Updated to .419 Friday and reloaded everything including the BES. Did several quickpull resets. Today after 8 1/2 hours battery down to 30%. No bluetooth, no phone calls, no text messages and only 4 emails recieved. GPS is on however. Going to try and shut down Facebook and see what that does.

I am not quite sure how to load hybrids and don't want to be a big pain to my BES guy to keep sending me invites.

I hope Sprint releases an OS with better battery. Did not have any problem with .219.
    01-10-10 02:49 PM
    I've been a bit confused so far since upgrading to .419. I use my phone pretty much the same amount with the same apps each day. I never leave anything running in the background unless it's needed. But some days the battery life is absolutely awful but I swear there have been a couple of days where the battery life has seemed to improve drastically. Maybe I'm just going crazy though, but it's seems to be improving as I "break it in" for lack of a better term. Anyone else?
    01-10-10 03:37 PM
    Updated to .419 Friday and reloaded everything including the BES. Did several quickpull resets. Today after 8 1/2 hours battery down to 30%. No bluetooth, no phone calls, no text messages and only 4 emails recieved. GPS is on however. Going to try and shut down Facebook and see what that does.

I am not quite sure how to load hybrids and don't want to be a big pain to my BES guy to keep sending me invites.

I hope Sprint releases an OS with better battery. Did not have any problem with .219.
    weird. i didn't charge my tour last night, so it was on for 36 straight hours on .419. i sent about 2 dozen sms and mms messages in that time, a few minutes of talk time, some web browsing, twitter, and foursquare, just normal, everyday use for me. after 36 hours, my battery was still at 40%.
    01-10-10 03:38 PM
    yeah its weird how people are having battery issues with the new os...
    01-10-10 03:47 PM

Noticing that the battery drain is worse with 419 than with 230 which I ran for over 2 months. 419 can also be sluggish at times. Overall impression, happy RIM patched the media player bugs, but was more pleased with overall performance of 230.
    01-10-10 07:12 PM
    for my tour running .419 my battery life is the worst i have ever seen. I upgraded from .230 and it was bad but not nearly as bad as it is with .419. I had to go buy a car charger and bring my home charger out with me if i want my phone to work for the entire day.
    01-10-10 08:10 PM
    Running 419/412 hybrid and my battery life is about 1.8% an hour havent charged for almost 36 hours still have 30% left
    01-10-10 08:51 PM
    No battery issues here.

About the same as .230 for me.
    01-10-10 08:53 PM
    I am running the .419/.411 hybrid by Driphter from BBHybrids and I am experiencing the best battery life I've ever had as a Tour owner (and i've been here since day 1). Literally 1.x%/hour with moderate to heavy usage. Give it a try and give it time to settle in....

Download here --> 9630 419/411 Hybrid
    01-10-10 08:55 PM
    yea there are some pretty good hyrbids out there for the .419 build.
    01-10-10 09:17 PM
    I've been a bit confused so far since upgrading to .419. I use my phone pretty much the same amount with the same apps each day. I never leave anything running in the background unless it's needed. But some days the battery life is absolutely awful but I swear there have been a couple of days where the battery life has seemed to improve drastically. Maybe I'm just going crazy though, but it's seems to be improving as I "break it in" for lack of a better term. Anyone else?

It seems like it got alil better after some battery pulls and once the OS settled alil bit but it still seems like the battery life sucks a$$. It seems to take a quick charge and the battery discharges just as quick. The only apps I have running in the background is Facebook and BerryWeather...and I'm going through a "fully charged battery" (and I say that VERY loosely) in a matter of 8-10 hours, where with offical VZW 4.7 OS was lasting me all day. Seems like once the battery is "fully charged" that the OS disconnects itself from the charger and then goes into a trickle charge mode. I've noticed my Tour goes into bedside mode 2 or 3 times on its own during the night when on the charger. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    01-11-10 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD