I live in an area with 1xev service all the time. Anyway, now that I got 5.0, I turn my phone on and it only has 1x. I have to turn the connections off and turn them back on for it to get a 1xev. Wtf? And then when it goes out again I have to do it again. It won't find the ev on it's own.
    02-13-10 12:53 PM
    I don't think thats normal...I've updated to 5.0 a few weeks ago and haven't had that problem. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling to see what the problem is, or you might want to go back to 4.7 and wait for the official update.
    02-14-10 03:54 AM
    1Xev means you're not connected to the BB server, which isn't right... I would try ^^ and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 05:35 AM
    Do a *22899 Send to update provisioning data while within your home cell coverage area. Then you might want to stop turning off the phone... there's no reason to do that. If you have OS5 and you want it to save some power, throw it into an OEM holster to enter suspend or lock it to enter suspend mode without a holster.
    02-14-10 10:31 AM
    The coverage with 419 is slightly glitchy for me as well. I get 1xev and 1x far more than I used to with 4.7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 11:26 AM
    It's not doing it now for some reason. Could have just been Verizon at the time. I had BB service. 1X and 1XEV I just didn't capitalize when I typed it.
    02-15-10 03:01 PM
    I don't think thats normal...I've updated to 5.0 a few weeks ago and haven't had that problem. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling to see what the problem is, or you might want to go back to 4.7 and wait for the official update.
    Yeah, one reason I wouldn't go back to 4.7 is because on 5.0 my battery last so much longer. I mean it's a BIG difference that I notice. The threaded text is awesome and since I installed the browser patch the browser is much faster. So far this issue seems to be fixed though.
    02-15-10 03:02 PM
    It's not doing it now for some reason. Could have just been Verizon at the time. I had BB service. 1X and 1XEV I just didn't capitalize when I typed it.
    That makes a VERY BIG difference when you post on this board. Because CAPS designation indicates BB service (as you know). Dropping between 1X and 1XEV is most definitely a carrier/signal issue with towers rather then BB data services. An old PRL and local tower maintenace (due to Alltel merger changes) could easily impact your ability to get EVDO service one minute and not the other.
    02-15-10 04:33 PM
    That makes a VERY BIG difference when you post on this board. Because CAPS designation indicates BB service (as you know). Dropping between 1X and 1XEV is most definitely a carrier/signal issue with towers rather then BB data services. An old PRL and local tower maintenace (due to Alltel merger changes) could easily impact your ability to get EVDO service one minute and not the other.
    Yeah, but I was just posting about having 3g service and it not going to it by its self. But I see what you're saying. I have BB service although when I first got 5.0 it didn't until I did like 2 battery pulls.
    02-15-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD