I posted this also at bbhybrids. I installed the above, newest hybrid by Irtehun, and i am running into 2 issues.

1. When I try to update profile or preferred list, i get this error message, "Your preferred network list could not be updated. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your wireless service provider." I have tried numerous battery pulls.

2. I am unable to log into "my world" in bb app world, to reinstall a couple of apps. When I put in my paypal email address and password it says "Please wait while your purchases are retrievied" and after a few seconds it says "Unable to authenticate user at this time, please try again later" It then, displays no previously purchase apps.

Everything else, regarding this hybrid has been great. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-27-09 08:38 PM
    Can't help with your second question, but for your first you need to do this.

1. Dial *2 and get customer service on the line.

2. Ask the Customer Service rep to update your PRL for you.

3. Wait about 5 mins and call *2 again.

4. It should tell you that sprint is updating your roaming list.

5. You should hear a couple beeps or it will tell you that it has completed the update.

6. Hang up, then dial #4357* and hit "Send"

7. A screen will pop up with a "Status" screen.

8. Scroll down till you see "PRL Version"

9. It should say 60657 for your PRL. That is the latest PRL for sprint right now.

10. Done haha.
    11-27-09 10:21 PM

5. You should hear a couple beeps or it will tell you that it has completed the update.

9. It should say 60657 for your PRL. That is the latest PRL for sprint right now.

10. Done haha.

This is very helpful insight and advice for 5.0 and Hybrid users(myself)....50v7.11 rocks..!!
    11-27-09 10:28 PM

10. Done haha.
    I did all of the above (called, had the CSR flag my account, called again, heard the beeps, Tour rebooted) yet my PRL is still stuck at 0. I assume it worked for you
    11-27-09 10:31 PM
    yea...worked for me lol, sorry I couldn't solve your problem
    11-27-09 10:36 PM
    is it possible you have re-sent your service books after you installed .230?
    11-27-09 10:37 PM

2. I am unable to log into "my world" in bb app world, to reinstall a couple of apps. When I put in my paypal email address and password it says "Please wait while your purchases are retrievied" and after a few seconds it says "Unable to authenticate user at this time, please try again later" It then, displays no previously purchase apps.
    BB App World works fine with v11 hybrid running on my Tour. One possibility when restoring is you may load an older version of BB App World that had issues with OS 5.0. I would suggest uninstalling BB App World, then redownloading/reinstalling it and rebooting your Tour. Let me know if it works for you.
    11-27-09 10:38 PM
    is it possible you have re-sent your service books after you installed .230?
    Yeah... I did that. Dammit, should have known better. Does it mean another wipe and reinstall?
    11-27-09 10:39 PM
    You can update the PRL on the Sprint tours with this hybrid (any 5.0 OS) but it will revert to "0" as soon as you reboot your device. It has nothing to do with the OS, it is a Sprint problem. This has been a known issue for quite some time. My tour works just as well without the PRL update.
    11-27-09 10:46 PM
    When a PRL shows up as "0" that doesnt mean you have no PRL or bad PRL. Its just default to "0" it isnt bad at all. 5.0 OS's dont recognize current PRL after installation, so it defaults to show a "0". If the PRL is really "0" that means no web,emails,mms,sms,talks. If you cant update PRL, no worries you still have a new good one.
    11-27-09 10:47 PM
    You can update the PRL on the Sprint tours with this hybrid (any 5.0 OS) but it will revert to "0" as soon as you reboot your device. It has nothing to do with the OS, it is a Sprint problem. This has been a known issue for quite some time. My tour works just as well without the PRL update.
    Thank you for the clarification (and saving me an hour to do another wipe and reinstall). There haven't been any reception problems and I can finally put this PRL issue to rest.
    11-27-09 10:53 PM
    When a PRL shows up as "0" that doesnt mean you have no PRL or bad PRL. Its just default to "0" it isnt bad at all. 5.0 OS's dont recognize current PRL after installation, so it defaults to show a "0". If the PRL is really "0" that means no web,emails,mms,sms,talks. If you cant update PRL, no worries you still have a new good one.
    Does this mean that I did get the PRL updated after all, but the 5.0 OS doesn't render the PRL version correctly? That's what I gathered from grncherry1's post.
    Last edited by dohturdima; 11-27-09 at 11:00 PM.
    11-27-09 10:57 PM
    Thanks for all the info regarding prl updates and 5.0. I did try uninstalling my current bb app world and installing a "fresh" version from blackberry.com. Still a no go. Annoying.
    Everything else works great with this hybrid. Overall, phone seems much quicker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 11:08 PM
    mines said 0 at first and i have the hybrid also however now my prl says 60657 worked for me
    11-28-09 03:55 PM
    mines said 0 at first and i have the hybrid also however now my prl says 60657 worked for me
    Well let us know what happens after a battery pull or reboot?
    11-28-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD