I have had my Blackberry for a few months now and I am really just getting into the 3rd party apps and things. I've been trying to get a multi alarm for it, but I can't seem to get any to work.

Along with a bunch of other apps I try to download MyAlarm doesn't download. I go to the page from my bb device, and click the download link. The notice that opens says "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" I click yes, it saves a zip file and then from there I can do nothing. The bb won't let me open a zip file.

Can anyone tell me what to do? This has happened several times with several different types of applications.

Thanks

Jess
    07-22-09 11:46 AM
    open the up file on your desktop and use the app loader to put it on your bb
    07-22-09 11:48 AM
    What is the app loader? And how do I use it to put stuff on my bb??
    07-22-09 11:59 AM
    Files are added to your Blackberry by either OTA (Over The Air) installation, or through your Desktop Manager. If the app has an OTA installation it will provide a link where you can download it from your Blackberry browser. If it's a basic download or says to download it to your PC, then it'll most likely require Desktop Manager to install.
    Desktop Manager is the program on the CD that came with your BlackBerry. It should be installed on your PC.

1) Plug your Blackberry to your PC using the provided USB cable
    2) Open Desktop Manager
    3) Click on Application Loader
    4) Click Start under Add / Remove Applications
    5) When the next screen appears, Click Browse
    6) Locate the file you downloaded (It's a file with an .alx extension)
    7) Click Next, so you can proceed with the installation of your new app
    07-22-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD