Hello,

I got a replacement phone 8320 Curve pale gold color, and i have tried to
    upgrade the OS to the .52 Rel.75.. i have install the OS, remove the vendor.xml but it keeps on giving me fatal error after it goes through the installation process, it will hang during the installation and that's it, now the phone is brick.. so i try to install using the Blackberry how to install OS when you brick your phone.. but when i have my 8320 Curve Black, the installation went smooth, anything i am missing here on the installation? does the phone have to be unlock? please help.
    07-19-08 09:25 PM
    Could be a corrupt install of DM or the OS itself on your PC. Uninstall and try another source for the file.

To salvage your BB, you'll want to just uninstall the 4.5 files off your PC with Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and then go to T-Mobile BB Upgrade Site and download the correct version of the OS for your BB. Install that and then run Application Loader in DM with your BB attached and it'll load the OS. Once stable, try another load of 4.5 from another source.

If 4.2 won't even load, then you have issues with your PC or with the replacement phone. You can try uninstalling the OS files from all releases and also uninstall Desktop Manager from your PC to clean it up and then reinstall DM and an OS to try. If it still doesn't work with the 4.2 release, then it's probably your phone, but I'd still be inclined to blame your PC for a messed up load. Make sure you've got a good USB cable and a good port. As you can see, it could be several things.
    07-19-08 11:30 PM
    Could be a corrupt install of DM or the OS itself on your PC. Uninstall and try another source for the file.

To salvage your BB, you'll want to just uninstall the 4.5 files off your PC with Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and then go to T-Mobile BB Upgrade Site and download the correct version of the OS for your BB. Install that and then run Application Loader in DM with your BB attached and it'll load the OS. Once stable, try another load of 4.5 from another source.

If 4.2 won't even load, then you have issues with your PC or with the replacement phone. You can try uninstalling the OS files from all releases and also uninstall Desktop Manager from your PC to clean it up and then reinstall DM and an OS to try. If it still doesn't work with the 4.2 release, then it's probably your phone, but I'd still be inclined to blame your PC for a messed up load. Make sure you've got a good USB cable and a good port. As you can see, it could be several things.
    I have done that.. uninstall the 4.5 then install original OS.. it works.. i have use the same DM to install 4.5 on my other curve and it works smoothly.. i have use several USB cable.. tried several ports also.. anyone knows if the phone has to be unlock? i am using 4.5 from orange UK..
    07-20-08 02:23 AM
    I am using 4.5 from orange UK..
    Try another version. It may still be the new replacement phone.
    07-20-08 10:31 AM
    which version of dm are you using ?
    07-20-08 10:32 AM
    I hope this isn't going to lead into the "You need DM4.5 to load OS4.5", because that would be incorrect.
    07-20-08 10:52 AM
    I am using 4.5 DM.. i have tried several OS but the only one's that work is the OEM 4.2.2.184..
    07-21-08 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD