Anyone on verizon having a problem with youmail app. My greeting isn't playing and i'm getting stupid messages like my number is disconnected and it's not, all circuits are busy and other crazy stuff. Don't know if it verizon or youmail. anyone with a fix please let me know or if this is happening to you.

Mind it was working fine yesterday.
    08-17-10 03:29 PM
    Never experience issues like that before. Have you checked the youmail forums?
    08-17-10 03:33 PM
    Get Google Voice
    08-17-10 05:39 PM
    Anyone on verizon having a problem with youmail app. My greeting isn't playing and i'm getting stupid messages like my number is disconnected and it's not, all circuits are busy and other crazy stuff. Don't know if it verizon or youmail. anyone with a fix please let me know or if this is happening to you.

Mind it was working fine yesterday.
    I don't use the Youmail app, but I've been experiencing problems when trying to access my Youmail voicemail. I get either busy signals or "your call cannot be connected" messages. Really annoying.
    08-17-10 07:41 PM
    Get Google Voice
    Thanks for help...
    08-17-10 07:42 PM
    Thanks for help...
    Seriously... Google Voice is a much more robust app that includes many features that aren't available on free YouMail.
    08-17-10 08:33 PM
    Seriously... Google Voice is a much more robust app that includes many features that aren't available on free YouMail.
    Google voice screws up on my phone so I got rid of it!

Youmail servers were down! Skippy I was having that exact same message but they emailed me and said there servers went down. I'm back up and running now!!
    08-17-10 09:04 PM
    Can Google Voice have certain greetings for certain callers (like Youmail has) or is it just one greeting for everyone? Last time I looked into Google Voice, it was pretty limited in terms of greetings, but if that has changed, I'll definitely look into it again.
    08-17-10 09:05 PM
    If you are just looking for enhanced voicemail for your cell service, youmail is great. Quickly sends an mp3 file to my BB with the message. Couldn't be easier.
    08-18-10 07:03 AM
    ===== QUOTE rlmesq ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Can Google Voice have certain greetings for certain callers (like Youmail has) or is it just one greeting for everyone? Last time I looked into Google Voice, it was pretty limited in terms of greetings, but if that has changed, I'll definitely look into it again.
    Yep it has customized greetings. Best of all the transcription service is free.

It also integrates into your Gmail, so voicemail can be searchable, like your chat and email.

I don't use Gvoice's call forwarding abilities, just voicemail. I just switched from youmail a few days ago

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-18-10 07:16 AM
    Yep it has customized greetings. Best of all the transcription service is free.

It also integrates into your Gmail, so voicemail can be searchable, like your chat and email.

I don't use Gvoice's call forwarding abilities, just voicemail. I just switched from youmail a few days ago

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I might try this, because I installed Youmail on my 9650 today and immediately after the app installed, the phone slowed to a standstill. It was so bad I did a battery pull. Now, it's been over 15 minutes and the OS hasn't even loaded yet!

wtf
    09-02-10 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD