I really like the now playing shortcut!
    04-16-10 03:21 PM
    I really like the now playing shortcut!
    Soon you too get the brightness shortcuts on your storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 03:45 PM
    Is this a bug? -> If the scm brightness is set. Then in screen settings it still stays the same. If you set brightness to 95 in one shortcut, then the manual
    brightness shortcut can't get the brightness to 100 or 0.
    Screen/Keyboard page in Options will not be changed by your SCM shortcuts. That is just a limitation in BB OS APIs.

The second thing you mentioned (95 don't go to 100) is a bug. Already removed it in 3.10.2.5

Will soon make it available.

04-16-10 03:49 PM
    3.10.2.5 can now be downloaded using "Updates" menu option in ShortcutMe (both for App Wolrd customers and for others).

Some changes are done regarding the reported bug and the UI for BackLight_Brightness app.

04-16-10 04:28 PM
    Backlight doesnt seem to work everytime now. I updated to the latest and am outside right now and it isn't working with y-b or q-a.

04-16-10 06:00 PM
    Seems to be something to do with the auto dim. If that option is off or on, it still stays active. If I cover up the led, then scm can change the backlight. Also, why in scm bl settings with q-a 0-100. Shouldn't it be 10-100? Because bbos only has the lowest level as 10, not 0.

04-16-10 06:15 PM
    Seems to be something to do with the auto dim. If that option is off or on, it still stays active. If I cover up the led, then scm can change the backlight. Also, why in scm bl settings with q-a 0-100. Shouldn't it be 10-100? Because bbos only has the lowest level as 10, not 0.

BB has Auto Dim feature. It can be turned off in Options.
    In addition to that, it has something else, let's call it Auto Brightness. This one can NOT be turned off. The way it works: If the ambient light is bright, the Auto Brightness sets the minimum brightness to a higher value. If it set it to 100, the APIs for backlight doesn't work as they try to set brightness to a value lower than the minimum set by that feature.
    Any time you think SCM can't set the brightness, cover the BB LED with finger for 5 seconds. Then without removing finger from the LED, try setting the brightness with SCM. It will work.

04-16-10 07:09 PM
    BB has Auto Dim feature. It can be turned off in Options.
    In addition to that, it has something else, let's call it Auto Brightness. This one can NOT be turned off. The way it works: If the ambient light is bright, the Auto Brightness sets the minimum brightness to a higher value. If it set it to 100, the APIs for backlight doesn't work as they try to set brightness to a value lower than the minimum set by that feature.
    Any time you think SCM can't set the brightness, cover the BB LED with finger for 5 seconds. Then without removing finger from the LED, try setting the brightness with SCM. It will work.

Yea it must be the auto. Cause it was working every time in target, just not outside. Thanks again man.
    04-16-10 07:16 PM
    Hi, i have a feature request, can you add Google Translate to the available searches in SCM?
    04-16-10 08:18 PM
    Hi, i have a feature request, can you add Google Translate to the available searches in SCM?
    ShortcutMe already allows you to create any Search app you want.

As an example I just created a google translate shortcut for translating English words to German.

This is how I did it:

1- I pointed my BB Browser to http://translate.google.com

2- I changed the languages to English->German

3- I entered "shortcutme" (without quote) in the translate field and hit Transfer button.

4- When it translated shortcutme, then from the BB Browser menu I selected "Page Address" and copied the link address of that page.
    (http://translate.google.com/m?hl=en&sl=en&tl=de&ie=UTF-8&prev=_m&q=shortcutme)

5-Now in ShortcutMe I created a shortcut, setting AppName to Search_Yahoo (you can select any search app available in ShortcutMe).

6- in the parameter field I pasted the page address found in 4 (full including the word shortcutme).

7- I set the Display Name to Google Translate

8- Now, any time I launch that shortcut, anything I enter will be directly translated to German.

Is this what you had in mind?
    04-16-10 10:38 PM
    ShortcutMe already allows you to create any Search app you want.

As an example I just created a google translate shortcut for translating English words to German.

This is how I did it:

1- I pointed my BB Browser to http://translate.google.com

2- I changed the languages to English->German

3- I entered "shortcutme" (without quote) in the translate field and hit Transfer button.

4- When it translated shortcutme, then from the BB Browser menu I selected "Page Address" and copied the link address of that page.
    (http://translate.google.com/m?hl=en&sl=en&tl=de&ie=UTF-8&prev=_m&q=shortcutme)

5-Now in ShortcutMe I created a shortcut, setting AppName to Search_Yahoo (you can select any search app available in ShortcutMe).

6- in the parameter field I pasted the page address found in 4 (full including the word shortcutme).

7- I set the Display Name to Google Translate

8- Now, any time I launch that shortcut, anything I enter will be directly translated to German.

Is this what you had in mind?
    I love you, man.

Will this be added to the list under Search_All?

04-16-10 11:04 PM

If you mean adding a new App called Search_Translator, etc , then I am not sure.
    People do want to translate using different From/To languages. That changes the web page link and therefore SCM need to have settings that allows users to select the language for their shortcut.
    That makes ShortcutMe to be larger for a feature that is already there.
    04-16-10 11:32 PM

If you mean adding a new App called Search_Translator, etc , then I am not sure.
    People do want to translate using different From/To languages. That changes the web page link and therefore SCM need to have settings that allows users to select the language for their shortcut.
    That makes ShortcutMe to be larger for a feature that is already there.
    I was asking if the custom search would be added to the list. In testing this out I got the answer, it does not. Nevertheless, I agree that it would not be feasible as a new "app" as there are too many variables and the custom search does the job nicely.

Also, the parameter works without the search term included (in your example, it was "shortcutme").

SCM is frickin' awesome.
    04-16-10 11:52 PM
    Regarding the word shortcutme in the parameter field, in google translator case it works not having "shortcutme" in the link.
    But if you happen to create a custom search where that search page is using your search word/term in the middle of the page address/link, then you do need the have the word "shortcutme" in the parameter field of your SCM shortcut.

"SCM is frickin' awesome"
    Thanks

04-17-10 12:08 AM
    3.10.3.0 is now available for 97xx, 96xx, 90xx, 89xx, 88xx, 85xx, 83xx

Please upgrade to it using the "Updates" menu option in ShortcutMe.

New in 3.10.3.0 (comparing to 3.10.2.4):

- Changed the Backlight_Brightness panel. Brightness can now be changed using trackpad/trackball instead of the clicking keys on the keypad.
    The panel itself is smaller now allowing to see the brightness of the screen behind it.

- Because of a bug, SCM on 88xx, 85xx, 83xx started up with a lag. That bug is now removed.
    04-17-10 11:33 AM
    3.10.3.0 is now available for 97xx, 96xx, 90xx, 89xx, 88xx, 85xx, 83xx

Please upgrade to it using the "Updates" menu option in ShortcutMe.

New in 3.10.3.0 (comparing to 3.10.2.4):

- Changed the Backlight_Brightness panel. Brightness can now be changed using trackpad/trackball instead of the clicking keys on the keypad.
    The panel itself is smaller now allowing to see the brightness of the screen behind it.

- Because of a bug, SCM on 88xx, 85xx, 83xx started up with a lag. That bug is now removed.
    What about SCM Touch?
    04-17-10 03:35 PM
    I am working on it.
    Should have something available in few hours.

04-17-10 05:04 PM
    ShortcutMe_Touch 3.10.2.4 is now available.
    To upgrade directly from ShortcutMe use "Updates" menu option in ShortcutMe.

04-17-10 06:55 PM
    Thanks for the update on backlight. I like the trackpad option.

04-17-10 06:59 PM
    Thanks for the update on backlight. I like the trackpad option.

Yes, trackpad is easier to use for this and the panel end of being much smaller.

One of the best fans we have has suggested and requested this brightness setting panel.
    04-17-10 08:00 PM
    msgreenf, when you upgrade let me know if you see any problem, specially the new features in SCM_Touch 3.10.2.4

When testing is done I will rename it to 3.10.3.0 so that it is at the same level as ShortcutMe for trackball/touchpad devices.
    04-17-10 11:37 PM
    Absolutley love the space bar launch option!
    04-18-10 04:17 AM
    msgreenf, when you upgrade let me know if you see any problem, specially the new features in SCM_Touch 3.10.2.4

When testing is done I will rename it to 3.10.3.0 so that it is at the same level as ShortcutMe for trackball/touchpad devices.
    testing now!
    04-18-10 08:20 AM
    Google Maps Menu works!
    04-18-10 08:49 AM
    Google Maps Menu works!
    Lol. I will keep it in from now on. (last time it was removed by accident!)
    04-18-10 09:46 AM
156 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD