So I updated to 5.0 with .230 base and v11 hybrid and it restarts constantly? I have wiped and done this several times and same result. I am on a corp server, could this be causing problems?

I have never had so much trouble. I hacked the heck out of my storm with no issues.

How bad is .23o by itself? Does it restart?

Thanks to any one who can help.
    11-26-09 09:16 PM
    This is crappy. I do not have this problem on my hybrid update. I guess I would suggest going back to the 5.0 OS alone, but my guess is that if it happens with the hybrid that it would happen either way.
    11-26-09 09:34 PM
    Is there another source for .230 besides megaloader? Could it be their file?
    11-26-09 09:37 PM
    maybe its an app you downloaded?
    11-26-09 09:44 PM
    Can't imagine it's the base OS that your downloading. First suggestion would be to wipe and reinstall, but sounds as though you've done this already. Agree with meyer, lose the excessive apps and see if you can isolate it to a specific one.

I have heard of sprint users having problems with resets after phone tries to force a prl update. Once again, I'm on my berry so can see what service you're using. Not sure what the fix is for sprint users on this. Ill have to look in to it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 09:48 PM
    I am a Verizon user. I tried the app thing too and stripped them all off on the last try. I am going to let the phone sit over night with out me messing with it and see if it becomes more stable. If not I will try just base .230. We will see.

On a different note how so I get off my corp server. Their passwords and BIS restriction are still active even after complete wipes?
    11-26-09 10:07 PM
    I've never done it, but I believe it is fairly easy. Do a forum search for "remove corporate IT policy"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 10:22 PM
    I abandoned trying. I am now back to .61

This morning I wiped my computer and device; started over; deleted ALL apps I think I only loaded core 5.0 and other essentials, no extras, just .230 and same restart problem.

I think it is the PRL issue. The restart seems to half to do with some sort of network connection.

I am going to attempt to clear out my corp IT policy and then possibly try again.

Or I might try to convince Verizon to swap my phone out for a Storm2 as my Tour has been a pile since day one, I have had three of them.
    11-27-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD