05-27-10 07:59 PM
156 ... 23456 ...
tools
    How do you use the backlight_brightness with no params on a storm? it doesn't popup the keyboard too...
    04-18-10 10:09 AM
    oh, its cool..you just scroll on the screen. Can you update the dialog box to be touch screen specific?
    04-18-10 10:10 AM
    oh, its cool..you just scroll on the screen. Can you update the dialog box to be touch screen specific?
    What do you suggest to have on the dialog box instead of Nav_UP and Nav_DOWN ?
    04-18-10 10:18 AM
    ShortcutMe for Pearl 81xx and Flip 82xx is now updated to 3.10.3.0

To upgrade either download from mobihand and channels or directly from ShortcutMe ("Updates" menu option).
    04-18-10 11:43 AM
    New screenshots:

04-18-10 04:19 PM
    Absolutley love the space bar launch option!
    mine space-to-launch only seems to be working from the app screen, not from actual main homepage.. so I have to hit blackberry key then space, is this how it's supposed to work?

cuz if I hit space from main home screen it launches my browser?
    04-19-10 02:33 AM
    Is the ability to launch the browser by using the space bar built into the theme that you're running? If it is then SCM being launched will be over ridden. Try going to a stock theme and checking?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 02:39 AM
    Is the ability to launch the browser by using the space bar built into the theme that you're running? If it is then SCM being launched will be over ridden. Try going to a stock theme and checking?

good call!

that was it, thank you... and I second that the space bar launch is awesome!

only bad news is that i was using a theme that I love, lol.. now I have to weigh using the theme or being able to use the space bar launch
    04-19-10 03:01 AM
    good call!

that was it, thank you... and I second that the space bar launch is awesome!

only bad news is that i was using a theme that I love, lol.. now I have to weigh using the theme or being able to use the space bar launch
    Launching SCM with other key than Space key takes away the Multi-Space Key Click feature. That is more handy than the Space key launch.
    I have set double Space key click to launch weather, triple-Space Key Click to animated weather radar image for my city and Quad-Space key is set to stock market overview.

But, if you really want to change the launch key of ShortcutMe, it is possible, just add a @@@$@ as Extra AppName 9 in the Common Config page (where $ is the key for launching).
    For example if you want SCM to launch by hitting Z key, set Extra App Name 9 to:
    @@@z@

Remember that every time you change a theme, the BB OS will switch SCM to original launching key (SPACE). You should then launch SCM once and it will correct the launching key settings.

Keys that are not used for launching apps in Home Screen are Z, X, R, J, I , Q, and some more.
    04-19-10 06:43 AM
    What do you suggest to have on the dialog box instead of Nav_UP and Nav_DOWN ?
    Maybe have it say scroll up and down instead of the + or -

04-19-10 06:47 AM
    Maybe have it say scroll up and down instead of the + or -

Ok. Will change to Scroll Up and Down in next rev for Storm.
    04-19-10 07:09 AM
    Cool. Thank you :*)

04-19-10 07:10 AM
    Cool. Thank you :*)

Done.

3.10.2.5_Touch can be downloaded using "Updates" menu option in ShortcutMe.

Let me know how it goes.
    04-19-10 06:03 PM
    Done.

3.10.2.5_Touch can be downloaded using "Updates" menu option in ShortcutMe.

Let me know how it goes.
    rebooting.......
    04-19-10 06:46 PM
    like it! make this gold
    04-19-10 06:55 PM
    I do have one other suggestion, lol...

Can you change the text on the virtual keyboard. On the latest OS for VZW (.607) they made the text smaller and I happen to like it a lot...
    04-19-10 06:56 PM
    I do have one other suggestion, lol...

Can you change the text on the virtual keyboard. On the latest OS for VZW (.607) they made the text smaller and I happen to like it a lot...
    Can you post a screenshot of the new virtual keyboard on .607?
    04-19-10 07:39 PM
    Email sent with it. Easier then Uploading

04-19-10 07:43 PM
    I purchased Shortcutme a couple of weeks ago, thinking it would make a nice change from using Quicklaunch.

However … having downloaded it and finally gotten around to setting it up yesterday, I ended up deleting it after nearly an hour of attempting to set-up the same short-cuts I had on Quicklaunch.

I don’t mind dropping the couple bucks I spent on it – about the same cost as a good imported beer -- but what a total waste of time this app is.

I searched Web for reviews of SCM, but not a one slammed it for the pigs ear of an app it actually is.

Maybe we could see some “real” reviews of apps appear on Crackberry, rather than what are often sketchy outlines of apps that don’t say very much and leave possible purchases hot under the collar and totally pissed off after they buy the damn things.

I just had vent …..
    04-19-10 07:48 PM
    I purchased Shortcutme a couple of weeks ago, thinking it would make a nice change from using Quicklaunch.

However … having downloaded it and finally gotten around to setting it up yesterday, I ended up deleting it after nearly an hour of attempting to set-up the same short-cuts I had on Quicklaunch.

I don’t mind dropping the couple bucks I spent on it – about the same cost as a good imported beer -- but what a total waste of time this app is.

I searched Web for reviews of SCM, but not a one slammed it for the pigs ear of an app it actually is.

Maybe we could see some “real” reviews of apps appear on Crackberry, rather than what are often sketchy outlines of apps that don’t say very much and leave possible purchases hot under the collar and totally pissed off after they buy the damn things.

I just had vent …..
    IDK why the hate..I have been using this since day one when it was released and love it. What are your problems? I would be glad to help!
    04-19-10 09:20 PM
    There are several thousands ShortcutMe users.

They all have had a chance to test ShortcutMe using the fully functional trial version which has been available since day one when ShortcutMe was introduced 13 months ago.

They tested it and decided to buy it.
    We think it is users right to test something before they buy it.

QuickLaunch does not offer the same trial option to buyers. Instead their supporters and developer bullying competitors whenever they get a chance. Even by opening a new CB user and writing about QL in wrong thread, ShortcutMe thread.

Many of the thousands ShortcutMe users sending email to our support saying they can't live without ShortcutMe on their BB, and many of them are ex-QL users.

Last edited by Vijik; 04-19-10 at 11:04 PM.
    04-19-10 09:34 PM

I just had vent …..
    First, this post is off topic.

Second, this post is pure rant. No question, no statement as to what you do not like about SCM, making it literally impossible to respond in any concrete way.

Third, did you miss the fact that there is a trial for this program? I mean, really, did you try it out before you spent your hard earned money and became a disgruntled purchaser? You know, QL does not have a trial, I bought it under the same circumstances you describe because there was no trial. I use SCM not QL, am I pissed that QL got my money and I do not use it? Nope. You know why? I'm a grown up, that's why. But also, because I appreciate that QL is a different way of skinning the same cat, that it is a pretty awesome application in its own right and my preference for SCM is personal and that I am glad that the BB marketplace has grown enough that there is room for developers to sell apps that allow for more than one size/choice in any given category. BTW, I do get one real benefit from owning QL, I get to use it whenever the spirit hits me and decide if I still prefer SCM.

P.S. if you have an actual complaint that you want to articulate or a problem you need help with then I am all ears. Otherwise, perhaps you should refrain from being a troll.
    04-19-10 09:35 PM
    Thanks guys.

msgreenf, I renamed the touch version to 3.10.4.0 after removing a license key related bug.
    (Slept only 3 hours last night because I was trying to find that beast-bug.
    It was a beast because it only effected some BB PINs and I could not reproduce it).
    04-19-10 10:01 PM
    Email sent with it. Easier then Uploading

I am considering changing the virtual keypad layout so that it suits better for new BB OS.
    04-20-10 06:30 AM
    Cool. Thanks.

04-20-10 06:34 AM
156 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD