so i downloaded and installed .337 and its just amazing.....
    here are the things that i have noticed so far.
    1. the sms bug has been fixed in the notification tab (no longer does a text stay there after i have opened it)
    2. phone volume has improved
    3. browsing is a better experience
    4. (i dont know what this is called) but when u tilt the screen its not as fast as it was. HUGE IMPROVEMENT
    5. touch screen keyboard is WAY WAY WAY BETTER....on .246 it was decent and now i can say man what a improvment.
    6. the camera is better
    7. the phone is more resonsive overall in EVERY AERA....

I didn't dl ..284 but this is a keeper! Cant say anything about the battery just yet.
    Last edited by zaandam24; 11-05-10 at 01:35 AM.
    11-05-10 01:16 AM
    What do you mean the camerra is better?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 01:19 AM
    What do you mean the camerra is better?

on the .246 my pics would turn out a lil blurry but now its just crisp and clear.
    11-05-10 01:21 AM
    I have been playing around with this build for a few hours now and haven't notice any bug yet. It's still to early to make any judgement imo.
    11-05-10 01:27 AM
    I have been playing around with this build for a few hours now and haven't notice any bug yet. It's still to early to make any judgement imo.
    yea like the battery. im waiting to see how that goes.
    11-05-10 01:36 AM
    Any idea if the disappearing favourites bug has been fixed?
    11-05-10 02:10 AM
    Any idea if the disappearing favourites bug has been fixed?
    Just added a few favourites, did a battery pull and my favourites are still there!
    11-05-10 02:22 AM
    hmmmm where to download this!?

edit: nvm found it!
    Last edited by jlasa06; 11-05-10 at 02:32 AM.
    11-05-10 02:28 AM
    Battery life is amazing! Just finished a 1 hour 40 min call with Linksys Tech support and I was only down by 20%
    11-05-10 02:47 AM
    Hi,

Can you please advise if eventually the .337 will be available to automatically update or the OS on the BB have to be done manually?

This is my first BB and I have no idea how updating the OS works.

Thank you all!

ps, Is it safe to upgrade or I should wait a bit longer?
    11-05-10 04:29 AM
    Can you please advise if eventually the .337 will be available to automatically update or the OS on the BB have to be done manually?
    I have no idea how updating the OS works. Is it safe to upgrade or I should wait a bit longer?
    Best advise to give you: go to the CB forum for betas and leaks. There is a thread there for the Torch .337 leak. People who have already put on their Torch are giving reports on their impressions. In the thread there are instructions on 1) where to download the leak 2) how to install onto the Torch.

And there are no guarentees of when or if a carrier will give a blessing to have a leak made official.

Last edited by Goldfinch; 11-05-10 at 06:00 AM.
    11-05-10 05:58 AM
    1. the sms bug has been fixed in the notification tab (no longer does a text stay there after i have opened it)
    To clear things up about these bugs:

For those who are confused.

SMS BUG = opening unread (long) text message conversations does not open to the latest text message. Instead, you open to a point earlier in the conversation and have to either scroll down or close the text and reopen it.

This bug has been in ALL known versions of OS 6 for the Torch.

Threads are here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/te...highlight=text

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/op...ssages-514281/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/pr...ssages-529269/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/od...-issue-524742/

NOTIFICATION SCREEN BUG
    = This was introduced with .284. On the notification screen, selecting items was messed up in some occasions. Clicking on some items did not work and others went to the wrong place.

This is now fixed with .337.
    11-05-10 06:37 AM
    Seems everyone else is reporting the sms bug is fixed jeffreii. I only had it in .141. After that its been fine in every sequential build after for me.

I beginning to think this is another one of those torch bugs that only present itself to a few people. while the majority don't seem to have it.
    11-05-10 06:44 AM
    So far it sounds like this OS is a winner. I guess I should give it a try
    11-05-10 07:24 AM
    Hi,

This is my first BB and I have no idea how updating the OS works.

Thank you all!

ps, Is it safe to upgrade or I should wait a bit longer?
    Here's the thread Goldfinch is referring to:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-546391/

Jeffreii's Post #12 has a link to a download site as well as step-by-step instructions on how to install.

I'm not new to BB's, but I am fairly new to installing leaks. I upgraded to .246 just a few days after I got my Torch, and I've done two more since then, and all have gone without a hitch. Don't be leery of the term 'leak' -- all it means is that RIM has published it, but the carriers haven't released it for distribution. I haven't heard of any yet that had problems.

Just a few notes:
    - You need a PC to install a leak; you can't do it on a Mac unless you're running some kind of PC emulation. The OS comes as a .exe file only.
    - The downloads are usually slow, and the install process takes a bit of time, too. Plan on about 30-40 minutes between download and installation.
    - For whatever reason, these phones usually take a couple of manual reboots (battery pulls) after a fresh install to stabilize. It's normal. In fact, one member here suggests that once you think you've got it stable, do one more battery pull.

Good luck!
    11-05-10 07:32 AM
    How do I directly update it on my phone without the need of a desktop?
    11-05-10 07:41 AM
    I got it from here

Index of /blackberry

(the jAsia version with Japanese input) and it took about 1.5-2 mins to download the 160 meg file. Just saying... It was in one of the threads on this board... megaupload and all those guys were taking forever!
    11-05-10 07:42 AM
    How do I directly update it on my phone without the need of a desktop?
    Can't install a leak without a PC. RIM provides the install in a .exe format; I believe the carriers make the OS's available for OTA and DM installs.
    11-05-10 08:04 AM
    Here's the thread Goldfinch is referring to:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-546391/

Jeffreii's Post #12 has a link to a download site as well as step-by-step instructions on how to install.

I'm not new to BB's, but I am fairly new to installing leaks. I upgraded to .246 just a few days after I got my Torch, and I've done two more since then, and all have gone without a hitch. Don't be leery of the term 'leak' -- all it means is that RIM has published it, but the carriers haven't released it for distribution. I haven't heard of any yet that had problems.

Just a few notes:
    - You need a PC to install a leak; you can't do it on a Mac unless you're running some kind of PC emulation. The OS comes as a .exe file only.
    - The downloads are usually slow, and the install process takes a bit of time, too. Plan on about 30-40 minutes between download and installation.
    - For whatever reason, these phones usually take a couple of manual reboots (battery pulls) after a fresh install to stabilize. It's normal. In fact, one member here suggests that once you think you've got it stable, do one more battery pull.

Good luck!
    Great answer! I appreciate your support and will do it tonight.

Regards,
    A.Pablo
    11-05-10 10:00 AM
    In .337 you cannot close out web tabs by dragging them down to the X in tabs view. The dragging does not work.
    11-05-10 10:15 AM
    so i downloaded and installed .337 and its just amazing.....
    here are the things that i have noticed so far.
    2. phone volume has improved
    3. browsing is a better experience
    4. (i dont know what this is called) but when u tilt the screen its not as fast as it was. HUGE IMPROVEMENT
    5. touch screen keyboard is WAY WAY WAY BETTER....on .246 it was decent and now i can say man what a improvment.
    6. the camera is better
    7. the phone is more resonsive overall in EVERY AERA....

I didn't dl ..284 but this is a keeper! Cant say anything about the battery just yet.
    I noticed that you mentioned the camera works better in .337. Does each picture you take present you with a 'send' option? Meaning that you have the ability to send the picuture via text, email, and bbm? I want to make sure that this function is working properly in .337 before I install it.
    11-05-10 10:27 AM
    Browser still closes when I type too fast on the screen.

11-05-10 10:35 AM
    I noticed that you mentioned the camera works better in .337. Does each picture you take present you with a 'send' option? Meaning that you have the ability to send the picuture via text, email, and bbm? I want to make sure that this function is working properly in .337 before I install it.
    It doesn't prompt a send option right away (only save/delete), but hitting the BB button while viewing the picture brings up all the options, including "send to > email, text, messenger contact, twitter, facebook, bluetooth".
    11-05-10 10:37 AM
    i love 337, was pulling battery 4 times a day earlier, this is sooooooo smooth!
    11-05-10 10:42 AM
    Just updated from OEM 6.0.0.246 (which work nicely). The install when flawlessly.
    I'm on BES as well and it pushed all my info and settings back to the device, automatically, at the end of the update to .337. No need for DM6...Sweet!
    Everything is working properly, i.e. SMS, FB, WLM, ScoreMobile, TeleNAV. Extra email/calendars like Gmail, Yahoo Mail syncing well.
    Everything looks good. Just going to do a few battery pulls and will provide more comments in the following days if I find anything exceptionally good or seriously wrong.
    Cheers.
    11-05-10 10:48 AM
103 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD