I am running Dv2, I am very happy with it. I was running irtehun's .436 over .419 on my tour, and it seems the Dv2 is doing better for me than he other.
    01-16-10 11:58 PM
    I was running dv1 for a few says and it was awesome then i saw dv2 last night and all the good comments about it and couldnt resist so i installed that last night. This is by far the best my phone has run yet. Battery life is amazing, thats the main reason i upgraded from dv1 (even though it was already pretty good). I used my phone today for a couple calls, texting, a little web, facebook, and a couple other apps and its still at 90%! Everything runs smooth and fast, awesome work driphter, thank you for the great hybrid.
    01-17-10 12:11 AM
    installed dv2 last night and have not noticed a memory leak using all of the same programs i wasn't sure if it was a problem with beweather or facebook so i reinstalled each one separately and it doesn't seem to have affected the memory today, the only issue i have is that the signal seems to fluctuate badly at times, going from 5 bars to 0 and back and forth even though i havent moved, has anyone noticed this? otherwise VERY VERY HAPPY thank you driphter for the amazing hybrid
    01-17-10 08:23 AM
    So I've been running DV2 for a couple days now. After doing a wipe with BBSAK and doing the install as suggested by Driphter in the DV2 thread over at bbhybrids, here's what I've noticed. Keep in mind I have no "raw data", "measurements", or "stats", just things I have noticed in switching from 7v15 to DV2.....

Boot time is slighlty faster. 7v15 was quick, but this is a little quicker, maybe 20 seconds or so.
    The browser seems a little faster for me, but not really "blazing fast" when compared to 7v15 as far as page loading. However, much faster in screen rendering. That is, when I use the spacebar to scroll down a page, the "grey screen" is displayed for much less time than in 7v15.
    The signal is much, much more solid now. Probably the most steady signal I've had since dropping the stock OS it came with. I very rarely see it drop below 4 bars now, and if it does, its only a few seconds then right back to 4. I've yet to drop a single call, which happened a few times on 7v15. This one has an incredibly good signal.

The battery life is amazing! On 7v15, my battery would be pretty low by end of day. Now, I do browse a lot, sms txt, google maps, and talk on the phone a bit, so that in no way reflects on the batt life of 7v15, just establishing that I would use it heavily.
    Yesterday running on DV2, I pulled off the charger at 8am. Normal texting, a couple longer than normal phone calls, and above average web browsing which included an hour and a half "power browsing" session, my battery level finally went down to 21% at 11 at night!!!! That is, without a doubt, the best batt life I have experienced. I was literally trying to kill the batt during that "power browsing" session, and still had some to spare.

I've also noticed very little to no memory drop.

My hat is off to you Driphter. Once my home comp is up and running, I will be sure to send you a donation for your excellent work. Its going to be tough for RIM's official OS 5 to top DV2!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 10:26 AM
    I'm going to install Dv2 tonight. Which radio should I install? Any consensus there?
    01-18-10 12:48 PM
    I'm going to install Dv2 tonight. Which radio should I install? Any consensus there?
    Unless you want to revert back to .191 or .230 (which won't be pretty, good luck not bricking), then your only option on radio is .419.
    01-18-10 01:01 PM
    Unless you want to revert back to .191 or .230 (which won't be pretty, good luck not bricking), then your only option on radio is .419.
    Looking in SAOS and all I see are .140, .191 and .230? The rest or OS 4.7 radios. Am I missing something?
    01-18-10 01:15 PM
    Looking in SAOS and all I see are .140, .191 and .230? The rest or OS 4.7 radios. Am I missing something?
    Don't bother with any of them. That was a feature that was helpful before the latest leak released and much earlier than this as well. I wouldn't recommend trying to install any other radio other than .419.
    01-18-10 01:22 PM
    Don't bother with any of them. That was a feature that was helpful before the latest leak released and much earlier than this as well. I wouldn't recommend trying to install any other radio other than .419.
    So in the radio swap I set it to leave it? That will install the .419 radio?
    01-18-10 01:31 PM
    yes, you should not have to change any settings regarding the radio file.
    01-18-10 03:12 PM
    Ok, will give that a try and report back!

Thanks willy!
    01-18-10 03:38 PM
    .436 does not fix the SMS error.

-Stephen
    01-18-10 05:32 PM
    i used to have a curve 8330 running a 5.0.0.428 hybrid..just got a verizon tour and its running 4.7.1.61 right out of the box. Speed-wise, both navigating through the phone and data on the web, seems pretty quick to me, stability, etc is all very good..

point im getting to is that I cannot see a hybrid making the Tour THAT much faster..am i completely mistaken?
    01-18-10 10:55 PM
    I made the mistake of installing Windows 7 and I can't use BBSAK anymore! It won't recognize my Tour. BB Desktop Manager works fine. Any ideas?

01-18-10 11:24 PM
    I made the mistake of installing Windows 7 and I can't use BBSAK anymore! It won't recognize my Tour. BB Desktop Manager works fine. Any ideas?

I have windows 7 and BBSAK works fine for me?
    01-19-10 04:03 AM
    i used to have a curve 8330 running a 5.0.0.428 hybrid..just got a verizon tour and its running 4.7.1.61 right out of the box. Speed-wise, both navigating through the phone and data on the web, seems pretty quick to me, stability, etc is all very good..

point im getting to is that I cannot see a hybrid making the Tour THAT much faster..am i completely mistaken?
    You'd be surprised how much 5.0 will improve the performance of your phone.
    01-19-10 08:01 AM
    For the same reason you put the leak on your Curve! OS 5.0 is so much better, both from feature and speed standpoints. Even boot times are better. I say do it!
    01-19-10 09:38 AM
    I have windows 7 and BBSAK works fine for me?
    Not sure why it isn't working for me. It installs and executes, but doesn't see my Tour. Very strange.
    01-19-10 09:40 AM
    Not sure why it isn't working for me. It installs and executes, but doesn't see my Tour. Very strange.
    What version ? 1.7 ? That is what I'm using and it is working fine

Fred
    01-19-10 02:38 PM
    What version ? 1.7 ? That is what I'm using and it is working fine

Fred
    Yep. Not sure why it isn't working so I'm using BBSAK on my work computer to wipe it and installing Dv2 as we speak (type?).
    01-19-10 02:48 PM
    Installed Dv2 last night after running 5v8(.12) for a week... cant say much is different... Got the 3G symbol back which is cool... but was surprised that it didn't fix the white background bug on the apps screen. I don't reset my tour very often so its not a huge deal, but is there a .419 hybrid that does not have this problem?
    01-20-10 07:16 AM
    Installed Dv2 last night after running 5v8(.12) for a week... cant say much is different... Got the 3G symbol back which is cool... but was surprised that it didn't fix the white background bug on the apps screen. I don't reset my tour very often so its not a huge deal, but is there a .419 hybrid that does not have this problem?
    I've never seen this bug but I have heard that it is linked to third party themes. Try viewing using Precision Zen, etc.
    01-20-10 07:48 AM

BBSAK works on my win7 64bit but I have to click kill process before it will recognize it.
    01-20-10 07:53 AM
    I've never seen this bug but I have heard that it is linked to third party themes. Try viewing using Precision Zen, etc.
    Yea, stock themes are not the problem.. its a 3rd party theme. The "fix" is to load a stock theme, change the wallpaper to what you want to see on the apps screen, then change back to your 3rd party theme. However this 'fix' gets unfixed on reboot.

I thought I had seen a post of a hybrid that does not have this problem with 3rd party themes, but cannot find it again.
    01-20-10 08:01 AM
    BBSAK works on my win7 64bit but I have to click kill process before it will recognize it.
    That doesn't seem to help?!?

I took my Tour to the office (which runs XP) and wiped it successfully with BBSAK. I had a **** of a time getting Dv2 or the official MTS builds on there since I was getting all kinds of errors of unrecognized OS's and "missing files" with the Dv2 build. Finally, I put the actual Telus OS 4.7 build on and then upgraded to the MTS build. I'd have rather tried Dv2 or 1_2 Many's...

Any input?
    01-20-10 03:18 PM
147 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD