Do you want to have a faster and more responsive BlackBerry? If so, download the fully functional trial version of ShortcutMe!

ShortcutMe 3.3 is now released for 81xx, 82xx, 83xx, 88xx, 89xx, 90xx.
    This new version of ShortcutMe is developed adding two new features requested by the users.

It is free to upgrade as it always have been.

For those who do not know what ShortcutMe is, watch the video clip, read the below text, or just download the fully featured trial version from here:
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcuts Application - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    What is ShortcutMe?
    Do you like shortcuts on your PC? Do you want to create shortcuts for your BlackBerry and have them available from anywhere?

Do you want to assign 6 applications/tasks to the side/convenience keys on your BlackBerry?
    Do you want for example to double click a side key to turn your blackberry into a Flash Light, triple clicking the same key to go directly to a web page or toggle Bluetooth/WiFi/Radio ?

ShortcutMe allows you to do all that.
    With ShortcutMe you can create shortcuts to:
    - Web pages (using WAP, BES, BIS Browser)
    - RIM and 3rd party applications
    - Bluetooth/Radio toggle
    - Files, documents, MediaFiles or folders
    - Sending Email message, call someone, sending PIN and sending SMS
    - Memory Cleaner, Call Log and Event Log

Video clip for ShortcutMe:

New features in 3.3.0.0 comparing to 3.2.1.0:

- Weather forecast: Allows you to create shortcuts to 4 days weather forecast and current conditions for up to 4 cities. So, check weather by for example double clicking the conv. key, or clicking conv. key plus one or more shortcut character(s)

- Screenshot capture: Allows you to capture screenshots anytime you want by for example double clicking a convenience key or clicking conv. key plus one or more shortcut character(s). It also allows you to specify the quality of the captured screen to save space on your BB memory. Screenshots can be emailed, MMS’ed, send to MySpace/Facebook/GoogleTalk

Fully featured trial version available from here:
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcuts Application - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

06-29-09 07:11 PM
    Some screenshots of the main page of the new version of ShortcutMe (3.4):

07-04-09 09:07 PM
    3.4? Where can we get 3.4?

forkup
    07-05-09 09:33 AM
    3.4? Where can we get 3.4?

forkup

I am alpha testing 3.4 now. Will soon (today) make it available for beta testers (same OTA link that was used for beta testing 3.3 series).

New features will be, transparent background for the main page and ability to take screenshots of the ShortcutMe's own screens.
    07-05-09 10:38 AM
    This is looking like a great app, going to test this out.
    07-05-09 12:26 PM
    ShortcutMe 3.4 is now available for beta testing.

Please download it from the same OTA link that you last received.

New features:

- Transparent background for the main page.

- Allows to take screenshots of the ShortcutMe's own screens (in addition to taking screenshots of other programs) (AppName: Screenshot, Parameter: 60;1)

- More parameters for finetuning Bluetooth_Toggle, GPS_Config, Options_Subpage
    07-05-09 03:39 PM
    Is this a priavte beta testing? I would love to be apart of it but don't have previous OTA address
    07-05-09 03:46 PM
    Is this a priavte beta testing? I would love to be apart of it but don't have previous OTA address
    Already have enough beta testers. But it is nothing wrong in you too testing the latest version (Remember that ShortcutMe always have a 7 days fully functional trial version available from mobihand.
    3.4 will also be on Mobihand with it's free trial version).

To get the OTA link send email to support at fonware dot ca
    In your email please specify the followings:
    Your BB model number,
    Your BB OS version,
    Your CrackBerry user name,
    Used ShortcutMe before? Own a license key already?
    07-05-09 04:01 PM
    Nice app! I think ill use the OTA if i download this.
    07-05-09 04:08 PM
    Nice app! I think ill use the OTA if i download this.
    Same response as my post above at 5:01 PM
    Except: Since you have a Storm please continue discussions on this thread:

EDIT: Corrected the link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/yo...ponsive-257127

Last edited by Vijik; 07-05-09 at 04:18 PM.
    07-05-09 04:15 PM
    Installed it on my curve just a few minutes ago. Only had one issue after install. I went to start the program and got a permission error. Just went to applications and edited the permissions and all seems good. Only thing I have to get used to is you have to hit the first convienience key then your other ones. So if the right is set for shortcutme in the screen/keyboard options. And you set twitterberry as triple left click you have to hit the right key then the left key twice. All in all its faster than other methods. Will post back if I figure something out that's better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 06:15 PM
    I figured you had more tricks up your sleeve
    cant wait to take a look
    07-05-09 06:55 PM
    Installed it on my curve just a few minutes ago. Only had one issue after install. I went to start the program and got a permission error. Just went to applications and edited the permissions and all seems good. Only thing I have to get used to is you have to hit the first convienience key then your other ones. So if the right is set for shortcutme in the screen/keyboard options. And you set twitterberry as triple left click you have to hit the right key then the left key twice. All in all its faster than other methods. Will post back if I figure something out that's better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you choose to also assign left conv key to ShortcutMe, then you don't need to first click right conv key and then left conv. key.
    07-05-09 08:04 PM
    I figured you had more tricks up your sleeve
    cant wait to take a look

ShortcutMe 3.4 is ready for download on the same OTA link you used for beta testing 3.3
    07-05-09 08:07 PM
    Hi
    Got a problem with screenshot (sorry this is kinda long)
    trying to take a screenshot of shortcutme screen doesnt work pressing letter keys I tried a number of different combos also did a battery pull just in case.

When you press the first letter assigned to screenshot the shortcutme screen drops down and only shows the top 2 shortcuts (it does that whenever you use the key shortcuts) it does take the shot but with the dropped down screen

Highliting the screenshot shortcut and clicking the ball works the black ok screen comes up but sometimes it shows you the shot sometimes it doesnt but it does take the full shortcutme screen same using the side key

screenshots of other screens works but again you get the ok screen but sometimes it shows the shot sometimes not but it does take the shot

the only way to shoot the home screen is with the side key but I guess that only make sense

Also there is no option to delete when it does show the shot would that be possible

Im using the 60;1 perameter still on stock os 234
    Last edited by tlgemxx; 07-05-09 at 10:23 PM. Reason: forgot something
    07-05-09 10:18 PM
    Hi
    Got a problem with screenshot (sorry this is kinda long)
    trying to take a screenshot of shortcutme screen doesnt work pressing letter keys I tried a number of different combos also did a battery pull just in case.

When you press the first letter assigned to screenshot the shortcutme screen drops down and only shows the top 2 shortcuts (it does that whenever you use the key shortcuts) it does take the shot but with the dropped down screen
    It is normal like that. The screen when you launch the "Screenshot" is the one that gets captured. If you choose to enter shortcuts for Screenshot then you get the shot from dropped down screen.
    If you want to have a screenshot of the main page of the shotcutme, then you need to use multiclick features as you also have found out.

Highliting the screenshot shortcut and clicking the ball works the black ok screen comes up but sometimes it shows you the shot sometimes it doesnt but it does take the full shortcutme screen same using the side key

screenshots of other screens works but again you get the ok screen but sometimes it shows the shot sometimes not but it does take the shot
    I will check and see why it does not show the taken screenshot sometimes.

the only way to shoot the home screen is with the side key but I guess that only make sense
    Correct.

Also there is no option to delete when it does show the shot would that be possible
    It is possible to add deleting feature, but you might not need to think about deleting it as the next captured screenshot will write over the old one.
    It will only be one captured screenshot on the uSD card at any time.
    07-05-09 10:48 PM
    Actually Ive taken as many as 5 shots in a row say of the home screen and had 5 shots in media pictures they dont overwrite
    Have to go to media to view screenshots and delete is right there so not necessary

All the options for screenshot work great

wap address only work under web shortcut I guess thats the blackberry browser

Everything else works great really fast

The transparent background is nice idea more for the bigger screens
    07-06-09 08:09 AM
    Actually Ive taken as many as 5 shots in a row say of the home screen and had 5 shots in media pictures they dont overwrite
    Have to go to media to view screenshots and delete is right there so not necessary
    I have to confess that I didn't know that those screenshots were available in Media Pictures. This is BB OS that keeps them there.
    ShortcutMe just stores the screenshot in a file on the root directory of the uSD card. That file will be overwritten every time you take a new screenshot.

All the options for screenshot work great
    Cool.
    wap address only work under web shortcut I guess thats the blackberry browser
    Wap address works with Browser_WAP which is the BlackBerry Wap browser.

Everything else works great really fast

The transparent background is nice idea more for the bigger screens
    [/QUOTE]

Agree. BBs with wider screen will see the difference right away.
    However if you sort your shortcuts (W for Web shortcuts, U for utility shortcuts, etc), as soon as you hit the first shortcut key, you should be able to see the background screen on your BB 82xx.
    07-06-09 09:50 AM
    Oh now your going to make me learn to use the sort function
    Life on a berry is alot easier with this app
    Thanks for your work
    Terry
    07-06-09 11:53 AM
    Wap page shortcut
    If you put wap.crackberry.com as a perameter it does nothing
    doesnt kick in the browser buzzes and goes back to the home screen
    and thats it
    Change that to a web page shortcut same perameter and works fine
    07-06-09 02:41 PM
    Wap page shortcut
    If you put wap.crackberry.com as a perameter it does nothing
    doesnt kick in the browser buzzes and goes back to the home screen
    and thats it
    Change that to a web page shortcut same perameter and works fine
    On my 8900, OS 4.6, following shortcut works fine:

AppName: Browser_WAP
    Parameter: wap.crackberry.com

A shortcut like this one also works:

AppName: Browser_WAP
    Parameter: m.crackberry.com

Maybe it is an OS thing if the same thing does not work on your 8220.
    07-06-09 07:22 PM
    Tried all that
    Also tried changing browser identification no go
    Every thing works fine with internet shortcut so no problem

I really have an 8230 I wish they would give that option in the my profile section

Thats all I can find
    Looking forward to the next rev.

Thanks
    Its been a good learning experience
    Last edited by tlgemxx; 07-07-09 at 07:13 AM. Reason: oops
    07-06-09 11:33 PM
    Can you look at Address book Groups. It seems they are seen as email addresses, not as groups. It would be nice not to have to enter separate addresses on frequently mailed groups.
    07-10-09 04:09 PM
    Can you look at Address book Groups. It seems they are seen as email addresses, not as groups. It would be nice not to have to enter separate addresses on frequently mailed groups.
    Ok. I will check that.
    07-11-09 10:36 PM
    ShortcutMe 3.4.1.2 is now on the OTA link.

New features:

- Style setting for the main page (No Header, Top Header, Above Header, Not Transparent)

- Allows you to create shortcut for Profile settings (AppName: Profile_Selector), for example you can double click conv key to set profiles to quiet and triple click to set it to normal.

- New AppName called Gmail_Menu which is very useful if you use Gmail app and if you have more than one gmail account.

Could you please test it and let me know if you see any bug/etc
    07-11-09 10:37 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD