another persons hybrid they've made?
    01-21-10 09:39 AM
    holy nuts, this is awesome.
    i've been running os5v7.11 hybrid for months now. i've just been lazy & never upgraded in a while. the problems i had n 7.11 had finally annoyed me enough to get out & update to another latest hybrid. glad to see quite a few fixes that i've been anticipating are now working as they should!

hope i have it loaded properly now. ..

says i' have --- 5.0.0.436 (706) -- platform: 4.2.0.179

btw, what is this Dv2 & Dv3 people are referring to? just another persons hybrid they've made?
    Seems like you are running one of Irtehun's .419 hybrid... with app version and platform your load went successful. Dv2, Dv3, and 1_2v2, etc are hybrids made by different users over at BBHybrids.net (Driphter and 1_2_many). They are very solid hybrids and utilize some additional files that are not in other hybrids.

Don't forget to give your phone a few days to settle in with the new OS and give it a few battery pulls.
    01-21-10 11:16 AM
    ya, it's Irtehun's. thx willyboy6 for posting this thread. made me remember i need to keep updating!
    01-21-10 01:22 PM
    Yea, stock themes are not the problem.. its a 3rd party theme. The "fix" is to load a stock theme, change the wallpaper to what you want to see on the apps screen, then change back to your 3rd party theme. However this 'fix' gets unfixed on reboot.

I thought I had seen a post of a hybrid that does not have this problem with 3rd party themes, but cannot find it again.
    I finally found a hybrid that apparently does not have the blank screen problem with the 3rd party themes. It is 1 2 Many's 3.0 which I loaded this morning... after 1st reboot (when I last got the white screen of angst) I rebooted 3 times and white screen was no longer (I am running RedZapper's 3G Tour theme http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/3g...r-free-293173/)

Unfortunately, 1 2 Many pulled his hybrids from bbhybrids.net and stated he will no longer be making them
    01-21-10 06:32 PM
    I finally found a hybrid that apparently does not have the blank screen problem with the 3rd party themes. It is 1 2 Many's 3.0 which I loaded this morning... after 1st reboot (when I last got the white screen of angst) I rebooted 3 times and white screen was no longer (I am running RedZapper's 3G Tour theme http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/3g...r-free-293173/)

Unfortunately, 1 2 Many pulled his hybrids from bbhybrids.net and stated he will no longer be making them
    how are you doing with sprint tv and the .419 radio? i just went back to .230 with .191 radio because sprint tv doesn't work correctly and more importantly the signal was all over the place. i tried all the hybrids but no success with these two issues. everything else worked incredible but if i'm having radio issues then there's no point. i'm really hoping something better than .419 radio comes out.
    01-21-10 06:39 PM
    I was about to try out on of 1 2 Many's hybrids when all of a sudden, POOF, they were gone, anyone know why he pulled?
    01-21-10 06:58 PM
    how are you doing with sprint tv and the .419 radio? i just went back to .230 with .191 radio because sprint tv doesn't work correctly and more importantly the signal was all over the place. i tried all the hybrids but no success with these two issues. everything else worked incredible but if i'm having radio issues then there's no point. i'm really hoping something better than .419 radio comes out.
    I've never ran SprintTV until now. Initially I got the welcome segment to play, then could not get anything else to work - including the said segment. Battery pull didn't do much, so no go. I haven't had radio issues, but what POd me is that VAD doesn't work again (won't let me go through voice adaptation). I need to replace VAD .cod with a working one and load it through BBSAK
    01-21-10 07:14 PM
    I was about to try out on of 1 2 Many's hybrids when all of a sudden, POOF, they were gone, anyone know why he pulled?
    There is a thread where he said that hybrids was too much work and he was not being compensated for it (not one donation). Have to agree with him there, too bad for us though.
    01-21-10 07:18 PM
    There is a thread where he said that hybrids was too much work and he was not being compensated for it (not one donation). Have to agree with him there, too bad for us though.
    ouch, yeah, I can def understand that. I mean seriously, how hard is it to sling a dollar or two at someone for making something useful? oh well
    01-21-10 07:24 PM
    In the meantime, I'd suggest trying one of Driphter's hybrids. They are really top notch and you will be amazed at how well your phone will run.
    01-22-10 07:27 AM
    installed the .419/.428 hybrid last night.... really liking it - definitely seems like my radio is a lot better. not too sure yet about battery life but hoping for improvement
    01-22-10 10:57 AM
    I have a tour 9630 that is running 4.7 out of the box..if I were to install an official 5.0 or a hybrid 5.0, I wouldn't be able to do a straight-up backup-restore bc the 4.7 settings would conflict w/ the 5.0, correct? I would hve to wipe, (copy the hybrid files over a clean 5.0, if I choose a hybrid), install the OS via apploader and then only restore my PIM info, correct?
    Thanks for the help in advance.

PS.
    If someone who ha actually experienced 4.7 and 5.0 could tell me what they liked better and why, I would def appreciate it. Thanks.
    01-22-10 03:31 PM
    Arte is correct. Full java refers to the fact that all the java files are changed in these hybrids, not just some as in other hybrids. Other hybrids mixed cods from many other leaks. These four are unique in that besides the necessary .419 modules they contain all cods from the other OS, and only that OS.
    Which is the true way to build a hybrid.
    01-22-10 03:43 PM
    In the meantime, I'd suggest trying one of Driphter's hybrids. They are really top notch and you will be amazed at how well your phone will run.
    I sent you a PM. TIA.
    01-23-10 11:09 AM
147 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD