Just got the notification on the update. MUCH improved UI and numerous added options.
    05-25-10 03:38 PM
    Just went to youmail.com to download and its still showing 0.97.0.4 Do you have a link for this new version?
    05-25-10 04:19 PM
    I was a beta tester for the new version, the developer is in the process of updating the youmail mobile site with the new version. The developer is new to the project and re-wrote the application from the ground up, it has more features, more options, and is far more stable than ever!
    05-25-10 04:38 PM
    Also, BerryBuzz/BeBuzz users should note that Youmail is now supported by the applications through 3.0 MR1 it is available in the bellshare forums.
    05-25-10 04:39 PM
    I updated through App World. The developer did an outstanding job.
    05-25-10 05:30 PM
    How on earth does app world have the more current version than the website who created it?!? I'm not getting app world just to get it - hopefully the ota will be here soon.
    05-25-10 05:39 PM
    How on earth does app world have the more current version than the website who created it?!? I'm not getting app world just to get it - hopefully the ota will be here soon.
    The new YouMail 2.0 is flippin' awesome! Trust me, it's well worth getting App World just to get it!
    05-25-10 06:38 PM
    The new YouMail 2.0 is flippin' awesome! Trust me, it's well worth getting App World just to get it!
    Alright, I'll get app world to get it. But only because you have a cool a$$ name.
    05-25-10 07:03 PM
    Dont bother with appworld, on my phone it still shows the old version, it does show the new version when I go there from my pc though, not sure what gives
    05-25-10 09:36 PM
    I cant get it on app world either whats new with it
    05-25-10 10:18 PM
    They added an alert to the top bar on the screen with a message count. Lots of bells and whistles under the settings menu, to many to list.
    05-25-10 11:45 PM
    Try again on App World -- it did not show up for me yesterday, but it is there now. Definitely a great update!
    05-26-10 10:26 AM
    I'm still wondering how App World has it already, when they are usually 2-4 weeks behind the direct download from the developers site... Makes no sense why it is still not up on youmail.com
    05-26-10 10:59 AM
    can't find it in AppWorld at all. I had them send me the link and it never connects.
    05-26-10 01:50 PM
    The New Youmail Its AWESOME!!!

I just need for facebook & BB World to get updated

and ill be happy for a while lol
    05-26-10 03:40 PM
    The new version is finally available at youmail.com Downloading now.
    05-26-10 05:02 PM
    Yay - don't have to install crap world!!!
    05-26-10 06:13 PM
    Yep - back to youmail after using ATT visual voicemail since getting my 9700. This new version of the app seems fantastic so far.
    05-26-10 08:33 PM
    The new version is finally available at youmail.com Downloading now.
    Damn beat me to the punch, was just going to let everyone know that is was available finally!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 09:42 PM
    This is a nice upgrade and a good foundation for future improvements.

05-27-10 08:23 AM
    Hey folks - been using the new youmail app since last night. New interface is great, like the added options in the app, and notifications are nearly instant (certainly quick enough for me for voicemail, anyway).

However, I am seeing dramatically reduced battery life today. Been busy at work so minimal use of the device...I would expect to have 90% or at a minimum 80% battery life remaining at this point during the day with this level of usage. However, I am at 50% now.

Wondering if anyone else has seen reduced battery life with this app so far? I had not been using youmail since switching to the 9700 up until last night, so have not had another version of the youmail app running. I had youmail checking for messages on the server every 1 hour. Now set to never.

I also updated iheartradio and wordpress today, and installed bitbop last night. used bitbop for about 2 minutes today to demo to a co-worker, but I don't really believe any of these are the culprit.

Any input on this would be appreciated. If I'm gonna have a dead battery by the end of the day with minimal usage, I might as well go get an iPhone, right? ;-)

Thanks,

MB
    05-27-10 12:17 PM
    Have you tried disabling the polling so that it only is triggered by text/email?
    05-27-10 02:02 PM
    Have you tried disabling the polling so that it only is triggered by text/email?
    This is a must. Turn off polling and have Youmail send notification via email. Then use BeMail to ignore the email (no email tone or LED) and delete it. The YouMail app will still receive the email and notifiy you of voicemail w/ the custom profile and a Youmail icon.

If your using push email - this essentially gives you push voicemail notification.

Works sweetly...
    Last edited by quixin; 05-27-10 at 02:12 PM.
    05-27-10 02:08 PM
    Yeah this was the problem I was having on the old version. Polling is a mega battery drain...
    05-27-10 02:22 PM
    Sorry my last post was kinda unclear. I did have polling on - once per hour. Switched it to off (I get email notifications and manage them with mailminder) but right after I posted dropped to 40 percent battery. Decided to disable youmail and close the app for the rest of the day as I was worried about the batt dying on me - no way to charge till I got home at 630.

At any rate, as I write this I am at 30 percent battery. So that's a 10% drop over 5 hours, vs 60% drop over about 7.5 hours with youmail on this AM. My gut tells me the polling alone is not the isssue.

Will try again tomorrow with polling off all day and report results.

Thanks again for the input guys!

05-27-10 05:55 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD