So I'm running v8 of the irtehun .238 Hybrid on my Sprint Tour and have noticed this issue...

After ending an incoming call, the phone automatically begins updating the PRL. If I hit cancel, it says "cancelling" and the message box just hangs there forever (have to do a battery pull) ... If I let it sit and update, it does nothing and hangs there forever...have to do a battery pull.

This isint happening after every call, only randomly. I know that with this OS, the PRL file is dumped after a battery pull, and you have to update PRL manually again. Updating manually works just fine, as I did not restore service books when installing v8...but for whatever reason the phone keeps randomly updating itself after an incoming call, and just getting stuck in the process. I can't do anything in the background, and hitting cancel shoes the cancellation message, but just hangs...this has become a huge inconvenience...especially while on the road using gps or waiting for an important call/email, etc...

Anyone else seeing this issue? Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 12:20 AM
    This has been happing to me too. I'm running the .230 beta. It seems that at random times after doing a battery pull, then getting a call when the phone boots back up, it wants to update the PRL after the call has ended. It never updates, it just sits there forever. If I select 'Cancel', it says it is canceling the process, but it never does, and I have to do a battery pull again so I can use my phone. It's annoying.
    11-30-09 11:32 AM
    I believe the version six of his hybrid is the best one for sprint issues with this issue
    11-30-09 01:05 PM
    The best advice I can give you is head on over to Help Center - BBHybrids Forums and ask the experts. Considering they are the ones who made the hybrids, they will be able to tell you which versions work best for which issues, etc.
    11-30-09 01:45 PM
    Already figured out the issue - since 5.0 drops the prl to 0 after a reboot, you need to manually provision every time you reboot, otherwise the phone will attempt to do so after a phone call ends.

11-30-09 02:49 PM
    It is kind of strange. Mine does the same thing for awhile right after I install the 7.11 hybrid. (I last installed it on 11/27). Now, it quit doing that. I just left it at PRL 0. Seems to work fine.

I think it only happens with us Sprint users.
    11-30-09 05:56 PM
    Yeah, only a sprint issue...and it'll happen randomly if you don't provision manually after a reboot...

11-30-09 09:23 PM
    I just now learned that you need to downgrade your OS to 4.7, update your PRL then upgrade to 5.0.
    12-23-09 02:12 AM
    I just now learned that you need to downgrade your OS to 4.7, update your PRL then upgrade to 5.0.
    ^^ seems to make sense, and when upgrading you would want to sync your BB with DM prior and in this case you WANT to restore your service books (thereby keeping your newly updated PRL). Seems like a hassle just to update your PRL (requires you to downgrade the OS when new PRL updates come out every 3 weeks or so it seems). In any case, my Tour works fine without PRL updates (PRL check shows 0, but I know it's the last PRL that I obtained while running 4.7.1.61 - so now am two updates behind), still running v11 hybrid with .191 radio.
    Last edited by dohturdima; 12-23-09 at 03:08 PM.
    12-23-09 03:05 PM
    I'm running Hybrid v7.14 and have had this problem, but I've found that the following works to avoid random PRL updates getting stuck:

After restart, update PRL. Then change Network Selection Mode to Home Only. When I do this, no more problems (note that Home Only needs to be set after every device reset too).
    12-23-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD