msgreenf, can you see if you can launch Clock with SCM?
    Launching clock works...going to bed now...
    04-22-10 09:47 PM
    Launching clock works...going to bed now...
    Ok good night.

Tomorrow please see if you have the firewall enabled in your Storm:

Options>Security Options>Firewall
    04-22-10 09:53 PM
    Do you have a trial version available? I can try making it so that it shows all of the apps in your app.
    I have no prob sending you the full version, but it's not just 1 app, it's in general. Users have verified this, 3rd-party launchers are just listing the first application descriptor in each code module, whereas the built-in convenience key setter in Options/Screen lists all the application descriptors.

So what happens is, users can only set their 3rd-party launcher to the main icon but not any of the additional icons of an app.

Here's an example (BestFLASH), which has 3 code modules but 6 icons:

In the BestFLASH code module, there are 4 application descriptors:

0: BestFLASH (main icon) -- runs BestFLASH with no argument
    1: BestFLASH Quick Light -- runs BestFLASH with argument "quicklight"
    2: BestFLASH Quick Blue -- runs BestFLASH with argument "quickblue"
    3: BestFLASH Quick Red -- runs BestFLASH with argument "quickred"

Then, there are two additional code modules, VideoFlashlight and bStrobe, each with just 1 application descriptor.

In the convenience key setter in Options/Screen, all 6 of those are listed. But in your competitor's launcher for example, only 3 are listed, the "Quick" icons being omitted.

See what the problem is? From the CodeModule you get the ApplicationDescriptors[] array, and there can be more than 1 app in there. But it seems that 3rd-party launchers forget about that and just add the 1st app in the module to their app list, ignoring the rest.
    04-22-10 10:23 PM
    @LSphone

Ok. I now know what you mean.

Let me check the source code first.
    04-22-10 10:31 PM
    Ok good night.

Tomorrow please see if you have the firewall enabled in your Storm:

Options>Security Options>Firewall
    Disabled........
    04-23-10 04:48 AM
    Disabled........
    Let's try again with 3.10.4.2 which is now on the OTA link.
    04-23-10 07:25 AM
    Let's try again with 3.10.4.2 which is now on the OTA link.
    Installed update....rebooted...set permissions..launched shortcut me, selected my reboot shortcut.....clicked yes...

Got hour glass....then I got a popup asking me if I wanted to grant shortcutme trusted app status ...said yes...waited...no reboot...

Selected reboot device again....clicked yes, selected reboot device....nothing....
    04-23-10 07:51 AM
    It did not ask you before about making SCM trusted app, isn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 01:55 PM
    It did not ask you before about making SCM trusted app, isn't it?

It did not ask before...
    04-23-10 02:00 PM
    Good. Then we are getting closer. I will make a new rev and make it available on OTA. Since Reboot_device runs fine on my BBs with older OS, I need your help (and time) to find a solution.

04-23-10 02:32 PM
    Its interesting how different OS versions can be.

04-23-10 03:02 PM
    APIs used for doing these kind of tasks are very prone to fail because of (sometime even) very small changes deep down in the OS layers.

04-23-10 03:57 PM
    Hi Vijik. My 9700 runs OS 5.0.0.545 and the reboot doesn't work on it. Sorry about the late response.

I've been so busy with other stuff lately.
    04-23-10 06:59 PM
    Hi Vijik. My 9700 runs OS 5.0.0.545 and the reboot doesn't work on it. Sorry about the late response.

I've been so busy with other stuff lately.
    ShortcutMe 3.10.4.3 is on the OTA link. Question is if reboot will work on that.
    04-24-10 08:50 AM
    Its interesting how different OS versions can be.

ShortcutMe_Touch 3.10.4.3 is now on the OTA link.
    04-24-10 08:55 AM
    ShortcutMe_Touch 3.10.4.3 is now on the OTA link.
    No dice. It just asked for trusted app status then did nothing...

I was running a mini marathon this morning so it took me some time to get to my phone!
    04-24-10 10:08 AM
    (Mini marathon is good. I should do that too when I get some time)

Okay. That is maybe why some other apps also doesn't reboot on newer BB OS.

I will ask others to test it with earlier versions of OS so that I know on what OS it can reboot, so that it could be announced only for those OSs.

BTW, I added "Power_Off" to the apps in ShortcutMe and ShortcutMe_Touch 3.10.4.4 which are now on the OTA link.

If you have a Power_Off shortcut without any parameter, it will just turn off the device.
    If you want you can specify when it should turn on again, here is an example:

AppName: Power_Off
    Parameter: 60

It will turn off the BB and then turn it on 60 minutes later.
    04-24-10 10:17 AM
    (Mini marathon is good. I should do that too when I get some time)

Okay. That is maybe why some other apps also doesn't reboot on newer BB OS.

I will ask others to test it with earlier versions of OS so that I know on what OS it can reboot, so that it could be announced only for those OSs.

BTW, I added "Power_Off" to the apps in ShortcutMe and ShortcutMe_Touch 3.10.4.4 which are now on the OTA link.

If you have a Power_Off shortcut without any parameter, it will just turn off the device.
    If you want you can specify when it should turn on again, here is an example:

AppName: Power_Off
    Parameter: 60

It will turn off the BB and then turn it on 60 minutes later.
    Cool. I will try that out.

Mini was fun today! that was my 5th mini...its still tough but fun
    04-24-10 10:30 AM
    Power_Off doesn't automatically power up the device on some BB OS.
    So, for the time being, I am going to just make it run without parameter (a shortcut just to power off the device).
    04-24-10 02:27 PM
    Power_Off doesn't automatically power up the device on some BB OS.
    So, for the time being, I am going to just make it run without parameter (a shortcut just to power off the device).
    I bet .607 is one of those! lol
    04-24-10 03:02 PM
    Power_Off works on 607
    04-25-10 07:20 AM
    3.10.4.5 (for all BlackBerry models) is now on the OTA link.

Please upgrade and let me know about the new screen when you want to create a new shortcut (SCM>MenuKey>"Add Shortcut").

The new screen is meant to help new users to find the most used shortcuts instead of searching in the drop down app list.

I also tried to remove new features that did not work on some BB OS versions, so that I can release 3.10.5.0
    04-25-10 10:49 AM
    I installed it. Here is my suggestion. Personally I don't like it but I have been using scm since day one. It is easier but for me it would be an extra step. Maybe add an expert mode in the preferences that goes right to the old way. It does work and work well though.

04-25-10 11:21 AM
    Here is another idea...to get users started..you should include a bunch of shortcuts to google services and news sites. I have a bunch that I can share...
    04-30-10 12:52 PM
    I installed it. Here is my suggestion. Personally I don't like it but I have been using scm since day one. It is easier but for me it would be an extra step. Maybe add an expert mode in the preferences that goes right to the old way. It does work and work well though.

I will most likely add an expert mode in future releases.

That extra step was needed for new users.
    05-16-10 09:40 AM
156 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD