05-27-10 07:59 PM
156 ... 567
tools
    Here is another idea...to get users started..you should include a bunch of shortcuts to google services and news sites. I have a bunch that I can share...
    Originally when ShortcutMe was launched (last year), it came with default shortcuts, but it was not very much appreciated by new users.

But it might help to have nice-to-have shortcuts on http://shortcutme.com
    I might add that in future. In that case I appreciate if you would want to share your shortcuts on that web page.
    Last edited by Vijik; 05-16-10 at 03:07 PM.
    05-16-10 09:45 AM
    I tried to download the trial version but it's not available any more.
    I tried it out a month or so ago and wanted to give it another go....
    Based on the screenshots I went ahead and bought it.
    But it still doesn't do what I want.....
    I have quicklaunch and it has the same shortcomings.

I have ALL my email and SMS going into the Messages folder.
    If you click that icon on the home screen it works fine.
    If you are in another app and hold down the menu key and scroll to the 'messages' folder, it 'might' take you to the one with ALL the consolidated emails. If you were in the SMS and MMS folder last, it takes you there, same for email folders.
    This is what the 'Messages' shortcut does in Shortcutme. Any way to change this?

Secondly, I can't go straight to threaded SMS. I'm on 5.0 on the Tour. Shortcutme and Quicklaunch both take you to SMS Inbox instead of the SMS Conversations folder. I saw how you could shortcut to a folder so I thought I had a chance.....nope. Again, if I click the homescreen icon 'SMS and MMS' it pops up sms in threaded view.
    I tried adding it to the Extra App Name in Common Config but that didn't work either.
    These are my two most used apps and I want to see these specific views quickly. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    05-20-10 10:28 AM
    Schrochem,

Unfortunately there are some differences between what BB OS makes available to users, and what the same OS allow third party apps to do.

SMS Conversation Folder is not a folder in memory or microSD card that can be opened by ShortcutMe's FolderShortcut app. I haven't yet found an API in BB OS that allows opening SMS/MMS conversation page in the same way the clicking of SMS/MMS icon does.

Also for the "Messages" program, it opens the "messages" in the same mode that it has been in before. The3 main reason for this is that Messages program always runs in the background so it keeps it's state at all time.
    05-21-10 06:58 PM
    Quickpull was updated and now works with the S2. Maybe u can see how they are doing it?
    05-22-10 05:45 AM
    Will do.

By the way, if you find out that you can't edit/view Double Right Convenience Key Click app on your ShortcutMe_Touch, then you should upgrade to 3.10.5.2 (using "Updates" menu option) that has a fix for that.
    05-27-10 07:51 PM
    Will do.

By the way, if you find out that you can't edit/view Double Right Convenience Key Click app on your ShortcutMe_Touch, then you should upgrade to 3.10.5.2 (using "Updates" menu option) that has a fix for that.
    Updating now!
    05-27-10 07:59 PM
156 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD