Did the spacing between the options within the menus change? Like previously in .230 there would be some space between items, now they almost look like they are on top of one another. Is it .419 related or 5.0v8 .419/.423 hybrid related? Thanks
    01-05-10 04:36 PM
    .436 seems to have taken away the ability to update the PRL from the menu for Sprint users. Can anyone else let me know if they can update their PRL using the other hybrids?
    01-05-10 05:13 PM
    .436 seems to have taken away the ability to update the PRL from the menu for Sprint users. Can anyone else let me know if they can update their PRL using the other hybrids?
    I was under the impression that this was not updated automatically for Sprint users. Hard for me to verify on VZW though
    01-05-10 05:43 PM
    It isn't updated automatically, that's why I find it strange. There is usually an option to update the PRL from the Mobile Network part of the Options menu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 06:52 PM
    Yes it does, but you will get a "blackberry registration" e-mail everytime instead, lol, what a trade off!
    its not just the registration email.
    the blackberry dumps and resends all the service books (which sucks battery life)
    You can see your browser disappear and then reappear
    add that to not being able to change my email icon (i used to copy and paste an image file to the GBISXNAC folder i made and used that instead of the generic email pic that the blackberry shows)
    AND the sprint tv doesn't work
    now THATS a trade-off
    01-05-10 11:05 PM
    hey, can you direct me to a link where it shows how to install hybrid step by step please? thank you so much
    01-06-10 01:34 PM
    hey, can you direct me to a link where it shows how to install hybrid step by step please? thank you so much
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/he...t-time-342461/

Anyone know which hybrid has the best radio and least battery consumption? Actually, just noticed that all of the hybrids use the same radio..
    Last edited by Piff Berry; 01-06-10 at 01:48 PM.
    01-06-10 01:41 PM
    Let me know when they can change the 1XEV back to 3G and maybe swap some of my icons. I prefer the old media folder to the "play button" folder. Until then, I won't be using anymore hybrids. They just aren't for me. I want to know what they do, not just swap a bunch of files indescriminently.
    419/423 changes it back to 3G
    01-06-10 04:30 PM
    read here for the most thorough findings for each hybrid --> 9630-50v8.0-Fixes-and-Findings
    01-06-10 07:52 PM
    **Yes this is a duplicate post (didn't know which thtread to put it in)**
    I dunno if this is a .419 issue or a hybrid issue. in my calender when adding a "new appointment" all I get is:

Subject:
    Start: (ie. Wed, Jan 6, 2010 9:30p)
    End: (ie. Wed, Jan 6, 2010 10:00p)
    Duration: 0 Hours 30 Mins

That's it no other options. Any ideas??

A.

**UPDATE** I stripped off the hybrid so now I'm just running .419, same issue. any one else seeing this?
    Last edited by bk5150; 01-06-10 at 11:58 PM.
    01-06-10 09:55 PM
    .436 does not have the option but I am currently using .412 which does.
    01-06-10 11:06 PM
    .436 does not have the option but I am currently using .412 which does.
    so would you recommend Java .412 instead of .423, .428, or .428 for Sprint users? new to the whole hybrid thing and really don't know the difference between any of these. any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
    01-07-10 02:11 AM
    Right now I am running the .419/.428 hybrid build. I have noticed only one issue: Quick Launch doesn't seem to recognize other 3rd party applications I have installed. For example, if I try to make a Quick Launch shortcut for Texas Hold 'em King 3 (a 3rd party app), it will not appear in the QL list of apps to choose from. Great build otherwise, the improved memory and speed are impressive. If this is the only issue I have, consider me happy.
    01-07-10 10:34 AM
    QL has a problem recognizing some apps. I have had no problems with my .419/.436 so far, but have seen it in the past. I think its just random issue with QL not with the OS
    01-07-10 10:40 AM
    QL is also giving me an issue with showing the temperature below the date/time on the QL menu.
    01-07-10 12:06 PM
    I got the 3g icon back when I installed the 423 combo very happy about that

01-07-10 09:43 PM
    **Yes this is a duplicate post (didn't know which thtread to put it in)**
    I dunno if this is a .419 issue or a hybrid issue. in my calender when adding a "new appointment" all I get is:

Subject:
    Start: (ie. Wed, Jan 6, 2010 9:30p)
    End: (ie. Wed, Jan 6, 2010 10:00p)
    Duration: 0 Hours 30 Mins

That's it no other options. Any ideas??

A.

**UPDATE** I stripped off the hybrid so now I'm just running .419, same issue. any one else seeing this?
    Nope, my calendar entry options are complete. One shot-in-the-dark possibility is changing your theme to one of the stock options and see whether your calendar options show up? (Themes have been acting up with .419)
    01-07-10 10:48 PM

Well I sure had lots of problems- ! Possibly my fault as I had previously loaded .230 over 4.x .40 w/o wiping and then loaded 2 hybrids over that ending w/ 7.15- and had no problems-

So after careful backing up, as always ( including the 3rd party app trick with DM) I loaded 419 with the 236 Hybrid- DISASTER-

But after a wipe with BBSAK, and 219 reload- I found I lost all contacts- AND COULDN'T Synch with Outlook to reload- thanks to these forums- I found solution & I went into Service Books and deleted the appropriate references to wireless synchs - and found I could synch with Outlook- and I was able to use other backups to reload data and Apps-

I did lose all saved email messages -the Saved folder was empty and also lost all memos- nothing critical- but ....

I'm running 219 w/o hybrid and am now stable -so we'll see- 230 with hybrid was a lot smoother!

One problem remains- could be theme as I'm using Tour_Storm_Today_Plus as I like the message and calendar listings-

Seems the device now doesn't as the home screen will display custom wallpaper but not the back "page" where all app icons reside- I just get a white screen !

We'll see - I may go back to 230

Best to all

****** UPDATE ******

Going back to 230 w/ 715 Hybrid
    Last edited by fjfisher601; 01-08-10 at 01:32 PM. Reason: *********UPDATE
    01-07-10 11:23 PM
    I got the 3g icon back when I installed the 423 combo very happy about that

How is that combo working out for you?
    01-07-10 11:51 PM
    For those of you that are still looking for a .419 hybrid, you may want to check out this hybrid. here --> 9630 419/411 Hybrid . This link contains the java folder. It was put together by long time hybridizer Driphter, and it's very solid. I happen to like it the best out all them all! It contains almost full .411 java from the official 8900 leak. I've experienced better battery life, faster loading in browser and transition screens, yes it has the 3G symbol also.

Just another option...
    01-08-10 07:33 AM
    For those of you that are still looking for a .419 hybrid, you may want to check out this hybrid. here --> 9630 419/411 Hybrid . This link contains the java folder. It was put together by long time hybridizer Driphter, and it's very solid. I happen to like it the best out all them all! It contains almost full .411 java from the official 8900 leak. I've experienced better battery life, faster loading in browser and transition screens, yes it has the 3G symbol also.

Just another option...
    How do you know which java versions are best? I think I'll be trying out this hybrid.. I've never had a 3G symbol so I might miss the 1XEV..lol
    01-08-10 07:56 AM
    How do you know which java versions are best? I think I'll be trying out this hybrid.. I've never had a 3G symbol so I might miss the 1XEV..lol
    To be honest with you, it's all trial and error. And what we've found is that every hybrids acts differently for each device for the most part. Generally speaking we find similar results, but they CAN vary from person to person.

and trust me, I doubt you will miss the monstrosity which is 1XEV. Once you go 3G it's hard to go back!
    01-08-10 09:16 AM
    Verizon customers get the 3G symbol. Sprint customers get the 1XEV no matter which hybrid they use.
    01-08-10 11:44 AM
    Verizon customers get the 3G symbol. Sprint customers get the 1XEV no matter which hybrid they use.
    That is incorrect. In actuality, Sprint refers to their network as 3G while verizon refers to theirs as EVDO, or rather 1XEV. However, in the world of hybrids/leaks, I'm fairly confident that this does not matter. I've found that sprint and verizon users are capable of showing both symbols depending on what hybrid/leak they are running. It appears this symbol is tied to a java .cod or even a .alx file, however we have been unable to identify which file it is yet.

Moral of the story is, it does not matter whether you have Sprint or VZW, it matter what build you are running on your phone.
    01-08-10 11:51 AM
    is there a hybrid version where in sms message the call back number doesn't show up?

Its minor but that bugs me.
    01-08-10 01:08 PM
147 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD