Loving .419 so far, but one small issue. In the past with the 9630, when I would sync it via bluetooth with my Windows 7 PC, there would be 2 'Unknown Bluetooth Peripheral' devices after installation. This was fixable by manually updating the drivers via device manager to the RIM Virtual Serial Port. Now running .419 there are 3 such unknown devices, and although associating them with the RIM Virtual Serial port worked, running Tether over bluetooth I am unable to receive data (although sending data appears to work fine). Anyone with some technical know-how have any insight here? Thanks,
    01-12-10 01:06 PM
    I forgot to mention that running Tether over USB works fine, so it is most certainly a Bluetooth issue.
    01-12-10 01:33 PM
    UPDATE (from another forum):

There is a known issue when using 5.0 and tetherberry, they are working on a solution, there are no packets being received.
    01-12-10 02:33 PM
    What are the details to this fix you did? I have the same issues with my BT, I get 2 unknown peripherals...thanks
    01-12-10 03:13 PM
    Make sure you have the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Installed. Go into your Windows Device Manager, and right click on one of the 'unknown' devices. Select 'Update Driver' -> click 'Browse My Computer' -> click 'Let Me Pick from a list' -> select 'Ports' -> Under manufacturer select 'RIM Virtual Serial Ports' and on the right side, 'RIM Virtual Serial Port v2'. Do this for both your unknown peripheral devices and you should be all set.
    01-12-10 03:18 PM
    Make sure you have the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Installed. Go into your Windows Device Manager, and right click on one of the 'unknown' devices. Select 'Update Driver' -> click 'Browse My Computer' -> click 'Let Me Pick from a list' -> select 'Ports' -> Under manufacturer select 'RIM Virtual Serial Ports' and on the right side, 'RIM Virtual Serial Port v2'. Do this for both your unknown peripheral devices and you should be all set.
    Thanks for this tip! I am able to connect and backup via bluetooth on Vista. When you say Tether, are you talking about tethering thru desktop manager or the app Tether/Tetherberry?
    01-12-10 09:48 PM
    Thanks for this tip! I am able to connect and backup via bluetooth on Vista. When you say Tether, are you talking about tethering thru desktop manager or the app Tether/Tetherberry?
    I was talking about the app Tether (formerly TetherBerry). Verizon takes enough of my cash; no way are they getting an extra $15 a month for a service which should be free.
    01-12-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD