Adding a zip file containing the CODs for the latest free Weather Bug app. I have it installed on my 9850 and it works perfectly. It even takes up the entire screen. You can tell is optimized for the Storm's smaller screen, but it still uses the entire 9850 screen.

So glad I had the guts to reinstall this app. I was missing it big time.

NOTE: I did not use my described method to install this app, though it should work. I actually used DM to install the app. If anyone has any problems installing this app via the method described in my first post, please let me know so I can give detailed instructions on a different method.
    09-21-11 10:44 AM
    Thanks for this thread, I now have e-office flashlight, eBay, and WeatherBug that I was missing since switching from my Storm to the Torch.

Never having used BBSAK before it took me a while to figure out it needs to be installed on a PC, not the phone itself. I didn't read BBSAK for dummies first...

I also discovered that there are many .cod files to load to the phone, and it seems to be picky about which order they are loaded in. Took several tries, especially for WeatherBug.

In the end they all work, at least good enough until an official update for the Torch is released.

Thanks again & God bless,
    Rick
    09-22-11 03:15 PM
    Google Maps, still isn't supported for the 9850, but when I tried it today in my backyard to see how well the GPS worked (found me, and moved as I moved across the yard, hehehe), it updated from 4.5.2 to 4.5.3. Still works fine, too.

And yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking about AOL IM - I checked and can't find it anywhere. Must have had a flashback to my 9650 when I said it was already there.
    09-22-11 06:40 PM
    Ugh. I haven't checked up in here in a while. They moved the thread on me and I've been missing it thinking it was just getting ignored into oblivion.

Anyway, I got a few messages about instructions on weatherbug and how to install it. I'll post something in a little bit unless someone beats me to it.
    09-26-11 12:02 PM
    i am thinking about upgrading from a S2 to a Torch 9860 but have a task manager Pocket Informant that i use daily.

does anyone have experience with this app on a torch?
    09-26-11 08:36 PM
    i am thinking about upgrading from a S2 to a Torch 9860 but have a task manager Pocket Informant that i use daily.

does anyone have experience with this app on a torch?
    No experience with it, but if you'd upload the .cod and post a link to it, I'd be willing to try it on my 9850 and see how it works....
    09-27-11 01:48 PM
    And if anyone else is having the same problem I was with BBSAK or BB Boss not connecting after you installed DM 6.1, the simple solution is: Ctrl+Alt_Del>Task Manager>RIMDevicemanager>end process.

Worked like a charm for me - BBSAK immediately connected to the phone after that and continued to do so even after the phone rebooted.
    09-28-11 07:10 AM
    Just curious if anyone has been using this method lately and if there are any other CODs we can share.

If anyone is interested in flightpath, I have it and will upload it. It's a fun timewaster game, one of the first accelerometer games available for the storm. It doesn't take up the entire screen, but the playability isn't affected otherwise.
    10-08-11 10:32 AM
    +1 for the fios dvr app please !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-09-11 01:19 AM
    +1 for the fios dvr app please !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Do you have the app on an older device. If you do, follow the instrctions in the first post of this thread to back it up and then install in on your 9850.

then share the cod and let us know how it works for you.

If you have questions on how to do any of this, post them here. I'll help you out best I can.
    10-10-11 11:10 AM
    cod for TD bank app added to second post.
    10-20-11 01:52 PM
    Does anyone have/can upload cods and jad files for Ebay2.0 app?
    12-08-11 12:35 PM
    Oh yeah, I'm planning to use on Bold 9780
    12-08-11 12:36 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD